Nassau cops accidentally uncover gun ...

Nassau cops accidentally uncover gun deal

There are 55 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 13, 2008, titled Nassau cops accidentally uncover gun deal. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Nassau police officer who was on the lookout for robbery suspects early Wednesday morning happened upon a different crime -- an apparent gun deal in a Westbury parking lot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Run262

Brentwood, NY

#44 Mar 20, 2008
One who knows, did you know an unloaded handgun in the street is only a misdemeanor charge? Your story stinks.
Run262

Brentwood, NY

#45 Mar 20, 2008
Some who knows, etc.
CSR

Hollis, NY

#46 Mar 20, 2008
Omg.
The writter put in there adderess.
I feel for the family and children.
God forbid something happens.
Shame on News day
Some Who Knows

Hollis, NY

#47 Mar 20, 2008
Run262 wrote:
One who knows, did you know an unloaded handgun in the street is only a misdemeanor charge? Your story stinks.
What do you mean by stinks?
Someone Who Knows

Hollis, NY

#48 Mar 20, 2008
happy?
JustMe

Westbury, NY

#49 Mar 21, 2008
Some Who Knows wrote:
OK let me tell you the real story
Mark is a white man age 49.
Has a company in NYC.
Was drinking alittle ..maybe a little to much.
Freaked when he saw cops turn around. Pulled into a parking lot and got out of the car. Once again he was drinking. So he was not smart enough to turn the car off and ditch the keys. For that he is a dumb butt!!
He was coming home from a family party.
The guns are only illegal because they r family an teaks.
What r you supposed to do? walk into a police Dept. and say I have 4 guns I got from my grandfather how do I register them??? come on. The guns don't even work??? They r nice story's about the German war. It wasn't a Rug er it was a German Luger may be same thing? Don't know much about guns.
FYI. Mark said no to the search. They said they had prop able cause. Because of the conflict story's. And they used the story about robbery because.... When in the Hell are they not looking for a robbery Suspects?
ITS NY!!
There's there prop-able cause?
And I love how News Day Keeps changing the headline Everyday!!!!!!!!
The Guns were not being sold BY NO MEANS!!!
This shows you can not always believe what you read !!!!
Not saying Mark was not stupid for what he did ,he was. He should have left them at the family's house till a better time to move them back home.
And for all you people that want to hang him.
Trust me he is scared to death right now in jail with no bail... so be happy I guess,but I'm not.
He has 4 young children flipping out and 2 mothers that are beside themselves. And don't know how to feed there children. Mark is the sole supporter of Allot of People. From his family to his employers.
That all love him dearly!!!
He is paying for what he did. but no bail? No time to help his families figure things out!! Let him out for 5 days or so. Then lock him up , Make him pick up trash on the Highways. We have enough of it !!! But let the Man work !!!
Oh so he was drinking and driving and has a wife and childen. Yes he is stupid, very stupid. He could have killed someone while driving including himself -- I think all people who drink and drive should be locked up anyway. NO EXCUSE
Someone Who Knows

Hollis, NY

#50 Mar 21, 2008
He needs help!!!!! Rehab .. Not jail!!!!
And to send a man like him to jail, for a little while Has been a HUGE wake up call!!!
Now.. next step..Help !!!!
And from a fellow North Shore Resident.You and I know if you believe what you just said 90% of the Gold Coast would be in jail!!!! Including someone you love !!!!
So have some compassion.I would for you.
We all make mistakes.
But he is a Loving Man. And gives his heart and money to allot of people.
So. I pray the Judge has the compassion to get him help and have him give back to our community by doing work for them. And I don't mean a buy out !! WORK!
Yes, you r right. NO EXCUSE!! but harsh.
Someone Who Knows

Hollis, NY

#51 Mar 21, 2008
Also I never did ask him if he was the one driving. I did assume that he was driving his own car ..... but if he was, why did they not charge him with DWI then too. Maybe the other guy was driving. And they let him go because he was not drunk.
But I do know 2 things. I was not by no means a gun sale!! and I do know Mark has a drinking problem. FYI
luckydude

Hollis, NY

#52 Mar 21, 2008
JustMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so he was drinking and driving and has a wife and childen. Yes he is stupid, very stupid. He could have killed someone while driving including himself -- I think all people who drink and drive should be locked up anyway. NO EXCUSE
SO IMPEACH OUR PRESIDENT THEN!!!!!
He has a DWI and was a Coke head !!!!
And he's our President.
JustMe

Westbury, NY

#53 Mar 21, 2008
luckydude wrote:
<quoted text>
SO IMPEACH OUR PRESIDENT THEN!!!!!
He has a DWI and was a Coke head !!!!
And he's our President.
And what's your point -- WAS and IS are two different adverbs last I learned and the President is not endangering lives by driving drunk. He has chauffers and last I heard he was a reformed alcoholic. Too many innocent people, especially children, killed by drunk drivers.
luckydude

Hollis, NY

#54 Mar 21, 2008
There IS always before there WAS.
Thats my point.
But i do agree he should punished.
Did the President spend any jail time?
real-man

Butler, NJ

#56 Dec 19, 2008
Someone Who Knows wrote:
But he is a Loving Man. And gives his heart and money to allot of people.
So. I pray the Judge has the compassion to get him help and have him give back to our community by doing work for them. And I don't mean a buy out !! WORK!
Yes, you r right. NO EXCUSE!! but harsh.
someone who knows - You seem to be Mark's buddy. Do you know Mark and his buddies have not paid the employees for the work they performed and have defrauded hard working people for a million plus dollars ?

so much so for this compassionate man !!
Someone who knows

Palm Coast, FL

#57 Feb 28, 2010
Blame it on Ray. Mark was fighting for control of CSS in court prior to this incident. After Mark was put away he lost total control.
Ray found his retirement plan.
Now we all see what he could do,
bankrupt a company.
Truth

Kloten, Switzerland

#58 Sep 3, 2012
street justice wrote:
<quoted text>5 8hour days or 3 12 hour days all adds up to the same hours at the end of the year

Actually, it may add up to less. If an officer works an average of .x hours of Over Time at the end of each shift due to paperwork, etc... Fewer shifts equals less overtime (in theory)
Bobwire

Lynbrook, NY

#59 Sep 3, 2012
ricky wrote:
Oh, I get it. You're saying if the state makes it real easy to get a gun, then these nice fellows would not be forced to drive them around in their car illegally. Think about this. While you may be a trustworthy individual, who has respect for guns, there's many more nit-wits out there who'd love to have one. Ever drive on the parkway? You want those people to own guns?<quoted text>
Stop using OBAMAs name[nit-wit].

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 37 min Bruser 8,290
Associated Food Store on Tulip Ave. (Jan '15) Sun RoseS 7
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Sun Bruser 2,637
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Franklin Square (Jun '15) Jun 24 Prettysmile 25
Job Seeking in Massapequa Jun 17 DanZMuk065 1
Old Freeport Hospital (Oct '14) Jun 16 Freeport historical 4
News Tankleff half sister rips DA, says Marty's guilty (Jan '08) Feb '16 sawyer 100
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westbury Mortgages