Local Bar Owner Supports Dwi

Posted in the Westboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TarkioMom

Tarkio, MO

#1 Aug 14, 2010
Last night I was on the corner of 4th and main with sone friends when I saw a tarkio police officer and a state trooper go into the bar and bring out a female from the bar. The bar owner showed up mad and started pointing at the tarkio police officer. She was saying this ain't right and was telling the police officer he needed to quit harassing her clients. She was also telling the officer he had arrested to many dwi and she was loosing business and was gonna file a complaint. How is this right? Because someone does something for this town they think there above the law? If a drunk driver hit one of my kids leaving the bar I would file a lawsuit on the owner and shower her she is not gonna get away from this.
A Citizen

Tarkio, MO

#2 Aug 14, 2010
Not every person that is in the bar is a drunk driver! The Tarkio police dept. has been harassing the bar patrons for some time now. Now I do not support people who drive drunk and sure she doesnt either. But just because you are in the bar and leave it doesnt give the police the right to stop you! Maybe the cops should spend more time putting a stop to the under age drinking that is even going on in their presence than trying to entrap people leaving the bar. Now if they happen to see someone who cant walk straight or is not driving properly then by all means they should stop them, but this inst what they are up too. The behavior of the police department lately has been very questionable. Not only is there alot of favoritism being done but people who do complain are being retaliated against. So before you start running down the bar owner maybe you should find out the entire story. There is alot more to what is going on in this department and hopefully someone will get to the bottom of it and clean it up before something bad happens. They are a lawsuit looking to happen.
TarkioMom

Tarkio, MO

#3 Aug 14, 2010
Can u explain how this lawsuit is gonna work? And I am proud of are police department because there doing there job. People need to be more responsible. The bar owner last night was mad because her clients are getting dwi. She wants are police department to start letting them go. I know Tyson will not let that happen. Since he has been here alot more has been done and people are just mad because are cops are actually doing there jobs. So I would like to see how a lawsuit is gonna work for cops doing there jobs..
Rockport soldier

Tarkio, MO

#4 Aug 14, 2010
The only lawsuit possible is on the bar owner. If someone leaves her bar and they are intoxicated and kill a family then she is reliable for that person that left the bar. I know a tarkio board member and they have informed me in on the situation. Tyson and the new officer do there jobs very well and people are getting mad because of it.. If the owner keeps complaining on the police department and nothing is being done it is probably because THERE DO NOTHING WRONG.
Truth always comes out

Tarkio, MO

#5 Aug 14, 2010
You think they do their job well huh? How about you ask what really happened not long ago when a young girl almost died of alcohol poisoning in their presence? They are good alright... at cover ups! Small town though and the truth will come out.
Tarkio2008

Tarkio, MO

#6 Aug 15, 2010
Yea that was my best friend that had alcohol poisoning and Lopez saved her.. But u didn't hear the part where he gave all the minors there MIPs... So what was covered up about this situation?
wow

Warrensburg, MO

#7 Aug 15, 2010
Some of the things that are going around. That young teenaged girl got in trouble... If it wasnt for Wesley Lopez that young teenaged girl probably would of ended up dying. He did not cover up for anything he did his job and my personal thought is that Officer Lopez does take his job very seriously and he is great at what he does and do you actually mean Small Towns the lies will come out? Because thats all Tarkio consists of are lies! I am sure that you have heard many things but I bet majority of what you hear is actually a lie.
way to wet

Rock Port, MO

#8 Aug 16, 2010
What ??? Am I reading this post right ? The police are just randomly going into the bar/bars in Tarkio and arresting people for DWI ? Is this even legal ? What if the person called and someone was coming to pick them up cuz they knew they had too much to drive and were being responsible about it...
The best thing to do if you want to drink is go to town SOBER buy your alcohol and go home and drink it by yourself and stay put do not go out for more.
The day's are gone when you could stop by the local bar and have a few beers and go home without being pulled over.
I feel sorry for ALL the bar owners it has to be a tough business right now.

Beth BC

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#9 Aug 16, 2010
TarkioMom wrote:
Last night I was on the corner of 4th and main with sone friends when I saw a tarkio police officer and a state trooper go into the bar and bring out a female from the bar.
Where they called? Did they have a warrant? If no to both I could see an attorney working well for this woman. If I were to come swerving down the road and pull into a bar and the law show up 5 minutes later to arrest me for DWI they would have to prove their case. Impossible if they did not catch me in the act or can not prove what I had consumed after entering the bar. In the situation I present I would file suit not only against the officers employers but the officers invovled as well. It would be interesting to see the video and hear the audio of this. If it goes to court it will be publicly available too.
WHAT

Tarkio, MO

#10 Aug 16, 2010
Way to wet and Beefcurtains, way off. They went into the bar to arrest someone for an earlier assault. Talk about twisting something around and taking fact and turning it to fiction.
Just saying

