Fast Eddie

Summerville, SC

#34852 Jul 8, 2012
What a shame it was that Jon Niese had to suffer through such a horrible first inning today: the Cubs got four runs on five hits in that frame, but only two of the hits were anything a major leaguer could be proud of; the other three were simply ordinary ground balls that managed to find a hole in the infield defense. After that unfortunate frame, Niese was absolutely dominant, finishing five innings on only 58 pitches, which is terrific.

Then it all fell apart in the seventh inning, in which two more bouncing balls managed to avoid being turned into outs, followed by Starlin Castro's rocket-like homer to left. One bad pitch that resulted in three runs. The baseball gods were very unkind to Jon Niese today.

I think today's game was one of those 50 games that Jerry Grote says the Mets were predestined to lose this season. At least I hope so. I have never seen a pitcher look so good while giving up seven earned runs.

Veloz
tango

Phoenix, AZ

#34853 Jul 8, 2012
TMAN_Mets wrote:
game just started and already making me sick to my stomach. Not the way you want to head off at the break to. Hope the Rays, Jays, O's an Sox all at least take care of their business today
HAHAHA.....last place Cubs shut out and thrash the lowly muts.....gonna be a long summer in flushing momma moron....ROTFLMFAO
tango

Phoenix, AZ

#34854 Jul 8, 2012
momma chamberlan wrote:
Mets are back. I have been telling everyone Jbay is going to go back to the softball league. I have been hard at work with Sandy on bringing up some kids and on the phone trying to bring one of the greatest relievers home, Krod.
Sandy has me set up in a great suite at the all star game and I will fill in this forum with updates.
Muts are back? how stupid of you to say ya dumbass moron.....The Cubs pounded the muts and Neise today.....gonna be a long summer for you azzhole.....enjoy....LMFAO

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#34855 Jul 8, 2012
Fast Eddie wrote:
What a shame it was that Jon Niese had to suffer through such a horrible first inning today: the Cubs got four runs on five hits in that frame, but only two of the hits were anything a major leaguer could be proud of; the other three were simply ordinary ground balls that managed to find a hole in the infield defense. After that unfortunate frame, Niese was absolutely dominant, finishing five innings on only 58 pitches, which is terrific.
Then it all fell apart in the seventh inning, in which two more bouncing balls managed to avoid being turned into outs, followed by Starlin Castro's rocket-like homer to left. One bad pitch that resulted in three runs. The baseball gods were very unkind to Jon Niese today.
I think today's game was one of those 50 games that Jerry Grote says the Mets were predestined to lose this season. At least I hope so. I have never seen a pitcher look so good while giving up seven earned runs.
Veloz
and what about the offense? Cant manage to score 1 freakin run. Its getting to be a tiring act with 1 nite lookin like world beaters to today being a total disgrace. And im sick and tired of it.
tango

Phoenix, AZ

#34856 Jul 8, 2012
TMAN_Mets wrote:
<quoted text>and what about the offense? Cant manage to score 1 freakin run. Its getting to be a tiring act with 1 nite lookin like world beaters to today being a total disgrace. And im sick and tired of it.
Ah the quitter momma is coming in loud and clear once again you azzwipe......you are a frontrunner fool.....only a mut fan when they win you bitter hack ya......

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Port Saint Lucie, Florida

#34857 Jul 8, 2012
TMAN_Mets wrote:
game just started and already making me sick to my stomach. Not the way you want to head off at the break to. Hope the Rays, Jays, O's an Sox all at least take care of their business today


mets lose 2 of 3 to a last place team...its all you have left, to cheer on american league rivals of the yanks...pathetic.

and go back in your momma profile you fat coward.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Port Saint Lucie, Florida

#34858 Jul 8, 2012
TMAN_Mets wrote:
<quoted text>and what about the offense? Cant manage to score 1 freakin run. Its getting to be a tiring act with 1 nite lookin like world beaters to today being a total disgrace. And im sick and tired of it.


