Shooting prompts state probe of Don J...

Shooting prompts state probe of Don Juan restaurant

There are 92 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 21, 2008, titled Shooting prompts state probe of Don Juan restaurant. In it, Newsday reports that:

Had cops been notified that a Westbury night club planned to hold a "teen night" Nassau police said they likely would have intensified patrols the night a teenager was fatally shot and three others critically ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Brian

Rescue, VA

#1 Feb 21, 2008
GangBangers
Ginger I Tuss

Stamford, CT

#2 Feb 21, 2008
Oh pooh !! Don't blame the club for these gang punks
with guns. The cops know all about these thug gangs
on Long Island. How about doing something about them?
Parenting 101

Dover, NJ

#4 Feb 21, 2008
While I am not naive and not too far removed from my days of hanging out with friends in High School, this particular quote had me scratching my head:

"The scrutiny comes after police investigating the shooting found patrons as young as 12, a Nassau police spokesman said."

12 years old, huh? And people say that parents are NOT to blame for most of the poor life decisions made by their children.

I know that LI has its share of "white trash", but I would like to go out on a limb and guess the race of these 12 year old "club goers". There is a 50/50 chance I get it correct and the answers are NOT caucasion or asian.

Call me a racist or say I am stereotyping, but you can also call my correct in my hypothesis.

Be a parent.
Parenting 101

Dover, NJ

#5 Feb 21, 2008
Why is the use of the word "trash", with the color "white" in front of it being censored by these mindless a** pirates at Newsday???!!!
alwaysright

Bangkok, Thailand

#6 Feb 21, 2008
Profile and arrest.
Jimbo Dolan

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Feb 21, 2008
Would they have had to add patrols for an all white teen night?
captain america

New York, NY

#9 Feb 21, 2008
send don juan back south of the border! AMERICA is FULL!!!
JOHN WHITE

Seattle, WA

#10 Feb 21, 2008
SHOUDA SHOT EM IN DA HEED
Good Vibrations

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Feb 21, 2008
You can these young "iceholes" out of hell however you can't take the hell out them. They are just pieces of garbage that do not know how to have a good time without adding violence to it.

Give me DICK CLARK, AMERICAN GRAFFTI DAYS BACK ANYTIME. That is when hanging out was fun. Leaving where ever you were that night walking home without a problem.

You want to get rid of this garbage quickly, reinstitute a DRAFT INTO THE MILITARY. AT LEAST YOU WOULD GET RID OF 30 PERCENT OF THIS GARBAGE THAT HAS TAKEN OVER OUR STREETS AND NEIGHBORHOODS. LETS SEE WHAT KIND OF BALLS THEY HAVE THEN??? LETS FIND OUT HOW BAD THEY REALLY ARE. MY GUESS THEY WOULD TURN INTO PUSSYS
Jose

Edison, NJ

#12 Feb 21, 2008
an American wrote:
It took a murder for NCPD to investigate this bar......Boy they are right on top of things.... Too busy collecting their large paychecks!!!!
They'll probably give out free tests to all the latinos on welfare.
there are white gangs too

Stamford, CT

#13 Feb 21, 2008
thegreatone-99 wrote:
Please with this probe of the club, would the Nassau Police get there act together and clean up these hispanic gangs that ruin our neighborhoods were working class people just want a nice safe neighborhood to raise there families in. It's bad enough that Blacks and Hispanic gangs have ruined Westbury, Elmont, Valley Stream, Baldwin, Freeport, West Hempstead. These were all nice places to live a one time
you ruined your own neighborhoods. organized crime existed way before our time and you got a whole bunch of white supremacy groups so shut up with that. you too are gang related
BUD

New York, NY

#14 Feb 21, 2008
the cops are just blaiming the restaurant because they haven't found the killer
DHC

Pleasantville, NY

#15 Feb 21, 2008
The issue of alcohol free parties is key: therefore this story can still occur. I guess you have to be careful anywhere you go.
jackie

