LI Tar Heels 15u Baseball

LI Tar Heels 15u Baseball

Posted in the Westbury Forum

Baseball Dad

United States

#1 Jul 19, 2010
The Tar Heels played in a 15u tournament in North Branford Ct. this weekend, and WON!!! I have to say as a dad of a 15u team playing in the same tournament, I could not have been more disgusted. I'm not sure which was worse, the coaches or the parents. The coaches complained and fought and tried to intimidate the umpires after just about every call. The parents spoke loudly enough about opposing players in derrogatorry terms for everyone to hear, and also yelled at umpires to the point at least one got thrown out of the park. The impression left, teach our kids to complain and intimidate UNTIL you get what you want. Congrats kids, you won. PLEASE do not learn from your parents and coaches. Coaches and parents, having played other LI teams in the past, you should be ashamed to represent Long Island.
tar heel representative

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#2 Jul 25, 2010
the 15u long island tar heels aren't embarrassed at all. We are the champions we are the ones taking the 3,000 $ cash prize home. Thank for your comments but in the end it doesn't matter what a parent on the losing team thinks.
baseball fan

Broad Brook, CT

#3 Jul 27, 2010
tar heel rep,
I think you just proved his point. Are you the one who was thrown out of his son's game. You should be embarrased.
tarheel rep

Hempstead, NY

#5 Dec 4, 2010
Tar Heel Rep

Lindenhurst, NY

#6 Jan 10, 2011
i love the tar heels

United States

#7 Jun 28, 2011
The kid obviously didn't mean to take out the catcher, he was halfway up the line retreiving the ball when the runner didn't know whether to slide or stand. After the game the home plate umpire even apoligized after tossing him because he knew it was unintentional the kid even shook the catchers hand after the play. Oh and I forgot to mention that everytime it was his turn to bat he would be called out which made a huge difference in the game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Long Island wife Kelly Forbes charged with stra... (Dec '07) 5 hr Connie dooley 83
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 8 hr bruser 2,685
News Nassau GOP backs Mangano for county executive (May '09) 17 hr bernie van zant 19
Who would really wear a little 81 gay sex patch... (Feb '10) 17 hr Widow Maker MAZZI 29
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 22 hr Marie 88
Sammy's Inferno, Gardiner's Ave. off Hempstead ... (Sep '11) Thu Richie jr 5
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Thu bruser 8,386

Westbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westbury Mortgages