Tarkio, MO

#11 Aug 16, 2010
wow wrote:
Some of the things that are going around. That young teenaged girl got in trouble... If it wasnt for Wesley Lopez that young teenaged girl probably would of ended up dying. He did not cover up for anything he did his job and my personal thought is that Officer Lopez does take his job very seriously and he is great at what he does and do you actually mean Small Towns the lies will come out? Because thats all Tarkio consists of are lies! I am sure that you have heard many things but I bet majority of what you hear is actually a lie.
I am sure the officer did save the girls life. But he wouldnt have even been the one to find her if he hadnt have also been at the party! He wasnt the only officer at this party. Of course you left that part of the story out didnt you? Hmmm
Tarkio2008

Tarkio, MO

#12 Aug 16, 2010
Yea to bad the officer was there for the cook out and left after the cook out. People need to get the story right. This down is just full of rumors..
Bigdrunk

Tarkio, MO

#13 Aug 16, 2010
Beth beefcurtains is an idiot. No one has gone in the bar and been arrested for dwi. A trooper and Lopez were chasing someone for a fight that happend at the bank and she ran into the bar. A bar is a public establishment.. People like you just feed and add rumors in this town... This town is just a big rumor.
hey Bigdrunk

Rock Port, MO

#14 Aug 16, 2010
I was arrested IN a bar once for DWI so don't say it can't happen.
Pulled to the curb, stepped on what I thought was the brake and shot through the front door about a foot....got high centered or I'd have gotten away, the bar was closed at the time.

I wish they'd leave us alone, I personally enjoy a couple of six packs before I get behind the wheel, it makes me a better driver.

Beth BC

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#15 Aug 16, 2010
WHAT wrote:
Way to wet and Beefcurtains, way off. They went into the bar to arrest someone for an earlier assault. Talk about twisting something around and taking fact and turning it to fiction.
I twisted nothing around. I responded to the original post and posed an example. If other crimes were committed and the individual was found later at the bar it is an entirely different situation than what was originally posted. Perhaps if others could learn to read and comprehend the posts they are critiquing they would not need to have responses explained to them. I even posted the quote I was responding to and some still don't understand. I can see where this could be a problem for citizens of Tarkio.
obvious

Tarkio, MO

#16 Aug 16, 2010
TarkioMom wrote:
Last night I was on the corner of 4th and main with sone friends when I saw a tarkio police officer and a state trooper go into the bar and bring out a female from the bar. The bar owner showed up mad and started pointing at the tarkio police officer. She was saying this ain't right and was telling the police officer he needed to quit harassing her clients. She was also telling the officer he had arrested to many dwi and she was loosing business and was gonna file a complaint. How is this right? Because someone does something for this town they think there above the law? If a drunk driver hit one of my kids leaving the bar I would file a lawsuit on the owner and shower her she is not gonna get away from this.
From all the info you randomly have about the conversation between the bar owner and the officer I would guess one of two things. Either you were standing right in the middle of the two when they were talking or this is officer lopez writting under a different name. Either way who cares.
obvious

Tarkio, MO

#17 Aug 16, 2010
TarkioMom wrote:
Can u explain how this lawsuit is gonna work? And I am proud of are police department because there doing there job. People need to be more responsible. The bar owner last night was mad because her clients are getting dwi. She wants are police department to start letting them go. I know Tyson will not let that happen. Since he has been here alot more has been done and people are just mad because are cops are actually doing there jobs. So I would like to see how a lawsuit is gonna work for cops doing there jobs..
If you really want to know some facts here are someto go along with this your 2 posts on this topic
1. It is not are it is our- meaning our town
2. It is not there it is their - meaning "their business"
3. Loosing is not even a word. I think you were looking for losing - like you might write the sentence "I have not been able to spell and use these words correctly due to LOSING my dictionary"
Just saying

Tarkio, MO

#18 Aug 16, 2010
Thats my guess too!
TarkioMom

Tarkio, MO

#19 Aug 16, 2010
From all the info you randomly have about the conversation between the bar owner and the officer I would guess one of two things. Either you were standing right in the middle of the two when they were talking or this is officer lopez writting under a different name. Either way who cares.

Or I could have been setting on the steps of the insurance place and 4th and main watching the two argue.. Did u think about that? There were only 20 of us out there..
OKAY

Warrensburg, MO

#20 Aug 17, 2010
Were you setting or sitting?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elam mayor 2017 Apr 26 Really 5
Rockport Sucks (Jun '12) Apr 21 Dag Nab It 18
Shame, shame Apr 17 My My 1
go Apr 14 Vote for Elam 1
Curtis Elam for mayor 2017 Apr 14 Vote for Elam 1
Parenting Feb '16 tremont 3
River Rock Lanes Feb '16 tremont 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westboro Mortgages