Mayor Serpico's fundraising.

Posted in the Westchester Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jeff Kelly Lowenstein

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 27, 2012
Thanks for letting me join the conversation.

I'm the database and investigative editor for Hoy, the Chicago Tribune company's Spanish-language paper. Based on a reader's tip, we looked at Mayor Serpico's fundraising since 1999.

We found that he's raised a total of $2.7 million dollars in those years, or an average of more than $100 per resident in the community.

To give some context, that's close to $1 million more than State Rep. Edward Acevedo raised in the same years.

We also found that Mr. Serpico has given nearly $173,000 to his own campaign.

By contrast, Mr. Martinez has raised just $6,560 during all of 2012.

Here's the link to our story on Hoy's website:

http://www.vivelohoy.com/noticias/8254136/cru...

We'd love to hear your thoughts about this issue and about anything else you think we should be covering in the community.

Please feel free to shoot me an email at jkellylowenstein@vivelohoy.com .

Thanks for your time. I look forward to the conversation.

Jeff Kelly Lowenstein
Money

Villa Park, IL

#2 Dec 27, 2012
Look into Billy Campanelli
Jeff Kelly Lowenstein wrote:
I'm the database and investigative editor for Hoy, the Chicago Tribune company's Spanish-language paper. Based on a reader's tip, we looked at Mayor Serpico's fundraising since 1999.
We found that he's raised a total of $2.7 million dollars in those years, or an average of more than $100 per resident in the community.
To give some context, that's close to $1 million more than State Rep. Edward Acevedo raised in the same years.
We'd love to hear your thoughts about this issue and about anything else you think we should be covering in the community.
Jeff Kelly Lowenstein

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 27, 2012
Money wrote:
Look into Billy Campanelli
<quoted text>
What fund raiser has Billy had?
Resident

Naperville, IL

#4 Dec 27, 2012
Jeff Kelly Lowenstein wrote:
Jeff Kelly Lowenstein
What's your point? He raised 2.7 millon dollars in 13 years. So????
Mind your own busines hoy

Villa Park, IL

#5 Dec 27, 2012
The proviso herald tried this already and nothing
Hey Mexie

Roselle, IL

#6 Dec 27, 2012
Whats illegal? NOTHING !!!!
mrs oopsi

Bellwood, IL

#7 Dec 27, 2012
wow was that a stupid story. what about a story on how many times the mayor gets a car wash.are you trying to say that every resident in mp gave the mayor 100 dollars. too funny,the only thing even funnier was that jessie raised 6500 dollars.
Martinez

United States

#8 Dec 27, 2012
I'm just trying every possible way to make Serpico look bad. That's why I start up all these blogs about him. Can we please just speak negatively about him, that way people won't vote for him. Which results in me winning! I know I have nothing to offer anyone but I could become mayor by making him look bad. Please vote for me because Serpico raised a lot of money and he is corrupt. I know more than the feds. Trust me, I'm your man!
Martinez

United States

#9 Dec 27, 2012
Oh I almost forgot. If you see me around tell me what you want and I will promise you will get it. This is so you can vote for me. In reality I have no original ideas nor do I have any intentions of keeping my promises. Because in reality I have no idea what to do. But remember Serpico is a very very bad man. Vote for me. Trust me, I'm your man!
large marg

Bellwood, IL

#10 Dec 28, 2012
I see rmp facebook page. i guess they think by posting everything in spanish is good for a election. since corruption is On The table why dont Jessie ask some of his people from durango to caugh up some money from kilos they bring back .
mp resident

Bellwood, IL

#11 Dec 28, 2012
large marg wrote:
I see rmp facebook page. i guess they think by posting everything in spanish is good for a election. since corruption is On The table why dont Jessie ask some of his people from durango to caugh up some money from kilos they bring back .
Just saw RMP Facebook

Wow jesse picked a great crew to run with him.
Villegas lives on 20th with an illegal apartment in the basement. Property has always looks like shit. He used to claim he was blind!! Is cousins with German Cepeda

Sandy Aguirre or is it Sifuentes is a psycho. She attacked a guy on the school board that she was sleeping with. She slashed his car tires and threatened him.

Juanita Guerra is just a tag along nobody. Dumb as a box of rocks!!

