Comments
5,081 - 5,100 of 10,343 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago
Conf I Fan

Bellmore, NY

#5602 Jan 30, 2013
nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> yeah he is a great qb that capobiamco kid gonna break all the lifetime li records also. Those 5 coaches from conference 1 I heard all voted for Lawrence for the cup also- I thought it was strange they did not vote for farmingdale of con 1.
Why would you think that strange? Those guys are straight up individuals. They had to respect the undefeated season of Lawrence.
driver7789

Sayville, NY

#5603 Jan 31, 2013
When are the suffolk seeding meetings?
SCFB

Medford, NY

#5605 Jan 31, 2013
driver7789 wrote:
When are the suffolk seeding meetings?
Last week in February I believe. No changes to Divisional placements except for the 2 teams in D1 moving down into D2 because because of the 12-team rotation is in D1 this season. Probably CI and either Bay Shore or HHH East. Unless the HHHills School District consolidates into one HS program, then they would obviously be one of the largest. Wouldn't that be interesting.
bayshore

Farmingdale, NY

#5606 Feb 1, 2013
Better check your facts coach blades is the hc at bayshore. What is the story in amityville, taylor out?
SCFB

Hicksville, NY

#5607 Feb 1, 2013
I also heard that Blatter was going to Bayshore, but conflicting reports about Giattino and what capacity Blatter would serve (HC or DC???).
Owls

Lynbrook, NY

#5610 Feb 3, 2013
Is it true that nhp drops to conf 3 ss to conf2. Ns and cp/why to conf 4
outsider

United States

#5612 Feb 4, 2013
Owls wrote:
Is it true that nhp drops to conf 3 ss to conf2. Ns and cp/why to conf 4
thats correct owl
Molinet Knows

Jersey City, NJ

#5613 Feb 4, 2013
Mike Quick wrote:
Looks like the CHSFL is doing away with Class AAA, AA & A. They will all me merged into one League.
2013 CHSFL Power Rankings

1-St. Anthony's
2-Iona Prep
3-Chaminade
4-Holy Trinity
5-Holy Cross
6-Stepinac
7-Sea
8-Farrell
9-Fordham Prep
10-Mount
11-Xavier
12-Kellenberg
13-St. John he Baptist
14-St. Francis Prep
15-Xaverian
16-Cardinal Hayes
17-Bishop Ford
18-St. Peter's
19-Christ the King
20-Cardinal Spellman
21-Kennedy Catholic
22-Nazareth

The Regular Season Schedule will be 8 games for 2013. Including the Non-League Game and 3 rounds of playoffs, the teams that qualify for The AAA & AA playoffs would play a max of 12 games. Based on Power Pts earned at end of Reg Season will determine playoff seed...

#1-8 = AAA Playoffs.
#9-16 = AA Playoffs.
#17-20 = A Playoffs.
Last 2 eliminated.

This setup allows teams to play a "FAIR" schedule if your in the middle of the pack.... Will play 4 teams above/4 teams behind.

Ex. St.John the Baptist:
1)-#15, Xaverian.
2)-#10, Mount.
3)-#6, Stepinac.
4)-#11, Xavier.
5)-#20-Spellma.
6)-#21-Kennedy Catholic.
7)-#8, Farrell.
8)-#18, St. Peter's.
Mike Quick

AOL

#5614 Feb 4, 2013
Molinet Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
2013 CHSFL Power Rankings
1-St. Anthony's
2-Iona Prep
3-Chaminade
4-Holy Trinity
5-Holy Cross
6-Stepinac
7-Sea
8-Farrell
9-Fordham Prep
10-Mount
11-Xavier
12-Kellenberg
13-St. John he Baptist
14-St. Francis Prep
15-Xaverian
16-Cardinal Hayes
17-Bishop Ford
18-St. Peter's
19-Christ the King
20-Cardinal Spellman
21-Kennedy Catholic
22-Nazareth
The Regular Season Schedule will be 8 games for 2013. Including the Non-League Game and 3 rounds of playoffs, the teams that qualify for The AAA & AA playoffs would play a max of 12 games. Based on Power Pts earned at end of Reg Season will determine playoff seed...
#1-8 = AAA Playoffs.
#9-16 = AA Playoffs.
#17-20 = A Playoffs.
Last 2 eliminated.
This setup allows teams to play a "FAIR" schedule if your in the middle of the pack.... Will play 4 teams above/4 teams behind.
Ex. St.John the Baptist:
1)-#15, Xaverian.
2)-#10, Mount.
3)-#6, Stepinac.
4)-#11, Xavier.
5)-#20-Spellma.
6)-#21-Kennedy Catholic.
7)-#8, Farrell.
8)-#18, St. Peter's.
I like what they did, it will mix things up in the CHSFL.
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

#5615 Feb 4, 2013
Some StA's Commits:

DE/OLB-Dan Carlone, Army.
OL-Joe Tustin, Army.
DB-Jared Katz, Columbia.
OL-Jack Vivonetto, Bryant.
RB-Anthony Anderson, Stony Brook preferred walk-on.
DB-Fifunmi Familusi, Stony Brook preferred walk-on.
K/P-Matt Musgrove, Stony Brook preferred walk-on.
LB-Anthony Leggio, Stonehill.
DL-Cody Katter, Johns Hopkins.

