5 Years After Nightclub Fire, Great W...

5 Years After Nightclub Fire, Great White is Still Touring

There are 5 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from Feb 19, 2008, titled 5 Years After Nightclub Fire, Great White is Still Touring. In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

Police and firefighters showed up early for a recent Great White concert at a Cincinnati nightclub just to be sure no pyrotechnics would be used.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

Marie

AOL

#1 Feb 20, 2008
My son was in that fire.. with 56% body burns..as time goes on it just gets harder.. his body now looks like something that has never been landscaped.. the nightmares.. depression..anxiety .. fear continues.. therapy has gone on now for 5 years.. and my heart is broken in a million pieces for him... we will never know what he experienced that night ...and I am sure the other survivor families will either.. please don't forget the ones who did survive.. since they seemed to have been pushed aside...they may have survived .. but they are simply existing...
Marie

AOL

#2 Feb 20, 2008

I am the same person who wrote the comment above..
By expressing what my son is going through..I by no means meant any disrepect for the ones who perished.. they are now in peace..
Its the ones who try to live each day so badly burnt.. psycholgically troubled.. disfigured for the rest of their lives .. surgeries after surgeries where there is just no end in sight.. my sons lungs were so charred that it will take 16 years for them to totally heal... they were so bad .. then we have to worry about lung scarring... what effect will that have on him.. many things entale this horrific nightmare ... but the details are much too long to explain...
We just feel there were so many other people that should have taken the fall for this horrific inferno.. and yet today they still walk the streets.. I ask where is the justice..
When does our son get justice and when does he get parole from what he has to endure.. the answer to that is NEVER !!!
Karen

Warwick, RI

#3 Feb 20, 2008
Its a big loss for families but its time to let them rest in peace. Let them go and stop all the media.
Marilyn

United States

#4 Feb 20, 2008
It was an accident!!! How do you get justice from an accident? I lost a friend in that fire too. I don't blame anybody. Karen is right, horrific things happen everyday...why keep bringing it up? We don't need to relive it constantly. Its always going to be in our minds we don't need to continue to see it on TV. RIP to all involved. Marie, sorry for your daily reminder. At least you can still hold your son.
Marie

AOL

#5 Feb 20, 2008
Marilyn... I hate to disagree with you on this one... but this was no accident.. this was total negligence on the fire marshall's part.. how could anyone miss those things on those walls..
they looked like egg cartons ... and any professional such as the fire marshall... just turned his head.. and mind you he had been in there hundreds of time... so accident.. I beg to differ... this was total negligence on his part... and his carcus should be in prison also ...and yes you said I can still hold my son... but Marilyn.. my son told me that he is not the son I gave birth to... and I will never be able to find the son we are looking for... the reason being... my son said... he too died in that fire... so you see .. I am grieving a son that died in that fire ... and a son that we have to get to know all over again...and we love him with all of our heart...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Warwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teenage Clerks Brilliantly Foil Would-Be Robber 46 min Mitt s Santorum S... 7
Review: Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery - Martin T... (Nov '09) Jul 27 Justin7183 20
man of God? family member? Jul 24 Friend of Mina Ag... 8
Review: I Love Kickboxing Cranston (Jun '14) Jul 23 Jaclynnkate 29
Review: Rovati Dental Solutions Jul 22 coolhandlukeri 1
eg ri rich and famous arrests Jul 15 eg criminals 1
West Warwick Music Selection (Sep '12) Jun '15 Musikologist 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Warwick Mortgages