Gay-relationship debates hit a crucia...

Gay-relationship debates hit a crucial turn

There are 35 comments on the CJOnline.com story from May 28, 2011, titled Gay-relationship debates hit a crucial turn. In it, CJOnline.com reports that:

A flurry of activity in efforts to legally recognize gay relationships or ban same-sex marriage is reminding advocates that even though polls indicate growing acceptance, the debate is far from settled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CJOnline.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#1 May 28, 2011
NO civil unions ! "Separate but equal" is NEVER "EQUAL". This is not only a philosophcal argument, but obviously has practical legal consequences as well.

NO civil unions !

And as far as New York is concerned, there is less than 3 weeks less in the current legislative session. Based on what I have redin the newspapers here in new York recently, I am cautiously optimistic that the Marriage Equality bill will be passed this session.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2 May 28, 2011
Frank Stanton wrote:
NO civil unions ! "Separate but equal" is NEVER "EQUAL". This is not only a philosophcal argument, but obviously has practical legal consequences as well.
NO civil unions !
And as far as New York is concerned, there is less than 3 weeks less in the current legislative session. Based on what I have redin the newspapers here in new York recently, I am cautiously optimistic that the Marriage Equality bill will be passed this session.
And if marriage equality doesn't pass this session, blame will like directly with the Republican-controlled Senate.
Lance Winslow

San Francisco, CA

#3 May 28, 2011
We went through this sixty years ago in regard to inter-racial marriage. Same issue; same outcome.
short trus micro bus

Springfield, IL

#4 May 28, 2011
i gota wharehouse full of double dongs , vibrators , and an assortment of rubber cock. I`ma make a killing in the boof markets!
bailout my duck

Palatine, IL

#5 May 28, 2011
where do u get a two head dong "ladies"lol home depot?

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Tappahannock, VA

#6 May 28, 2011
short trus micro bus wrote:
i gota wharehouse full of double dongs , vibrators , and an assortment of rubber cock. I`ma make a killing in the boof markets!
I hope you at least rinsed the items off after using them. Such a busy boy you've been with your warehouse full....

Praiz!
five-one

Holiday, FL

#7 May 28, 2011
No there are not enough votes to pass a gay marriage law...and there never will be.The only way it will happen is if the courts and elitist judges in this country spit into the face of the American people-like they have done so often.
bailout my duck

Palatine, IL

#8 May 29, 2011
is that a dong in ur azz or r u just happy to c me

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#9 May 29, 2011
Frank Stanton wrote:
NO civil unions !
-
Which is why civil unions would be appropriate for gay couples. Gay relationships ARE NOT EQUAL!
-

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11 May 29, 2011
There are thousands of voting places all across America where I would never trust a truthful out come due to ballot tampering by the religious right. In my area every right wing religious goon are well known for corruption and I know this is not the only place of its kind in America.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#12 May 29, 2011
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Which is why civil unions would be appropriate for gay couples. Gay relationships ARE NOT EQUAL!
-
Of course they are equal, in every way.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#13 May 29, 2011
five-one wrote:
No there are not enough votes to pass a gay marriage law...and there never will be.The only way it will happen is if the courts and elitist judges in this country spit into the face of the American people-like they have done so often.
LOL.

You don't follow the Polls over the last 20 years, do you?

And how is a courts upholding the basic civil rights of tax-paying Americans citizens "spitting in the cace of the American people"?

Isn't overturning such unconstitutional bans HELPING American families?

Silver Spring, MD

#14 May 29, 2011
five-one wrote:
In other words your wife left you for another woman.

I mean, why else would someone think marriage equality would "destroy" their marriage.

Well, apart from the sexual sickness of homophobia generally, of course.
five-one

Holiday, FL

#15 May 29, 2011
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
You don't follow the Polls over the last 20 years, do you?
And how is a courts upholding the basic civil rights of tax-paying Americans citizens "spitting in the cace of the American people"?
Isn't overturning such unconstitutional bans HELPING American families?
Its all a matter of opinion.Where has gay marriage won on the ballot box?-the only poll that counts.They cant even get that done in CA.
five-one

Holiday, FL

#16 May 29, 2011
writewingproxycontin wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words your wife left you for another woman.
I mean, why else would someone think marriage equality would "destroy" their marriage.
Well, apart from the sexual sickness of homophobia generally, of course.
Wake up and read what I said.Where did I say anything about "destsruction"?Where the hell did you get anything about my marriage out of this?Keep thinking nonsense and making things up.Even obama opposes gay marriage.

Silver Spring, MD

#17 May 29, 2011
five-one wrote:
<quoted text>Wake up and read what I said.Where did I say anything about "destsruction"?Where the hell did you get anything about my marriage out of this?Keep thinking nonsense and making things up.Even obama opposes gay marriage.
Hey Cletus, you lying, worthless piece of sht, you claimed courts finding various rights (including for marriage equality) amounts to a "spit in the face."

No, that's the job of courts - to render decisions protecting minorities from the "tyranny of the majority."

You must think there is some negative consequence to marriage equality if it amounts to a "spit in the face." Many talibangelical loons claims marriage equality will "harm the institution of marriage." That means you can explain how marriage equality will hurt your specific marriage.

I hypothesize by leading your wife to leave you for another woman.

In other words I'm calling you an unhinged liar fer jeebus and mocking you, but you're too uneducated to follow along.

Silver Spring, MD

#18 May 29, 2011
"I hypothesize that marriage equality will harm your marriage by leading your wife to leave you for another woman."
five-one

Holiday, FL

#19 May 29, 2011
writewingproxycontin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Cletus, you lying, worthless piece of sht, you claimed courts finding various rights (including for marriage equality) amounts to a "spit in the face."
No, that's the job of courts - to render decisions protecting minorities from the "tyranny of the majority."
You must think there is some negative consequence to marriage equality if it amounts to a "spit in the face." Many talibangelical loons claims marriage equality will "harm the institution of marriage." That means you can explain how marriage equality will hurt your specific marriage.
I hypothesize by leading your wife to leave you for another woman.
In other words I'm calling you an unhinged liar fer jeebus and mocking you, but you're too uneducated to follow along.
Your brilliant commentary should lead you to a career with the Huffington Post.Have you auditioned for them yet?Or maybe you will shine at Iria.I do hope you get reincarnated and wake up in the middle of Iran.The mullahs will take good care of you.

Tappahannock, VA

#20 May 30, 2011
five-one wrote:
Hey retardate Christshariahn, try to address the point this time. Git ur hom skook teechur to hewlp you, Jethro.

If marriage equality by court ruling - as integrated schools came about - and it amounts to a "spit" in the face, then you cretins should be able to explain how marriage equality will negatively impact your marriage. Will same sex marriage make your wife leave you for another woman?*

Your xstain fundie onward marching fascist soldiers in CA's Prop 8 case had every opportunity to make any argument along these lines; the dunderhead bigots couldn't. Neither can you.

Praiz!

*Except I doubt a virulent homophobe like you is married to begin with.

Tappahannock, VA

#21 May 30, 2011
"If we get marriage equality by court ruling...."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Warwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Commenters Please Help Me Find This Post Aug 23 missing post 1
anyone wanna skype? (Mar '13) Aug 11 08lmulligan 22
teen bi meet-up (Jan '15) Aug 5 Yes then 3
WW RI Drunk Driver Rachel M Maher Aug 4 xx rachel m maher... 1
News Teenage Clerks Brilliantly Foil Would-Be Robber Aug 1 Mitt s Santorum S... 7
Review: Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery - Martin T... (Nov '09) Jul '15 Justin7183 20
Review: I Love Kickboxing Cranston (Jun '14) Jul '15 Jaclynnkate 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Warwick Mortgages