hi momma! enjoy it...2 of 3 to a last place team...but hey, your hero, jbay is coming back soon..many a post in the yank forum how good he is...
tango

Phoenix, AZ

#34859 Jul 8, 2012
TMAN_Mets wrote:
Mets up 3-0 and every starting member today is homegrown. Just a great time to be a Mets fan
Yup......more lies as usual......today you are a bitter fake mut fan......cause they lost 7-0 to the last place Cubs again.....you frontrunner fool

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#34860 Jul 8, 2012
its been a sickening disastar 1st half season of baseball. the good is the Philthies suck and will suck for the next several years as will the filthy cesspool team in the bronx in the 2nd half. The bad is the NL is very compiteve and its going to be hard to make the playoffs. at least the next NY team to win a WS will be the Mets.

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#34861 Jul 8, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
hi momma! enjoy it...2 of 3 to a last place team...but hey, your hero, jbay is coming back soon..many a post in the yank forum how good he is...
get back to your cesspool forum and stay there. You contribute nothing to this forum. or any forum for that matter. Wimp! LMAO!
tango

Phoenix, AZ

#34863 Jul 8, 2012
TMAN_Mets wrote:
its been a sickening disastar 1st half season of baseball. the good is the Philthies suck and will suck for the next several years as will the filthy cesspool team in the bronx in the 2nd half. The bad is the NL is very compiteve and its going to be hard to make the playoffs. at least the next NY team to win a WS will be the Mets.
Yanks have the best record in baseball at the all-star break taking 3 outta 4 from the sox and 5 outta 6 overall......Yanks have a good shot at winning #28 this October.....the Yanks won the last 5 and 7 outta the last 8 world championships of NYC teams......the pathetic muts haven't won shit since 1986 that's 26 years ago....with at least another 26 years before the muts next title.......how funny is that moron momma? LMFAO
Fast Eddie

Summerville, SC

#34864 Jul 9, 2012
A few points worth mentioning: 1- a 46-40 record is better than most of us would have expected for the Mets at the All-star break; 2- despite being shut out yesterday, the Mets' lineup had a few bright moments, e g., three hits from Dan Murphy, a triple by Scott Hairston, some well hit balls by Jordany Valdespin, who looked surprisingly good in CF.

This year's Mets team is seriously flawed (not enough RH power, a bullpen that looks alternately effective and incompetent), so we fans cannot realistically expect them to make the postseason. The only way to avoid depression is for fans to forget about catching the Nats (we won't) and concentrate on finishing above .500, which is very possible.

No matter what the fan base may desire, this year's Mets team is in a rebuilding mode. I have faith that Sandy will not repeat the mistakes that our GMs have made in the past: trading prospects for big-name hole-pluggers who are on the decline, career-wise.

Bottom Line: raising one's expectations too high tends to lead to big disappointment in then end. Let's all take a deep breath and enjoy the ride.

Veloz

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#34865 Jul 9, 2012
would have loved to see Duda in tonites HR derby. He hits em as far as anyone today. Cant wait till next year when all these festivtys are here in the BIG CITI
tango

Phoenix, AZ

#34866 Jul 9, 2012
TMAN_Mets wrote:
would have loved to see Duda in tonites HR derby. He hits em as far as anyone today. Cant wait till next year when all these festivtys are here in the BIG CITI
Festivtys? LMFAO....hey momma the dope, try festivities you friggin idiot......LMFAO

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#34867 Jul 10, 2012
Hope you all are pulling for the NL tonite. Give us games 6 and 7 of the world series in the BIG CITI. last few priveos champs were STL and SF so dont give up hope that the Mets cant pull it off this year. im getting on a plane in 20 minutes and will be in KC by 6pm

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#34868 Jul 10, 2012
TMAN_Mets wrote:
Hope you all are pulling for the NL tonite. Give us games 6 and 7 of the world series in the BIG CITI. last few priveos champs were STL and SF so dont give up hope that the Mets cant pull it off this year. im getting on a plane in 20 minutes and will be in KC by 6pm
priveos..........LMAO

