Prison Guard Inmate Assault l WPRI.com

Prison Guard Inmate Assault l WPRI.com

There are 11 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from Dec 5, 2008, titled Prison Guard Inmate Assault l WPRI.com. In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

A prison guard has been charged with assaulting an inmate after a dispute over a television remote control.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

concerned

Rumford, RI

#1 Dec 5, 2008
these are criminals we are talking about here. what is this kid doing arguing about a TV remote, they should not have TV. they can not follow the laws of our society why should they have any contact to the feel world. it is called a PRISON for a reason. these criminals have way too many liberties and for an officer to have a dispute with an inmate there has to be more to this story. These officers just dont get their hands dirty without having being provoked over and over again
anonymous

Providence, RI

#2 Dec 5, 2008
You are taking this mighty personal, concerned...?
Linda

Rumford, RI

#3 Dec 5, 2008
why I'm not surprise!
Linda

Rumford, RI

#4 Dec 5, 2008
concerned wrote:
these are criminals we are talking about here. what is this kid doing arguing about a TV remote, they should not have TV. they can not follow the laws of our society why should they have any contact to the feel world. it is called a PRISON for a reason. these criminals have way too many liberties and for an officer to have a dispute with an inmate there has to be more to this story. These officers just dont get their hands dirty without having being provoked over and over again
hi, concerned:
regardless the issue ACI has been known for mistreating the inmates. Just because yhey are inmates does not mean they are animals. Even animals deserve respect.
junebug

Providence, RI

#6 Dec 7, 2008
back in the day when your boy junebug was in the can i whooped on sum serious guards hide
not again

Southbridge, MA

#7 Dec 8, 2008
i dont know what is more stupid in this story
the fact that the prisoner was foolish about the remote control,
or that the guard got so mad at the prisoner about a simple remote control,
or that they even HAVE tv in prison.\\

or that the idiot was caught driving with a suspended license and smoking pot to boot!

sharp as a marble
not again

Southbridge, MA

#8 Dec 8, 2008
junebug wrote:
back in the day when your boy junebug was in the can i whooped on sum serious guards hide
boy dont you sound educated....bet your Mom is real proud
do you perhaps have summer teeth?
concerned

Deer Park, NY

#9 Dec 10, 2008
Linda.... you must have served time or you are related to someone who has.... You seem to be the most ignorant person on the planet. Letís get the big picture into perspective (sorry for the use of big words) you are looking to wish harm onto a human being... animalistic... this inmate is a PRISONER (definition; somebody confined in a prison as a punishment for a crime or while waiting to stand trial) hmmm... letís make this simple. One that cannot obey the simple rules of society. Now they are not allowed to be free. Fine by me and Most Law Abiding citizens of the USA. If you donít believe that prison is a just full way to deal with criminal let me open the door out of here and show you the way out to some other nation. Junebug this can apply to you too. The bottom line is, what is a CO going to do let the inmate get the upper hand in a situation? No he is not going to let that happen. remember he gets to go home that night/morning... the Prisoner is home
Linda

Rumford, RI

#10 Dec 10, 2008
concerned wrote:
Linda.... you must have served time or you are related to someone who has.... You seem to be the most ignorant person on the planet. Letís get the big picture into perspective (sorry for the use of big words) you are looking to wish harm onto a human being... animalistic... this inmate is a PRISONER (definition; somebody confined in a prison as a punishment for a crime or while waiting to stand trial) hmmm... letís make this simple. One that cannot obey the simple rules of society. Now they are not allowed to be free. Fine by me and Most Law Abiding citizens of the USA. If you donít believe that prison is a just full way to deal with criminal let me open the door out of here and show you the way out to some other nation. Junebug this can apply to you too. The bottom line is, what is a CO going to do let the inmate get the upper hand in a situation? No he is not going to let that happen. remember he gets to go home that night/morning... the Prisoner is home
honestly, you sound like someone that needs help. Mistreating a person it's not right regardless their situation..Furthermore, to clarify one of your innocents comments, no, I've never been in prison.
crocheter42

East Providence, RI

#11 Dec 11, 2008
its about time the judicial system woke up. Just because a person has a badge and at times a gun does not give them the right to abuse others. Two wrongs do not make a right. what a stellar example this correctional officer has made to this inmate (If someone doesn't act how you want them to just go upside their head). Sounds to me like whoever investigated this incident did a dam good job and has respect for inmates. Inmates are people too. Until the judgemental people in society realize that they too can make mistakes and end up in prison situations like this will continue to happen. By no means is this an isolated incident. I do know that back in the day the prisoners ran the prison not the guards and there was alot of CO abuse. I guess now that things have changed karma is a m fer. We as a society wonder why the recidivism rate is so high in our country I'll tell you why. Take a grown man or woman, lock them in a cell all day, degrade them and make them have to take orders from children that could be their own. Humbling to say the least. As long as we remain the plantation state all prisoners regardless of race will continue to be treated as animals therefore, some of them will respond accordingly. Its too bad that the governor thinks that if we just act like the problem doesnt exist it will go away. Sounds like one big dysfunctional family. why not ask other states for help and stop building prisons and build opportunities such as first time offender programs that give men and women a skill to use in life.
Linda

Rumford, RI

#12 Dec 12, 2008
crocheter42 wrote:
its about time the judicial system woke up. Just because a person has a badge and at times a gun does not give them the right to abuse others. Two wrongs do not make a right. what a stellar example this correctional officer has made to this inmate (If someone doesn't act how you want them to just go upside their head). Sounds to me like whoever investigated this incident did a dam good job and has respect for inmates. Inmates are people too. Until the judgemental people in society realize that they too can make mistakes and end up in prison situations like this will continue to happen. By no means is this an isolated incident. I do know that back in the day the prisoners ran the prison not the guards and there was alot of CO abuse. I guess now that things have changed karma is a m fer. We as a society wonder why the recidivism rate is so high in our country I'll tell you why. Take a grown man or woman, lock them in a cell all day, degrade them and make them have to take orders from children that could be their own. Humbling to say the least. As long as we remain the plantation state all prisoners regardless of race will continue to be treated as animals therefore, some of them will respond accordingly. Its too bad that the governor thinks that if we just act like the problem doesnt exist it will go away. Sounds like one big dysfunctional family. why not ask other states for help and stop building prisons and build opportunities such as first time offender programs that give men and women a skill to use in life.
I agree with you 100%, and that is exactly what I've been posting here. But according to some people here they think that I need help just because I don't agree with mistreating a human being regardless their situation. I was even accused in this forum by someone which is not even worth my time to type his name that I been in prison, just because I don't agree with brutality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Warwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Councilman John D'amico A Man Of His Word War... Jul 14 Gets job done 1
Gay Hispanic Snapchats here! (Jul '16) Jul 5 Latinboy6999 13
Party in the Park Jul 1 DPS 1
West Warwick Music Selection (Sep '12) Jun '17 Musikologist 16
Lowes Quaker Lane Warwick RI Bad Customer Servi... Jun '17 badcustomerservice 1
News Man accused of raping girls he met through Face... (Aug '11) May '17 guest 4
News Nicholas Gianquitti Murder Trial l 12 Year Old ... (Mar '09) May '17 Jim-Mcbob 19

West Warwick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Warwick Mortgages