2 more RI Catholic schools closing

2 more RI Catholic schools closing

There are 2 comments on the The Associated Press story from Mar 18, 2009, titled 2 more RI Catholic schools closing . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Two more Catholic schools in Rhode Island are closing. The Diocese of Providence announced Monday that St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

NJHibernian

Glassboro, NJ

#1 Mar 20, 2009
Our Bishops and cardinals are closing Catholic schools and churches to cover up for sins and scandals of the past.

They tell lies to people and the Pope about what is really going on. Lie upon Lie...more sin, greed and corruption.

Our bishops and cardinals are destroying the Catholic faith. They are crucifying Christ all over again.

They are committing great sin and sacriledge by selling relics, stain glass windows etc. to rais e money to continue their hollywood lifestyles and to cover up sins of the past.

While our Pope is in Africa, the Camden Diocese purchased a $800,000 11 acre horse farm and mansion in Salem County for nuns from africa who took vows of poverty.
The Camden Diocese was hit the hardest with most closures instead of clusters.. Our bishop had business dealings with mr. follieri who is now in jail for fraud involving the buying and selling of catholic real estate.

KMendes

Cranston, RI

#2 Mar 23, 2009
Your comments are out of line. Do you or have you had a child in Catholic school in RI? The majority of our school buildings are old. My children currently go to the oldest Catholic school in the Diocese of Providence. It is in an urban setting. The parish is poor and the buildings are old. They attend this school because of the amazing and dedicated teachers who excite our children mentally and spititually. The tuition does not cover the total amount of a year's education.(our tuition is $3,000 a year and the state of RI uses about $5,000 a year to eduacate a child.) The rest is made up by fund raising. In today's struggling economy we have been unable to raise the needed funds to opperate. We were a self sustaining school until recently. WE do not blame our closing on the past problems with Catholic priests.Find out the correct facts and then voice your opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Warwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News R.I. House panel debates expungement of multipl... (Apr '09) Fri Keb 2
Furniture Depot RI Owner Mukesh Tandon Sells R... Aug 23 Nira Iacobbo 2
Coventry Ghosts??? (Oct '06) Aug 21 Meadow 25
Conway Day Tours - Tired Of Same Expensive Trip... Aug 13 bored customer 1
Angola Tears Down Muslim Mosques- China Bans R... Aug 13 be advised 1
Vote for Hillary Aug 12 Willie Granville 2
Review: I Love Kickboxing Cranston (Jun '14) Aug 11 Amanda 49

West Warwick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance