RI Budget Proposal

RI Budget Proposal

There are 179 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from Jan 7, 2009, titled RI Budget Proposal. In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

Gov. Don Carcieri proposed an emergency budget plan Wednesday that would slash state funding for cities and towns, raise taxes and delay paying a legal settlement over a deadly nightclub fire to close a massive ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

Since: Feb 09

AOL

#142 Feb 1, 2009
Taxed out wrote:
Hey, proud union firefighter.
Get a real job, pay your fair share and you might get a realistic view of life. You guys are worse than the teachers. I must say, that you do a fine job of shining up old engine no. 9 and drinking coffee. Love your cute hat, boots and turnout coat too.
why don't you kiss off and see how fast they respond to your house when it catches fire jack ass you guys burn me you have no respect for authurity at all
Carbone

Meriden, CT

#143 Feb 2, 2009
RI is too small a state to have separate school & local offices for each town.

There needs to be major consolidation to eliminate redundancies.

The system has been abused for so long, we will be paying for it unless there is action taken now.
Nothing to Hide

Greenville, RI

#144 Feb 3, 2009
grd0099 wrote:
<quoted text>why don't you kiss off and see how fast they respond to your house when it catches fire jack **** you guys burn me you have no respect for authurity at all
What is "authurity"?

My house is brick. It will give you time to finish watching Oprah before you respond to save the cellar..
gin

Meriden, CT

#145 Feb 3, 2009
I will not be dumped wrote:
<quoted text>a lot of state are takeing pay cuts in their own ranks then are going to the state workers mass for one since ri like sto follow other state i think they should do the same.
after all 39 cities and town does he need to be makeing 100 grand plus a year? and all of his little friends?
come on get real their are not that many city and towns in one county in other states
ri government needs to be ousted and redone. this would include local city and towns as well. central falls 2.2 square miles and yet whatis the mayor doing and the state ag or the federal gov are not investigating?
He was in the private sector, that is how he became a success. you make your living by tax dollars, tax dollars do not generate profits..do you get that??if you want a big house in EG maybe you show retire, get your pension and take your plumbing business full time
gin

Meriden, CT

#146 Feb 3, 2009
Carbone wrote:
RI is too small a state to have separate school & local offices for each town.
There needs to be major consolidation to eliminate redundancies.
The system has been abused for so long, we will be paying for it unless there is action taken now.
well stated
gin

Meriden, CT

#147 Feb 3, 2009
Flo West Warwick RI wrote:
The Don should take the first cut in pay and benefits.And what is he thinking about getting rid of the bus monitors .Does he want another dead child report because the driver could not see the child because of the blind spots on the bus and believe me there are a lot of blind spots.he should ride a school bus for a day and see how difficult the driver and the monitors have it.These children are off the wall most of the time.I think he needs to go back to the drawing board and come up with some better ideas on how to save money.
he made his money in the private sector, public workers get paid w/tax payers dollars. tax dollars do not generate profit. private does. if you want to make what he does, go in the private sector instead of sitting on your oss but you don't want to give up loafing and working at a snails pace. plus calling in sick when ya get the shats
moe

Meriden, CT

#148 Feb 3, 2009
do public employees get the fact that the governor made his money in the private sect, paid for by profits made by that particular business. public employees are paid for with tax dollars that do not generate a profit. if you want a big house, or you want what others have, go into the private sector or open a business and work 6 days a week sometimes 7. Work when you are not feeling well. Not like the public workers who call in sick when they get the shats. get off your osss, but you don't want to do that and give up working at a snails pace and taking a sick day off when you want to because your toe hurts.
Sick of union screwjobs

York, PA

#149 Feb 3, 2009
moe wrote:
do public employees get the fact that the governor made his money in the private sect, paid for by profits made by that particular business. public employees are paid for with tax dollars that do not generate a profit. if you want a big house, or you want what others have, go into the private sector or open a business and work 6 days a week sometimes 7. Work when you are not feeling well. Not like the public workers who call in sick when they get the shats. get off your osss, but you don't want to do that and give up working at a snails pace and taking a sick day off when you want to because your toe hurts.
No, they don't know that you get what you earn.

It is considered to be union blasphemy to understand or convey anything other than the union party line.....

It's punishable by one never getting any of the "you don't have to do anything" overtime.
kim

Meriden, CT

#150 Feb 3, 2009
you are absolutely right.. It is amazing the mentality. It is hard to believe that people walk around and have this mentality. It is absolutely amazing. Our children go to private school because the public schools are run by unions and they do s___. You would be surprised the amount of fire, police AND TEACHERS who attend my daughters schools. What would their "brothers" and "sisters" think. They have their solidarity now motto, but in reality they all look out for themselves.
Sick of union screwjobs wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they don't know that you get what you earn.
It is considered to be union blasphemy to understand or convey anything other than the union party line.....
It's punishable by one never getting any of the "you don't have to do anything" overtime.
Unions Suck

United States

#151 Feb 3, 2009
kim wrote:
you are absolutely right.. It is amazing the mentality. It is hard to believe that people walk around and have this mentality. It is absolutely amazing. Our children go to private school because the public schools are run by unions and they do s___. You would be surprised the amount of fire, police AND TEACHERS who attend my daughters schools. What would their "brothers" and "sisters" think. They have their solidarity now motto, but in reality they all look out for themselves.
<quoted text>
These people are just plain sick. It's as simple as that.
Unions Suck

United States

#152 Feb 3, 2009
kim wrote:
<quoted text>
and Yes, I do live in RI.
Catholic Schools

Worcester, MA

#153 Feb 3, 2009
How about all the Catholic school teachers that work with no help from the state. My mother working for 27 years as a Catholic school teacher makes the same as a public school teacher just starting out. The teachers actually care about the kids and their education instead of how much money they are making!!! And their education is better!
sami

Meriden, CT

#154 Feb 3, 2009
Catholic Schools wrote:
How about all the Catholic school teachers that work with no help from the state. My mother working for 27 years as a Catholic school teacher makes the same as a public school teacher just starting out. The teachers actually care about the kids and their education instead of how much money they are making!!! And their education is better!
RIGHT ON!
Unions Suck

United States

#155 Feb 3, 2009
Catholic Schools wrote:
Kudos to your Mom.

That's the kind of teacher I want teaching my kids....

AOL

#156 Feb 3, 2009
gin wrote:
<quoted text>
He was in the private sector, that is how he became a success. you make your living by tax dollars, tax dollars do not generate profits..do you get that??if you want a big house in EG maybe you show retire, get your pension and take your plumbing business full time
another fan of the dc. who cares really. I would not live in eg to snotty for me. I rather move to a town were they are friendly. and their are not so much government. correction their is one person i know from eg she is a wonderful humane.

AOL

#157 Feb 3, 2009
Unions Suck wrote:
<quoted text>
These people are just plain sick. It's as simple as that.
not all unions suck just those city and towns and states who milk it
len

Meriden, CT

#158 Feb 3, 2009
grd0099 wrote:
<quoted text>another fan of the dc. who cares really. I would not live in eg to snotty for me. I rather move to a town were they are friendly. and their are not so much government. correction their is one person i know from eg she is a wonderful humane.
people aren't friendly to you? I can't imagine why.

AOL

#159 Feb 3, 2009
lile i said you post sums it up. some one has to say womething unless they are not happy

AOL

#160 Feb 3, 2009
Another firefighter

Pawtucket, RI

#161 Feb 3, 2009
I am so tired of hearing all the people on here complain about how firefighters reap all the benefits and how they dont do anything to earn it. I bet half the people who say these things have not one clue about the job other than what they read in the paper or watch on tv. It is time you educate yourself and find out the truth of how your tax dollars are spent. Go to a fire station in your city or town, talk to some of the people there. You want to know why your taxes go up, just look at all of the times a rescue goes out on call for non life threat calls, like a tummy ache, or a cold, or the person who thinks 911 is the free ride to the ER for some tylenol. This is just one of the many things that cause your tax dollars to go to waste. I would like to see all the complainers go to someones house, maybe that person has some infectious disease or that person feels today is a good day to die and wants to take anybody that gets in his way with him. Are you ready to go, are you ready to go into a fire, are you gonna risk catching AIDS/HIV, TB, Hepatitis. Are you willing to put yourself before others no matter what. If not then stop your complaining. Someday, you may have to call 911 for a real emergency. Will the governor come to help you? I think not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Warwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing Cranston (Jun '14) 8 hr mickrickbob 60
Stay away from Royalty Cleaners (Nov '07) Mar 11 Carla 6
pre-cursor to cancer warning thick blood read ... Mar 1 CANCERTHICKBLOOD 2
News Foster man, 44, charged in assault on girlfriend (Jul '07) Feb 28 MikeD8675 20
Review: Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery - Martin T... (Nov '09) Feb 23 elsondivorce 33
Waterford Towers NO PETS-RENT INCREASES SKY HIG... Feb '17 waterfordtowers 3
oh baby it"s cold out there ! snow wonderland !... Feb '17 wintersnow 1

West Warwick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Warwick Mortgages