Johnson County House Fire

May 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Moved Permanently

A Johnson County family loses their home after it goes up in flames. The fire happened at the corner of Highway 302 and 1428 in West Van Lear.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated May 19, 2010
Mean mister

Prestonsburg, KY

#1 May 12, 2010
It's a shame. Feel sorry for their loss.
sad

Harold, KY

#2 May 17, 2010
Was that Cliff Pelphrey's home?
just reading

Auxier, KY

#3 May 17, 2010
The lady who lived the house name is "Verda", I think. Such a bad thing to go through. Happened to my family when I was younger. Hope everyone got out safely.
Sulu

Pikeville, KY

#4 May 17, 2010
Yes, Cliff Pelphreys house burned for the second time this week.
sad

Salyersville, KY

#5 May 18, 2010
Cliff pelphrey house burned twice in same week...whats the deal with that. somebody needs to check in on him...something just ain't right.... just wonder if all is business is legit..Hmmmmmmm
U kno

Fairport, NY

#6 May 18, 2010
Cliffs house did burn twice. The second time was do in large part to the first time. First it was the basement then it was the entire home. The incident in the basement involved a kerosene jet dryer that was being used to dry water the was a result flooded basement. The second time no one was present at the home but power had been restored by the company that had been hired to clean the smoke \water damage. They had placed several heaters and dehumidifiers throughout the hame because the were going to start the Monday. The electrical wiring in the basement was damaged by the flooding/fire and when power was restored an electrical fire was ignited and then fueled by the remaining kerosene as it had not been cleaned from the first incident. Therefore the home burnt very quickly. Its difficult to believe that the home burnt twice but, under the circumstances I think its totally feasible.
CFP

Staffordsville, KY

#7 May 18, 2010
Cliff's middle name is Fannin. Cliff Fannin Pelphrey.
little Jonny

Staffordsville, KY

#8 May 19, 2010
U kno wrote:
Cliffs house did burn twice. The second time was do in large part to the first time. First it was the basement then it was the entire home. The incident in the basement involved a kerosene jet dryer that was being used to dry water the was a result flooded basement. The second time no one was present at the home but power had been restored by the company that had been hired to clean the smoke \water damage. They had placed several heaters and dehumidifiers throughout the hame because the were going to start the Monday. The electrical wiring in the basement was damaged by the flooding/fire and when power was restored an electrical fire was ignited and then fueled by the remaining kerosene as it had not been cleaned from the first incident. Therefore the home burnt very quickly. Its difficult to believe that the home burnt twice but, under the circumstances I think its totally feasible.
WOW,, you sure do know alot. Very good. almost conviencing!
Sulu

Hagerhill, KY

#9 May 19, 2010
Someone said today they thought Cliff was fortunate because of the earlier fire to have moved alot of valuables out.
U kno

Fairport, NY

#10 May 19, 2010
Sulu wrote:
Someone said today they thought Cliff was fortunate because of the earlier fire to have moved alot of valuables out.
Unfortunately that's not so true. The family had moved out their clothes and a few other small things like laptops and some framed pictures other than that it was a total loss.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Van Lear Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Nancy we don't need your help 12 min truth 63
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 23 min uninformed idiot 1,510
Hammond Five is alive (Oct '11) 28 min Natalie 11,889
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 41 min Cornelius Scudmister 151,273
The Alphabet Game. (Nov '12) 52 min Jennifer Renee 1,873
Double Letter Word Game (Aug '12) 59 min Jennifer Renee 2,053
Union buster Tom Smith 1 hr Anti union Tom Smith 7
•••
•••
•••

West Van Lear Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

West Van Lear People Search