Mt. Markham Elementary Principal

Posted in the West Winfield Forum

Concerned Citizen

Albany, NY

#1 Mar 24, 2010
Question how does a dean of students/AD get hired as a elementary principal. The man has no experience as a teacher. He is a gym owner. How does this happen someone please tell me.
hello

Chagrin Falls, OH

#2 Apr 3, 2010
read the west winfield star. The Athletic Director/Dean of Students position is one of the staff cuts that are proposed in the new budget. Why let one of your friends got when you can just place them in a position that is opening up. Typical Mt. Markham politics
concerned citizen

Red Hook, NY

#3 Jan 25, 2012
I am evenue more concern with this as I hear he is using force one young students one several different occasions. These incidents keep getting swept under the rug. Really sad!
In Da Know

Ilion, NY

#4 Feb 3, 2012
He grabbed a special needs child and dragged him down the lenth of the hallway to his office. Is currently suspended pending a State Police investigation. Several of the teachers reported him, as they are required to do by state law.

He reportedly went ballistic with the teachers and threatened to cause big problems with them.
ToTellTheTruth

Fulton, NY

#5 Mar 10, 2012
He is a maniac! he has attacked MANY kids during his reign over the students. I wish people would come forward with the truth. While Jim LaFountain was at the high School, he was an abusive scum bag and a pervert to the little high school girls. I hope he gets what's coming to him. I have been waiting for Karma to slap the shit out of him for YEARS!
farmer

New York, NY

#6 Mar 29, 2012
I heard he already has a new job at BOCES. They will find a place to hide him. Shameful!!
old but not dead

Ilion, NY

#7 Apr 4, 2012
The entire school system is all about lies and who you know .They cover many instances up depending on who you are.Most of the positions they told the community the were eliminating were brought back just under a new job title.They gave a senior custodion a new title and 13,000 more in salary I heard. In these difficult economic times why would you do that ? As for Lafountain, he was a worthless athletic director but buddies with the board and superintendent so of course he got the job!The school system is about politics and money not the kids except fot the few rare good teachers that really do care.
why

Syracuse, NY

#8 Aug 18, 2012
Paper says future with the school unsure, they could not really think about bringing him back ?
That would be a black eye for the whole school system.
idiots

Herkimer, NY

#9 Sep 2, 2012
Tell our board members how you feel when you vote next time. If what I read on here is true vote them out. I hate all this good ole boy BS
Really

Herkimer, NY

#10 Sep 25, 2012
Paper says he never got the training he needed. How do you get to the position of principal without training on how to handle an elementary student ? Ole boys club, a bully is a bully. Toss him!!
why

Herkimer, NY

#11 Sep 26, 2012
At the board meeting he could not answer questions on the advice of his lawyer, an innocent man speaks for himself. How about thinking about our children and not how much the litigation may cost. The former board member is right this should have been settled months ago, fire him !!! Let him pay lawyers to get his job back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 19 min SKYWALKER 12,080
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Brian_G 50,175
Katy Perry shows off her amazing body in plungi... (Jul '14) 45 min TheAfroHedgehog 2
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 307,719
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr Analog man 9,677
Why Do Countrie's Need President's 3 hr The Phanton Hell ... 3
Topless women weekend 4 hr Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
West Winfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Winfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News