probably more to come.
Suff III

East Islip, NY

#5617 Feb 4, 2013
take these posts to the Catholic board. the public schools don't give a rats asss

Some StA's Commits:
DE/OLB-Dan Carlone, Army.
OL-Joe Tustin, Army.
DB-Jared Katz, Columbia.
OL-Jack Vivonetto, Bryant.
RB-Anthony Anderson, Stony Brook preferred walk-on.
DB-Fifunmi Familusi, Stony Brook preferred walk-on.
K/P-Matt Musgrove, Stony Brook preferred walk-on.
LB-Anthony Leggio, Stonehill.
DL-Cody Katter, Johns Hopkins.
probably more to come.
Jim Giattino

Bay Shore, NY

#5618 Feb 5, 2013
SCFB wrote:
I also heard that Blatter was going to Bayshore, but conflicting reports about Giattino and what capacity Blatter would serve (HC or DC???).
I am the Head Coach and Coach Blatter is calling the defense. I am thrilled to have him come onto my staff. He is a great coach and a better person. Good luck to all!
WI Fan

West Islip, NY

#5620 Feb 5, 2013
What/Who will be the biggest signing tomorrow??????
Molinet Knows

Jersey City, NJ

#5622 Feb 6, 2013
Nike COY Clinic at CW Post Fri, 4/8th & Sat, 4/9th.

Schedule of Speakers:

http://www.nikecoyfootball.com/Long-Island/Lo...
Sweet Russo

Jersey City, NJ

#5624 Feb 13, 2013
Very Blessed wrote:
<quoted text>. Tyler knows what is meant for him no one can take it away no matter how hard they try!! If he wins the Thorpe fine. If he doesn't win then it wasn't meant to be. It doesn't define who he is and where he is going. He is to blessed to be stressed. May God continue to bless that child and protect him from his enemies (unfortunately seems like he has many).
I've seen Lawrence, admittedly, more than I care to remember the last two seasons. While Tyler may be the best player on Lawrence, and certainly more humble than his younger brother, the best player in games that everyone got to see was the quarterback. Perhaps this is not fair because he got to touch the ball on every play. The fact is that every team in the league took its best shot at knocking Capobianco off his stride and he just kept going at a high level without regard to pressure, defensive schemes and physical play. I completely believe, that if asked to, the quarterback could have started on defense and done an outstanding job. In my view, Capobianco should have won the Thorp even though he only played offense. He's just that good and everybody in the league knows it. Tyler gets tackled easily when you don't try to arm tackle him. Perhaps Coach Mott thought Capobianco will still have an opportunity to win it in 2013, so he put someone else up. Congrats to the Tornadoes on as fine a season as I've seen in a long long time.
Sweet Russo

Jersey City, NJ

#5625 Feb 13, 2013
. . . by the way, many of our local players who went on to collegiate success and even the pros, did not win the Thorp or Martone. It's not where you start, it's where you finish. So I'm not a big believer in the Thorp defining anyone, it's just a trophy that like any other will gather dust.
WI Fan

West Islip, NY

#5627 Feb 18, 2013
Any winter training updates????
Lawrence Forever

United States

#5629 Feb 20, 2013
Sweet Russo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen Lawrence, admittedly, more than I care to remember the last two seasons. While Tyler may be the best player on Lawrence, and certainly more humble than his younger brother, the best player in games that everyone got to see was the quarterback. Perhaps this is not fair because he got to touch the ball on every play. The fact is that every team in the league took its best shot at knocking Capobianco off his stride and he just kept going at a high level without regard to pressure, defensive schemes and physical play. I completely believe, that if asked to, the quarterback could have started on defense and done an outstanding job. In my view, Capobianco should have won the Thorp even though he only played offense. He's just that good and everybody in the league knows it. Tyler gets tackled easily when you don't try to arm tackle him. Perhaps Coach Mott thought Capobianco will still have an opportunity to win it in 2013, so he put someone else up. Congrats to the Tornadoes on as fine a season as I've seen in a long long time.
Jordan isn't humble?? I think you may have them mixed up.Lol Players don't come more humble than that kid. He has ALWAYS been humble and shows respect for everyone!!
Sweet Russo

Jersey City, NJ

#5631 Feb 21, 2013
Lawrence Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Jordan isn't humble?? I think you may have them mixed up.Lol Players don't come more humble than that kid. He has ALWAYS been humble and shows respect for everyone!!
Jordan may be a humble kid in practice, he may be a humble kid in school, I would imagine he's a humble kid at home - but in games he's "100% in your face punk".
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#5632 Feb 21, 2013
Conf. 3 seedingd

Lawrence
Plain edge
Lynbrook
Glen cove
Bethpage
Hewlett
Sewanhaka
Floral park
Manhasset
CSS
Division
NHL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 min Pearl Jam 305,453
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Brian_G 46,325
USA and ISIS in Iraq 48 min nac 46
Review: Hair Decor Unisex 2 hr Ann 2
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr YANKEES 4 LIFE 307,466
Review: Erik's Barbershop 3 hr John 3
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 3 hr 58-59 - MUSLIM SA... 1,456
•••
•••
•••

West Winfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••