Survivors of RI club fire awaiting settlement cash

Full story: WPRI Providence and Rhode Island

Survivors of a fire that ripped through a Rhode Island nightclub six years ago, killing 100 people, still suffer with mental and physical scars as they wait for compensation.
Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Feb 19, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

this DISGUSTS ME they SHOULD HAVE BEEN PAID YEARS AGO>>>>>
FU Dedarians! may you all rot in hell

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

My continued thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the Station...THEY are the ones we need to focus on.
Concerned citizen

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

I agree insertfoot the victims should've gotten their money years ago. These people shouldn't have to continue to suffer because of bureaucratic BS.

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

meanwhile the Derdarians live in there BIG FAT house while others suffer.....

makes me shake with anger
Donna

Riverside, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Amen!! Only in this pathetic state.

Since: Feb 09

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Judged:

I agree they should have been paid a long time ago but the go is pro poly holding the money in a account using the interest to balance the books. easy way for the many seams to be enough their to give everyone a good share of it. but they same some could get less than a grand depending on the injuries? come on get real. and now you have west war wick saying oh we can afford it now.

To bad you should have thought of that when you hired your dirty inspectors and the fire chief and west war wick also has dirty building inspectors as well.

you no better than Johnston and their dirty town. were hear to serve you yea right lol
xrilander

Kingman, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

Education?, income? Are you kidding me! What, an IQ test to see if they should have been smart enough to escape without injury. And how could income come into play? Total BS!

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

xrilander wrote:
Education?, income? Are you kidding me! What, an IQ test to see if they should have been smart enough to escape without injury. And how could income come into play? Total BS!
you cearly a idiot and know nothing about this story at all. thei was no escape fire doors were blooked due to a bad inspector in town who never went back to check things out. your are a idiot saying that in your statement.

just stay out of a conversation you know nothing about.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

clearly posters like you piss me off clueless and ignorant to the end rot in hell jack ass
cadaz

East Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

Yes if they were gonna get anything it should have been long ago. As for the those who lost their lives, RIP. On another note, I know 2 people who were there. The guy jumped thorugh the window and left his g/f inside and she got burnt really bad. He never tried to save her. He should have threw her throw 1st but he was only thinking of himself. I hope he gets s***

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

cadaz wrote:
Yes if they were gonna get anything it should have been long ago. As for the those who lost their lives, RIP. On another note, I know 2 people who were there. The guy jumped thorugh the window and left his g/f inside and she got burnt really bad. He never tried to save her. He should have threw her throw 1st but he was only thinking of himself. I hope he gets s***
he should be up on charges then and i hope that she dumped his ass
cadaz

East Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2009

she stayed with him but guess then smarten up and left his sorry piece of a**

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2009

cadaz wrote:
the gov is looking for a way to keep this money to right now i am sure its in a state account earning intrest like the federal wic money.
cadaz

East Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2009

just like the rest of the money they say we are gonna get.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2009

yes men are stupid they wine when they want you back then they treat you like crap again. yes i can say that i am a man and not gay eaither lol
xrilander

Kingman, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

grd0099 wrote:
<quoted text>you cearly a idiot and know nothing about this story at all. thei was no escape fire doors were blooked due to a bad inspector in town who never went back to check things out. your are a idiot saying that in your statement.
just stay out of a conversation you know nothing about.
"The money is being distributed according to an intricate formula"

Did you see that line?

They want to distribute the money according to the victims education, income, etc. And BTW I lived in RI all my life until the summer of `03. I know all about the fire, trial, etc. I`ve attended concerts there too. It`s ***holes like YOU who should be banned from making comments. And nice spelling too, shows your education level!
cadaz

East Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

grd0099 wrote:
yes men are stupid they wine when they want you back then they treat you like crap again. yes i can say that i am a man and not gay eaither lol
Grd099 sorry to say this but I agree with you. I'm female and guys do do that to us. but some women do it too! Glad to see an honest man out there.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

cadaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Grd099 sorry to say this but I agree with you. I'm female and guys do do that to us. but some women do it too! Glad to see an honest man out there.
not for nothing women can do it ten times nastyer than men.

after my divorce i started dateing a x girlfriend

big mistake she got what she wanted though and i got what i wanted and then it was see you. live and lern never again. but heck it was worth it after all thease years.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

i feel bad for the victims of the fire though.

i am glad that my brother canceled that night he was supposed to go to the place.

I do feel bad because he lost a friend that year.

so yes their are even victims that are not counted bye the news.
cadaz

East Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

grd0099 wrote:
<quoted text>not for nothing women can do it ten times nastyer than men.
after my divorce i started dateing a x girlfriend
big mistake she got what she wanted though and i got what i wanted and then it was see you. live and lern never again. but heck it was worth it after all thease years.
lol i have to admit some women make it hard for us nice ladies to find a nice guy. as long as you had a good time i guess thats all the counts

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent West Warwick Discussions

Search the West Warwick Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
DEM: Stolen bows may have been sold online Jul 12 Yankee 1
Over 2,500 without power in three RI communities Jul 8 bert 1
Gay snapchat (Oct '13) Jul 5 hornygayboi12 29
Single and Bar Scene not for You? Try the Book ... Jul 4 Petal Power 1
anyone wanna skype? (Mar '13) Jul 3 Shay 9
2 children, 3 adults injured after serious acci... Jun 27 Fran Minei 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing Cranston Jun '14 kristen orsini 8
•••
•••