AOL

#17 Feb 21, 2008
there are white gangs too wrote:
<quoted text> you ruined your own neighborhoods. organized crime existed way before our time and you got a whole bunch of white supremacy groups so shut up with that. you too are gang related
wow you speak well LOL , sorry to tell you but all those neighborhood's Elmont,ValleyStream,Westbury,F reeportwere all very nice places to live, now they are overun by gangs and violence. The facts are the facts. What's different now compared to then in these area's? You tell me that honestly what has changed?
Harris

AOL

#18 Feb 21, 2008
Now that things are competely out of control at that club, and a Murder had to occur. The Police are finally forced to do a crack down at the club. If they had did this crack down before things got out of control,The Latino community would be crying the Police were racist's for doing any enforecement at the club at all. The Latin gang problem has to be addressed in Nassau,but the Liberal Tom Suozzi, Police Commissionor Mulvey and DA Rice, will not crack down on them. Maybe they will ask them to please, just promise not to do it again, like they did with drug dealers of Hempstead.
frank

AOL

#19 Feb 21, 2008
Ginger I Tuss wrote:
Oh pooh !! Don't blame the club for these gang punks
with guns. The cops know all about these thug gangs
on Long Island. How about doing something about them?
Because if you simply enforce any laws, and in happens to be that if the criminals' are non-whites, then its racist's. just like if you want immigration laws enforced then your a racist's that why.
De Federales

Glen Head, NY

#20 Feb 22, 2008
Senor, we are De Federales, ju know, de mounted police.
If you're the Federales, where are your badges?
Badges? Badges? What badges? We don't have no badges! We don't need no badtges! We don't have to show you no stinkin' badges!
allen

AOL

#21 Feb 22, 2008
De Federales wrote:
Senor, we are De Federales, ju know, de mounted police.
If you're the Federales, where are your badges?
Badges? Badges? What badges? We don't have no badges! We don't need no badtges! We don't have to show you no stinkin' badges!
That sounds like the Democrats immigration plan, no fence and full Amnesty and bring your whole extended family with you,from your home Country. oh yea, like the spanish CNN commentator asked tonight "do you have a problem with America becoming a Biligual Country?"
No it's ok come here illegally and do what ever you want. Didn't President Jimmy Carter changed the immgration laws while in office, because to many people from Europe where coming to America? He closed it down, and all the people from Europe were no longer allowed to come here, because their numbers were to great compared to the others coming here? Do you think they would do that to Latin America now?
Bethpage Resident

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Feb 22, 2008
Close down this congregation hall of gang members. Stop giving them places to plan and act out their next vile act.
paul

AOL

#24 Feb 22, 2008
ICE IN THERE NOW!!!!!!! LETS CRACK DOWN ON ALL THE ILLEGALS WHO MORE THAN LIKELY MAKE UP THE MAJORITY OF THE PLACE.IMMIGRATION LAWS NEED TO BE ENFORCED, LET'S START DOING OUR JOB FOLKS AND GET THIS COUNTRY BACK TO PEOPLE RESPECTING OUR LAWS. MAYBE THEN OUR OWN TEENS WILL BEGIN TO RESPECT OUR LAWS BECAUSE THEY WILL FINALLY SEE OUR POLITICIANS AND THE IDIOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE RESPECTING OUR LAWS. THE KIDS FIGURE WHY SHOULD THEY, THE BIG SHOT POLITICIANS AND PRESIDENT DON'T RESPECT WHAT WE STAND FOR AS FAR AS ENFORCING LAWS OF OUR COUNTRY ON THE BOOKS. THEY AID AND ABET HISPANIC ILLEGALS IN PARTICULAR AND IT IS WAY PAST TIME WE PUT A STOP TO IT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A 'hell on Horton Road' for family of murder vi... (Jul '06) 4 hr Nickyboy4 1,123
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 11 hr Bruser 2,708
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Tue Bruser 8,460
Review: 240 Auto Body Inc (Jan '11) Dec 3 John 25
US Hells angels war on American women and child... (Feb '10) Nov 30 GodofUSAHellsangels 305
Alpha Omega Theta Fraternity (Aug '09) Nov 30 Douglas Sprague 19
News Tankleff half sister rips DA, says Marty's guilty (Jan '08) Nov 27 Released 101

Westbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westbury Mortgages