West Warwick senator requests new election

Sep 20, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHJJ-AM Providence

Lawyers for Sen. Stephen Alves filed a request Monday seeking a new election because they claimed there were irregularities.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Oct 12, 2008
Elisha Asselin

Cranston, RI

#1 Oct 8, 2008
To the senate

My name is Elisha Asselin . I live in the town of Johnston along with a majority of other concerned family members who live in warwick, friends etc. located in other areas of RI. Who are as i am registered voters and we are more directly writhing in regards to this Senate bill 3014, bill 7495. This bill was recently vetoed and i have a hard time understanding why. RI is the only state who can violate your parole and probation before even if your found not guilty. I have loved ones and family who are going to serve time because they were arrested and found innocent. Just because they were arrested for no reason they violated their parole or probation and now they have to serve their suspended sentence. I don't think it is fair to innocent people. RI is wasting allot of tax money keeping innocent people in jail. Its about $30,000 per person to house and feed These inmates. I think it is a wast of the tax payers money.
I thought people are innocent until pr oven guilty. It seems the other way around in RI. Many people don't know this is going on and it has hurt many family's, friends, children, and loved ones. This need to stop. Please help the Senate bill 3014, bill 7495 pass so innocent people are not put in jail for no reason.
Thank you for you time and everyone hopes soon that this will be a change in RI.

Thank You Sincerely Elisha Asselin
Magouri

Slocum, RI

#2 Oct 12, 2008
I think the response from most people in this state will be to strike down this bill.

In this day and age, citizens need to be accountable for their actions.

If this bill get passed, you can bet fewer and fewer will be getting reduced sentences and early parole.

Don't commit crime in the 1st place.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Warwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay snapchat (Oct '13) Sat ethanalexsmith 31
Fugitive - Donald Eugene Webb (D.E.W.) Aug 28 Wimpy 1
West Greenwich Police involved and causing car ... Aug 27 PissedoffinWGreen... 1
child support Aug 27 wow 3
Review: I Love Kickboxing Cranston Aug 22 Laurend5219 15
Debate: Ferguson - North Kingstown, RI Aug 22 Tom from wickford 1
Anyone Wanna Skype dirty? Aug 18 UpForAnything22 1
•••
•••
•••

West Warwick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••