Mass. teacher resigns after showing r...

Mass. teacher resigns after showing racy video

There are 3 comments on the Cw56.com story from Jun 22, 2011, titled Mass. teacher resigns after showing racy video. In it, Cw56.com reports that:

A middle school teacher in Westborough has resigned after showing a class a sexually suggestive video by the rapper Eminem.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cw56.com.

Jessica White

Worcester, MA

#1 Jun 22, 2011
Shame on the parent that reported directly t the police. Why not talk to the teacher first? Shame on the superintendent who did not step forward and support her teacher; typical of Marianne O'Connor!
Kids today are exposed to more than what the teacher had the students view. I am not at all saying these videos are appropriate...but it was part of a lesson and the teacher was trying to bring out points pertaining to the videos.
This parent should be so embarassed...you should state your name...but too embarassed to do so...
SHAME ON YOU>>>>
I read a comment that this parent must be the typical parent to immediately go to the police...
a real complainer....
this is definitely true...SHAME ON YOU!!!!
Your child must be embarassed and she will be looked upon as her father being a troublemaker and had a teacher resign because of HIS bad choice...
SHAME ON YOU AGAIN>>>>
The teacher did nothing wrong!!!!!!
Tom Hamilton

Belmont, MA

#2 Jul 4, 2011
I think that every teacher in Westborough is sickened by this. Problem is, they are not likely to officially protest because they fear retribution. This is where parents come in. Since every parent (save for a couple) is probably also sickened by this, or should be, you need to email the Chief, the Superintendent, the School Committee, and the Selectmen to ASK that these polices be reviewed and changed to prevent the same thing from happening again. That's all. Just ASK. The teachers deserve it.
PCisBS

Rockville, MD

#3 Jul 11, 2011
Seems kind of harsh, especially since the kids probably see WAY worse on their PCs and smart phones on a daily basis. The helicopter parents that contacted the police should have had the balls to confront the teacher first. That's what I would have done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Review This: Carbone's Restaurant (Jul '12) May 18 GeorgeF 2
News Jean P. Hall, 87, of Westborough May 1 Coleman House Team 1
Poll Is my ex son in law off limits sexually? EX. (Feb '11) Mar '18 JustaDude 186
sexless marriage advice (Jan '12) Mar '18 JustaDude 112
News Ted Nugent Suggests He's Ready For Armed Revolt... (Jan '13) Mar '18 tednugent4potus2020 34
The Negro OfAmerica Is THE TRUE DECENDANTS of H... (Apr '12) Feb '18 Anonymous 30
News Drug Charges Follow ATF Raid (Sep '12) Jan '18 Tameeka n Carl 10

Westborough Jobs

Personal Finance

Westborough Mortgages