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#34869 Jul 10, 2012
Fast Eddie wrote:
A few points worth mentioning: 1- a 46-40 record is better than most of us would have expected for the Mets at the All-star break; 2- despite being shut out yesterday, the Mets' lineup had a few bright moments, e g., three hits from Dan Murphy, a triple by Scott Hairston, some well hit balls by Jordany Valdespin, who looked surprisingly good in CF.
This year's Mets team is seriously flawed (not enough RH power, a bullpen that looks alternately effective and incompetent), so we fans cannot realistically expect them to make the postseason. The only way to avoid depression is for fans to forget about catching the Nats (we won't) and concentrate on finishing above .500, which is very possible.
No matter what the fan base may desire, this year's Mets team is in a rebuilding mode. I have faith that Sandy will not repeat the mistakes that our GMs have made in the past: trading prospects for big-name hole-pluggers who are on the decline, career-wise.
Bottom Line: raising one's expectations too high tends to lead to big disappointment in then end. Let's all take a deep breath and enjoy the ride.
Veloz
Good post

The only thing I would bring up is, over the past few years, the mets haven't played well in the 2nd half of the seasons. These guys have been playing over their heads, mostly due to excellent starting pitching. I hope, for mets fans sake, they continue to do so.
tango

Phoenix, AZ

#34870 Jul 10, 2012
TMAN_Mets wrote:
Hope you all are pulling for the NL tonite. Give us games 6 and 7 of the world series in the BIG CITI. last few priveos champs were STL and SF so dont give up hope that the Mets cant pull it off this year. im getting on a plane in 20 minutes and will be in KC by 6pm
The muts in the playoffs?....after last week you quit on them again momma? keep smoking that crack you drug infested moron.....LMFAO

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#34871 Jul 10, 2012
TMAN_Mets wrote:
Hope you all are pulling for the NL tonite. Give us games 6 and 7 of the world series in the BIG CITI. last few priveos champs were STL and SF so dont give up hope that the Mets cant pull it off this year. im getting on a plane in 20 minutes and will be in KC by 6pm
Only the retodd would say he's going to the game, and then post on the Yanks forum during the game. LOL......such a moron
displaced Mets fan

Moultrie, GA

#34872 Jul 12, 2012
Fast Eddie wrote:
A few points worth mentioning: 1- a 46-40 record is better than most of us would have expected for the Mets at the All-star break; 2- despite being shut out yesterday, the Mets' lineup had a few bright moments, e g., three hits from Dan Murphy, a triple by Scott Hairston, some well hit balls by Jordany Valdespin, who looked surprisingly good in CF.
This year's Mets team is seriously flawed (not enough RH power, a bullpen that looks alternately effective and incompetent), so we fans cannot realistically expect them to make the postseason. The only way to avoid depression is for fans to forget about catching the Nats (we won't) and concentrate on finishing above .500, which is very possible.
No matter what the fan base may desire, this year's Mets team is in a rebuilding mode. I have faith that Sandy will not repeat the mistakes that our GMs have made in the past: trading prospects for big-name hole-pluggers who are on the decline, career-wise.
Bottom Line: raising one's expectations too high tends to lead to big disappointment in then end. Let's all take a deep breath and enjoy the ride.
Veloz
Could not have said it better myself Eddie. Good post. Let Sandy continue to follow his plan and not a pipe dream. Within 2 years, the Mets will dominate. If they make the wild card, great. If not, they gave me more than enough to be happy about. The future looks bright.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 29 min Reality Check 335,649
News Bruised tot found dead in apartment :0 31 min Nadina 2
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 33 min Quirky 313,661
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 35 min SirLiesAlot 2,938
Gay Teens NYC (Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn) (Jun '16) 1 hr What 160
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 63,568
TRUMP - Just Somebody that We Used to Know ! 2 hr Paris in Kentucky... 1

West Winfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Winfield Mortgages