Ron Fabiani well everyone knows he always was a loser and always will be. Bad rug!! In all these years you think he would get one that looks a little better.

Michael Godinez is a coke head. His father is a wanna be contractor and could find him mostly hanging out at El Dorado on Lake St coked out of his mind. His house looks like a shit hole. His father was another German Cepeda guy. His brother worked for Rocky Zito driving his hookers around and another coke head.

Great group Jesse!! Should have put Sepulveda on that ticket. Oh yeah u cant because he's working on the 2 DUI's and community service he has never showed up for.
Be careful Hater

United States

#13 Dec 28, 2012
Just because you post anonymous does not mean an IP address cannot be located! I'm going to give you legal advice, there is something called SLANDER and they are legal repercussions! I thought this was about SERPICOS fundraising?
MP resident

United States

#14 Dec 28, 2012
Looks like their trying to make a difference! If you think by smearing somebody's name is going to boost your campaign morale, good luck.
Melrose resident

Bellwood, IL

#15 Dec 28, 2012
Sounds like the only one you have a problem is this German Cepeda guy. Haha.
We all know people like you will say anything and everything to bash the characters of anyone in politics, especially who you are against. It's expected. Especially the hilarious untrue things you are saying. Very amusing, haha. I almost forgot people like you still existed.
Your false negative comments are irrelevant and I am sorry you are so miserable.
God bless you.
Ready for Change

Bellwood, IL

#16 Dec 28, 2012
The one trying to pose as Jesse Martinez, you're a sad individual. Same goes for the coward posting false assumptions about Jesse & his party. Find something more productive to do & make sure when you open your mouth next time, you say something relevant & intelligent... Because EVERYTHING you just said is untrue & quite amusing to read! Really, I am laughing at your stupidity. Haha!
REALLY

United States

#17 Dec 29, 2012
Be careful Hater wrote:
Just because you post anonymous does not mean an IP address cannot be located! I'm going to give you legal advice, there is something called SLANDER and they are legal repercussions! I thought this was about SERPICOS fundraising?
oh so the garbage you are posting about Serpico and his people is not considered slander? I guess it only works when it is against Martinez! Your a fricken Joke!
Change is here

Villa Park, IL

#18 Dec 29, 2012
I am a volunteer for Jesse and I can tell you that they have all agreed to run a clean campaign on issues. They have not made 1 personal attack against Serpico and his candidates. Name 1 example of garbage that Jesse and his candidates have posted and prove that it was them. Again I volunteer for them and I wanted to give them dirt but they are taking the high road and sticking to issues. I'm disappointed that Serpico and his people have to divide our town like this. Please just leave our town.
REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>oh so the garbage you are posting about Serpico and his people is not considered slander? I guess it only works when it is against Martinez! Your a fricken Joke!
large marg

Bellwood, IL

#19 Dec 29, 2012
Divide The town like The ghetto you turned lake st into or whats half decent like winston park
Hey Mexie

Roselle, IL

#20 Dec 29, 2012
Change is here wrote:
I am a volunteer for Jesse and I can tell you that they have all agreed to run a clean campaign on issues. They have not made 1 personal attack against Serpico and his candidates. Name 1 example of garbage that Jesse and his candidates have posted and prove that it was them. Again I volunteer for them and I wanted to give them dirt but they are taking the high road and sticking to issues. I'm disappointed that Serpico and his people have to divide our town like this. Please just leave our town.
<quoted text>
SORRY Jesse doesn't have a chance. After this election day beat down is this going to be over? Or is Jesse going to move to another town with a Mexican population and run there. Jesse will never talk about what he is going to do for the town he will only bash Serpico and his supports and that = a loss.
Gallo negro

Chicago, IL

#22 Dec 29, 2012
Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Ridge fire chief resigns, officials loo... 2 hr Dead Resident 13
considering buying home in Berwyn..advice? (Dec '07) 4 hr rico 117
15th ave adult bookstore (Oct '11) 5 hr People 875
deadly car accident on lake st by venutis 11/2... 6 hr Bponch1234 4
really want to find him (Feb '12) 6 hr Taxpayer for years 9
Nonna gone LOL 6 hr Taxpayer for years 10
Mccambell Kids 6 hr Taxpayer for years 2
Westchester Dating
Find my Match

Westchester People Search