Probing Disability Pensions

Probing Disability Pensions

There are 6 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from Nov 21, 2008, titled Probing Disability Pensions. In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

Now more than ever, it's critical to take a hard look at how your tax dollars are being spent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

so how many collected

Wethersfield, CT

#1 Nov 21, 2008
"We now have a revision that requires an annual certification of your disability," says Cicilline
Carbone

Meriden, CT

#2 Nov 27, 2008
Yes, the public appreciates the work done by firefighters and police officers.

According to the numbers, however, these have to be the most accident-prone people in the state. The board that approves the disability needs to be independant of either union to stay credible.

I can see free tuition for the injured worker, but for a spouse & child as well is a complete fleecing of taxpayer money.
bob dionne

North Providence, RI

#3 Nov 27, 2008
great story

with all the people that the state employes to watch your every move police, game wardens, park rangers,
dem watch dogs) just think what they could do if they were told to chase pension abuse.
Big 80

AOL

#4 Dec 12, 2008
how can the small town of West Warwick justify full disibility officrs than RI State polce who cover the entire state? Something rotten in W.W.?
BillW

East Greenwich, RI

#5 Dec 14, 2008
Usually they get disability then go to Fla. and get a job down there while collecting from RI. No wonder we're in debt up to our eyeballs. In Mass. they don't even bother moving though.
dumber

Southbridge, MA

#6 Dec 15, 2008
thats because in Mass they dont have the mob chasing them for a cut of the disability check

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Warwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News | Is Fung Eyeing Another Match Up with Rai... Aug 27 mJazz 1
News R.I. House panel debates expungement of multipl... (Apr '09) Aug 26 Keb 2
Furniture Depot RI Owner Mukesh Tandon Sells R... Aug 23 Nira Iacobbo 2
Coventry Ghosts??? (Oct '06) Aug 21 Meadow 25
Conway Day Tours - Tired Of Same Expensive Trip... Aug 13 bored customer 1
Angola Tears Down Muslim Mosques- China Bans R... Aug 13 be advised 1
Vote for Hillary Aug 12 Willie Granville 2

West Warwick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance