Teen charged with stealing from church

Teen charged with stealing from church

There are 9 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from Aug 15, 2008, titled Teen charged with stealing from church. In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

A West Warwick teenager is charged with stealing up to $50,000 from the church where he worked.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

A friend

Charlestown, RI

#1 Aug 15, 2008
I love how the news as usual twists everything around. First off, Evan did NOT steal nor ADMIT to stealing 50,000 dollars because he certainly wouldnt be driving a chrysler sebring with a top that doesnt work if that were the case. He was very cooperative in admitting to what he did take and is working towards paying at back. Nor is he out on a 10,000 bail, or out on bail at all. HOWEVER none of us should have to explain that to any of you because Evan and his family are going through a lot right now. He, and ESPECIALLY his family should not have to be in the public eye as well. Whatever happened between Evan and the church is between Evan and the church and that is how it should remain. On behalf of his family and close friends we ask that you please respect that and let us all deal with this privately. Thank you
Just wondering

West Warwick, RI

#2 Aug 15, 2008
What did he steal? Now that it's out there someone needs to explain. If the news channels are lying, please enlighten us or we have no one else to believe. Sorry, story is out...it is everyone's business now.
Steve

AOL

#3 Aug 15, 2008
He stole other people's money. People who work hard for their money. I hope he gets locked up for a long time.
emily

Pawtucket, RI

#4 Aug 17, 2008
A friend wrote:
I love how the news as usual twists everything around. First off, Evan did NOT steal nor ADMIT to stealing 50,000 dollars because he certainly wouldnt be driving a chrysler sebring with a top that doesnt work if that were the case. He was very cooperative in admitting to what he did take and is working towards paying at back. Nor is he out on a 10,000 bail, or out on bail at all. HOWEVER none of us should have to explain that to any of you because Evan and his family are going through a lot right now. He, and ESPECIALLY his family should not have to be in the public eye as well. Whatever happened between Evan and the church is between Evan and the church and that is how it should remain. On behalf of his family and close friends we ask that you please respect that and let us all deal with this privately. Thank you
actually, if you commit a crime against anyone, it does become everyone's business. He did something wrong, and whether or not it was a smaller dollar figure does not matter. I feel sorry for his family, but seriously it is not between the church and him. If it was, then nobody would have reported it to the police, nor would there have been an investigation.

A private matter is when your child "borrows" something of yours with out asking. Private is NOT stealing money from a church or anywhere else. It was not just the churches money, but money that it's parishioners donated, therefore making it a public not a private crime.
nyhc

Newington, CT

#5 Aug 18, 2008
KID IS A LOSER
homer

Cranston, RI

#6 Aug 22, 2008
yes the bishop wants to protect illegal immigrants from being depaorted but he wants this kid in prison for stealing from the churchmmmmmmmm
Jules

United States

#7 Aug 25, 2008
Don't you love these enablers who make every excuse under the sun for these bad-acting kids? "Oh poor Johnny is going through so much stress - we have to remember society is to blame for failing Johnny - etc. etc." The fact is this. You do wrong you pay the price. Period. Hell, even Al Capone was somebody's baby boy at one time.
John Doe

Rumford, RI

#8 Aug 25, 2008
you made such of clear point Homer. I totally agree with you..
homer

Cranston, RI

#9 Aug 29, 2008
The logic of it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Warwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apts at Remington Pond DFI formerly Waterford T... (Dec '14) Thu birdsfeatherflock... 3
News Man accused of raping girls he met through Face... (Aug '11) Thu Hdjegehehrvfv 3
Review: I Love Kickboxing Cranston (Jun '14) Apr 13 MarisaB 63
Renew Life Probiotic 150 Billion Stopped Klebs... Apr 4 nomoreutis 1
Review: Sandy Motors Inc (Jan '11) Apr 1 Sharon 21
Stay away from Royalty Cleaners (Nov '07) Mar '17 Carla 6
pre-cursor to cancer warning thick blood read ... Mar '17 CANCERTHICKBLOOD 2

West Warwick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Warwick Mortgages