New red light cameras installed in East Meadow

Jul 17, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: South Shore Record

Drivers who run a red light at the intersection at Hempstead Turnpike and Merrick Avenue will now be caught on camera by the county's newly installed Red Light Camera.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Aug 20, 2010
cwb

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

i posted a few weeks ago hempstead turnpike is a state road how can nassau county erect and fine drivers on a state road who gets the money. cameras are installed at newbridge and hempstead tpke. both these roads are state roads
Dan

Whitestone, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

The camera in front of walmart took a picture of me making a left at a green light. I was sitting at the red light, I got a green arrow, so I went and the dumb thing took a picture of me. If I get a ticket in the mail for going through a green light, I am going to flip.
Michael

Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Judged:

Instead of putting up these cameras perhaps they should be out patrolling the streets. Gotta wonder how much money the town could make auctioning off the cars of all the illegal street racers that run up and down Charles Lindbergh/Quentin Roosevelt Blvd, and Earle Ovington Blvd.

Really nice to see traffic completely stopped because of these punks. Is it that hard to cross a bridge or race at Riverhead.

To make it even more pathetic they all went to McDonalds across from Hofstra right after.
YeahRight

Yorktown Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Judged:

Have you been to Riverhead? It is tiny, it is more of a go kart track than a "raceway". Yes it is hard to cross the bridge since the tolls are ludicrous and the traffic is horrible. Not to mention you have to race your car far away from home so if it breaks you better have a trailer to carry it back and pay the tolls for those extra axles.

The stuck up rich people wanted Bridgehampton closed, so now you get to deal with it on the streets. The cops can patrol all they want but all it takes is one of the "racers" to run and crash into someone at 140mph and the cops will get blamed for causing it by chasing them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Westbury News Video

•••
•••

Westbury Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Westbury People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Westbury News, Events & Info