RI election officials to consider clo...

RI election officials to consider close primary

There are 2 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from Sep 17, 2008, titled RI election officials to consider close primary. In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

A close primary election in West Warwick could soon be decided. Members of the state Board of Elections will hold a hearing Wednesday afternoon to consider a primary race where tallies show Democratic ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

feed up

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Sep 17, 2008
IF he won in the election and than the recount He won

how many times does he need to win????
Skeptic

Warwick, RI

#2 Sep 17, 2008
Watch for the decision but I’m willing to bet that Alves will appeal it if it goes against him.

For a man who said he was planning to retire and he just owed a recount to his supporters, he seems to be going to extraordinary lengths to retain his seat.

It’s not about being a senator, it’s about being able to threaten and intimidate via the RI budget.

It's about how much he can make for himself and his family. Just review his Campaign Finance Reports on the Board of Elections website and you'll gain an appreciation as to what I referring to.

The Board's decision will only confirm what most Rhode Islanders already know, this is a state without the rule of law or any sense of ethics and integrity on the part of our legislative leaders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Warwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
House of Hope Leaves Homeless Stranded Jun 19 Former res 2
Furniture Depot RI Owner Mukesh Tandon Sells R... Jun 17 furniture depot 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing Cranston (Jun '14) Jun 13 mariac 46
Coventry Ghosts??? (Oct '06) Jun 11 BNO 23
Doris Conklin Sect 8 Apt Arrested Mftg Selling... Jun 6 sect 8 apt drug d... 7
West Warwick May 31 Karma 1
Damaged property May '16 Veronica Duarte 2

West Warwick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance