Mount Markham principal on leave after allegedly using excessive force on 3rd grader

Feb 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WSTM-TV Syracuse

Read more: Local , Crime , Mount Markham Elementary School , West Winfield , Principal , Principal on Administrative Leave , Excessive Physical Force , Restrainingthird Grade Student , James Lafountain WEST WINFIELD -- The principal ofA Mount Markham Elementary School A is on administrative leave amid allegations he used excessive physical force ... (more)

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Mar 12, 2012
valley resident

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

I feel bad for this man. he was doing his job the way he should have. this child has been trouble since he got into school. it sounds like the parents are the same. there kids are taugh that they can do anything they want and you can not do anything to stop them. please the people of west winfield school district do every thing you can to keep this man. i do not know him but this whole matter was not right.
Anonymous

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Another kid who parents didn't believe in spanking and now they have an produced an azzhole of a child...still blaming someone else...Probably never took responsibility for themselves when they were young either...I think we need a teachers bill of rights here in New York just like in Louisianian and lets face it...every state...we need to empower teachers not blame them...they are like corrections officers without the protections...some kids need a swift kick if they don't get it at home maybe they should get it in the principles office...
My Two Cents

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Wow! How times have changed. When I was a kid if I got sent to the principals office and went home to tell my parents the first words out of their mouth was "what did you do - you must have done something wrong" they would never have come to school to defend me!! Parents today come to the defense of their kids and the kid doesn't learn any life lessons and don't take responsiblity for anything. Teachers need our support - they have a tought job and get blamed for everything!!
ToTellTheTruth

Fulton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2012

Judged:

James LaFountain is a piece of shit! And if people would stop covering shit up, you'd find out that he has done these kinds of things many times before to MANY people's kids. That whole school district is corrupt!
parent

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Update??
Wake Up

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

Yes the teachers did not like him probably wanted them to work. Unfortyntaly the bloated Union and Tenure they turned him in.
old but not dead

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

ToTellTheTruth wrote:
James LaFountain is a piece of shit! And if people would stop covering shit up, you'd find out that he has done these kinds of things many times before to MANY people's kids. That whole school district is corrupt!
I agree! I used to work at that school and yes it isnt the first time hes done it and that whole system is seriously messed up.Its all about politics,money, and whos kissing whos ass.They cry about the budget and then bring back people that they laid off under a new title and create new positions!They need to get rid of the so called board members that dont do their jobs

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent West Winfield Discussions

Search the West Winfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 min NYStateOfMind 305,988
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min Eric 68,423
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 35 min ritedownthemiddle 45,854
thankyou 1 hr The Real Jimmy Crack Corn 2
Review: Erik's Barbershop 1 hr Terry 2
Savages downplayed in the media (Feb '10) 1 hr BROOKLYN SAVAGE 6,160
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr Mrs Manicotti 14,395
•••
•••
•••
•••

West Winfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••