WPRI 12 - Eyewitness News |Anheuser-B...

WPRI 12 - Eyewitness News |Anheuser-Busch, R.I. beer co. offer ...

There are 5 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from May 24, 2008, titled WPRI 12 - Eyewitness News |Anheuser-Busch, R.I. beer co. offer .... In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

Brewer Anheuser-Busch and a Rhode Island beer distributor have offered 21 million dollars to settle lawsuits brought by survivors of a 2003 nightclub fire and relatives of the 100 people killed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

Steve B

North Attleboro, MA

#1 May 24, 2008
Though the fire was a tragedy, I do not see how companies like Home Depot, Budweiser, etc. are responsible... Responsiblity lies totally with the club, club management, the band with used the pyrotechnics, and the Fire Dept. which is responsible for inspections... The families that have had these lawsuits brought up against these other companies by ambulance chaser lawyers are just supporting the fact that tragedies like this have become oppertunities for "money grabbing"... A typical retainer fee for the lawyers is 1/3 of the settlement amount, over 40 million dollars so far...
No name

Cranston, RI

#2 May 24, 2008
I realize what a tragedy it was but come on; this is just insane!! How does that make them accountable for what happened?
LEO SPAZIANO

Layton, UT

#3 May 24, 2008
i left ri
im ashamed of my neighbors for law suits
you suck
PAWTUCKET

Pawtucket, RI

#4 May 24, 2008
Why do these people keep filing lawsuits against these companies OK we all feel shattered about this tragity but what did the Beer companies have to do with it, They promoted it! So what NOT everyone drank beer that night! what about let sue Captain Morgan, Or Baccardi?? or the picture on the wall! This is just the world we live in sue everyone! Are they devistated or just need to make a buck? I kinow its mean to say Heck I hate beer But enough already!
Reader

North Kingstown, RI

#5 May 24, 2008
These lawsuits have gotten completely ridiculous!!! Maybe we all should sue the idiots who keep trying to sue people who had nothing to do with the cause of the fire, just because we don't want to continue hearing/reading about their money-hungry, completely hypocritical ways!!! How do these idiots sleep at night!?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Warwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
West Warwick Music Selection (Sep '12) Jun 7 Musikologist 16
Lowes Quaker Lane Warwick RI Bad Customer Servi... Jun 1 badcustomerservice 1
News Man accused of raping girls he met through Face... (Aug '11) May 28 guest 4
News Nicholas Gianquitti Murder Trial l 12 Year Old ... (Mar '09) May 28 Jim-Mcbob 19
Gay Hispanic Snapchats here! (Jul '16) May '17 nich3731 12
Coventry Ghosts??? (Oct '06) May '17 Scaredtosleep 27
Need public help in finding sister May '17 worried in ky 1

West Warwick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Warwick Mortgages