Well-loved high school teacher dies of complications from child birth

Feb 12, 2008 Full story: www.mysuburbanlife.com 26

A funeral was scheduled for Wednesday for an admired Morton East High School teacher and Westchester resident who died last week of complications from child birth.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sad

Woodridge, IL

#1 Feb 14, 2008
Such a sweet girl!! I remember seeing her and talking to her when she was just a little girl. I remember when she first started College and how excited she was. Such a loss!! I was saddened to hear about her mom as well. Jeff and Brian are such great brothers they must be so sad. I know they will be great Uncles to those boys.
rico

Fairport, NY

#2 Feb 18, 2008
Are prayers are with you!
Freedom of Speech

Keller, TX

#3 Feb 27, 2008
What Hospital was she residing at?
rico

Fairport, NY

#4 Feb 27, 2008
Why is that important?
Don Quixote

Normal, IL

#5 Feb 27, 2008
rico wrote:
Why is that important?
That's the exact same thing I wonder when you ask what race people are.

In the case of what Hospital , the person asking is curious and it's very possible that he wants to know so he can avoid that hospital .

Truth is people die under the care of good doctors and at good hospitals , no matter what anyone tells you .
Freedom of Speech

Keller, TX

#6 Feb 28, 2008
Don Quixote wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the exact same thing I wonder when you ask what race people are.
In the case of what Hospital , the person asking is curious and it's very possible that he wants to know so he can avoid that hospital .
Truth is people die under the care of good doctors and at good hospitals , no matter what anyone tells you .
Thank You Don, that is why I asked. It just takes a little common sense.
rico

Fairport, NY

#7 Feb 28, 2008
I ask what race because if it's a black or hispanic it gives their race a bad rap.
Here's an example:
If a white Berwyn home owner moves out of Berwyn because he doesn't like how the area is changing.
Now where he moves he is welcomed , but he will tell stories of Berwyn and when someone is selling their home they will not sell to a Mexican.
Because they don't want that area to turn like Berwyn. Kinda like when I moved into Berwyn I was not like you stereotype hispanic and my white neighbors never had to call the cops on me or break my windows so I would move.
Freedom of Speech

Keller, TX

#8 Feb 28, 2008
rico wrote:
I ask what race because if it's a black or hispanic it gives their race a bad rap.
Here's an example:
If a white Berwyn home owner moves out of Berwyn because he doesn't like how the area is changing.
Now where he moves he is welcomed , but he will tell stories of Berwyn and when someone is selling their home they will not sell to a Mexican.
Because they don't want that area to turn like Berwyn. Kinda like when I moved into Berwyn I was not like you stereotype hispanic and my white neighbors never had to call the cops on me or break my windows so I would move.
Rico, am I going to read about you in topix soon... Going into a Mexican Restaurant or some sort of hang out with a shotgun and blasting Mexicans left and right? If so please give me a heads up so I wont be there.
rico

Fairport, NY

#9 Feb 28, 2008
Freedom of Speech wrote:
<quoted text>
Rico, am I going to read about you in topix soon... Going into a Mexican Restaurant or some sort of hang out with a shotgun and blasting Mexicans left and right? If so please give me a heads up so I wont be there.
Hispanics only that are gang members do that and they shoot at other gang members. But they miss and hit innocent bystanders. I guess you haven't read enough of my posts to know that I am very much against gang-bangers. Even though 97% of them happen to be my race. I don't defend based on race, because that would be racist!

Since: Feb 08

Alsip, IL

#10 Feb 28, 2008
rico wrote:
<quoted text> Hispanics only that are gang members do that and they shoot at other gang members. But they miss and hit innocent bystanders. I guess you haven't read enough of my posts to know that I am very much against gang-bangers. Even though 97% of them happen to be my race. I don't defend based on race, because that would be racist!
Your comment seems to be a little self-depricating claiming that 97% of gang bangers are your own race. Last I knew, gang-bangers were of every race and heritage.
Tenn

Chattanooga, TN

#11 Feb 28, 2008
It is unusual to die from childbirth unless a woman has a pre-existing condition.

What was her pre-existing condition, and why did she not get an abortion?
Present-Berwynit e

Chicago, IL

#12 Feb 29, 2008
Freedom of Speech wrote:
<quoted text>
Rico, am I going to read about you in topix soon... Going into a Mexican Restaurant or some sort of hang out with a shotgun and blasting Mexicans left and right? If so please give me a heads up so I wont be there.
I said this in another thread. Exactly what I'm thinking. I doubt he has the guts to hurt someone in real life but anyone can snap. Scary stuff.

I can't believe that even THIS thread about a poor deceased teacher became a forum for rico's racist rants. This is one sick puppy. It's borderline criminal that Topix lets this go on unmoderated if you ask me.

I'm afraid we're actually empowering him by responding though. He should from now on be ignored.

“A.K.A. Don Quixote”

Since: Sep 07

Berwyn from 1970 - 2000

#13 Feb 29, 2008
Present-Berwynite wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe that even THIS thread about a poor deceased teacher became a forum for rico's racist rants.
Rico has to moderate himself , I know that's hard for him but every thread opened that he replies to get's out of hand.

I submitted this story because it has significant value to the Cicero-Berwyn Topix community , if anyone hasn't noticed .... these threads appear in Cicero , Riverside , and Westchester among others .

I unknowingly instigated Rico on this one because he used the term " What does it matter " when responding to the question of which hospital she passed away at , and I challenged him on the fact that he always ask's what race a person is , had I known that he was going to rant about the same stuff over and over again I would have kept silent.

I do ask Rico to please , and especially with a delicate thread like this one where replies can't be edited out to stay on the subject if he wishes to respond , this happens often and I know that his replies are often for argument sake such as the D'Andreas thread where his 1st comment is why don't they open a Mexican store , that is not needed and instigating for a response.
rico

Fairport, NY

#14 Feb 29, 2008
Why isn't a Mexican store not needed?
Sounds like a racist remark.
See I too can think stupid & liberal.

“A.K.A. Don Quixote”

Since: Sep 07

Berwyn from 1970 - 2000

#15 Feb 29, 2008
rico wrote:
Why isn't a Mexican store not needed?
Sounds like a racist remark.
See I too can think stupid & liberal.
Not what I meant ........

What's not needed is the first comment you made in that thread , and I'm not going to dispute that you can think Stupid in fact you are doing a real good job at it ...... in fact keep it up.

If you want to continue replying please do so in the other thread I have opened.

This thread is for.........
Well-loved high school teacher dies of complications from child birth

Please refrain from replying in this particular thread , I will copy and paste this reply in the other thread on racist comments that I bumped so please respond there.
Freedom of Speech

Keller, TX

#16 Feb 29, 2008
Tenn wrote:
It is unusual to die from childbirth unless a woman has a pre-existing condition.
What was her pre-existing condition, and why did she not get an abortion?
Exactly what I was thinking. It is uncommon in this day in age.

So does anybody know more of this story or knew her personally? Pre-existing conditions? hospital? doctor?
Present-Berwynit e

Wilmington, IL

#17 Feb 29, 2008
Jayelem wrote:
<quoted text>
Not what I meant ........
What's not needed is the first comment you made in that thread , and I'm not going to dispute that you can think Stupid in fact you are doing a real good job at it ...... in fact keep it up.
If you want to continue replying please do so in the other thread I have opened.
This thread is for.........
Well-loved high school teacher dies of complications from child birth
Please refrain from replying in this particular thread , I will copy and paste this reply in the other thread on racist comments that I bumped so please respond there.
You should cut and paste this and send it to the moderators, who should delete all of his posts and ban him for life. He's not going to moderate himself. This guy is getting way, way out of hand Jayelem.
rico

Fairport, NY

#18 Feb 29, 2008
Present-Berwynite wrote:
<quoted text>
You should cut and paste this and send it to the moderators, who should delete all of his posts and ban him for life. He's not going to moderate himself. This guy is getting way, way out of hand Jayelem.
Isn't that what the Nazi's did to the Jews censorship?
Isn't that what some collage students do when a school has a speaker guest that has a point of view which can prove the liberal side to look bad?
Present-Berwynit e

Wilmington, IL

#19 Feb 29, 2008
rico wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't that what the Nazi's did to the Jews censorship?
Isn't that what some collage students do when a school has a speaker guest that has a point of view which can prove the liberal side to look bad?
I think it's about time for you to shut your mouth and out of respect for the teacher that this thread Should be about. People like you are an embarassment to the disadvantaged minority children she dedicated her life to teach.
rico

Fairport, NY

#20 Mar 1, 2008
Present-Berwynite wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's about time for you to shut your mouth and out of respect for the teacher that this thread Should be about. People like you are an embarassment to the disadvantaged minority children she dedicated her life to teach.
I guess you didn't read Obama's comments on the front page of Feb. 28, 2008 Sun-Times? Everytime I'm call any names for tell the truth I will bring the point that I am in good company on what I say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min KiMare 49,823
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 7 hr Be go e 152
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 8 hr GOP 4,027
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 12 hr Politician 1,924
J Sterling Morton High School is cheerleader tr... 13 hr King Neptune 2
Why do Mexicans always have cockroaches? (Apr '13) 15 hr Dragon75 15
Nuns hold prayer vigil outside suburban strip club 16 hr rev Dave 7
•••
•••
•••

Westchester Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Westchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Westchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westchester
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••