fan

Prestonsburg, KY

#349 Nov 15, 2012
Tough n FB next year. Lets talk baketball. Bet bobby will will trash talk bb too.
Class89

Prestonsburg, KY

#350 Nov 15, 2012
fan wrote:
Tough n FB next year. Lets talk baketball. Bet bobby will will trash talk bb too.
Neither will succeed under the current staff. At least until this town is tired of winning regular season games and quick exits in the post season. Titles are more important that winning percentages.
tell it like it is period

Logan, WV

#351 Nov 15, 2012
Well since you already said you sat the bench in 89 , we know you couldnt play so maybe you could come coach all the sports ... Nah you would suck at that too just like you did in 89 !!! LOL I kill me !!
Parent

Georgetown, KY

#352 Nov 15, 2012
Maybe someone can get the steroids flowing again!!!!
bobby

Charleston, WV

#353 Nov 15, 2012
well folks get ready to watch the football players try and play basketball.they could not handle powder puff football so i guess they will try and play basketball.this should be interesting.
Class89

Prestonsburg, KY

#354 Nov 16, 2012
Never said I was a coach and have no desire to do so. My point is you have idiots there already. Time to hire someone who knows what they are doing and bring a title to this town. Zero state titles in basketball and football. One regional title in basketball (I was on the team!!!) and four regional titles in football. I just wish this school, board, and community would put a stop to the mediocrity and demand championships. If you can't get it done get the F out.
THEORIGINAL

Charlotte, NC

#355 Nov 16, 2012
Class89 wrote:
Never said I was a coach and have no desire to do so. My point is you have idiots there already. Time to hire someone who knows what they are doing and bring a title to this town. Zero state titles in basketball and football. One regional title in basketball (I was on the team!!!) and four regional titles in football. I just wish this school, board, and community would put a stop to the mediocrity and demand championships. If you can't get it done get the F out.
You werent on the team. You are spouting off ignorant points that only a non sports person would have. I know the people on that team and they arent this ignorant when it comes to the dynamics of sports especially in a small E KY town. You have better coaches than you deserve and are lucky they are there.
Former 80s Player

Richmond, KY

#356 Nov 16, 2012
This whole thread is borderline comical. The current coaching staff I GUARANTEE works harder than any staff around here. The players work YEAR ROUND to improve themselves and bet bigger, stronger, and faster, and what does it get them? Criticisms and snide remarks from people who obviously never played or coached the game.

All the haters need to ask themselves this question: IF YOU COULD FIND YOUR PERFECT COACH, what on earth makes you think they would ever come to Prestonsburg given all the "support" you have shown in the past and on this thread? Your "hatred" of this staff and team really has nothing to do with them at all. There is an obvious agenda at work here, and anyone who knows ANYTHING about the game and the dynamics of small school football can see right through the ignorance you display in your comments.
Former 80s Player

Richmond, KY

#357 Nov 16, 2012
Class89 wrote:
Your opinion is the same kind that ran Phillip Haywood out of Prestonsburg. "Stop the mediocrity"???? Phillip won ZERO state titles while coaching here, yet he has won a couple at Belfry. Yep, I guess you would have voted to get rid of him too, based on the whole "mediocrity" thing. Bill Letton, while making it to the title game in 1993 won ZERO state titles here at Prestonsburg. He HAS won 1 at Lexington Catholic. "Mediocrity" at Prestonsburg again...Let me guess: You would have voted to oust him also.

I just wish those who bash and condemn would at least have the courage to be HONEST about why they do so...
tell it like it is period

Logan, WV

#358 Nov 16, 2012
GREAT POSTS 80's player !!!!!
city

Richmond, KY

#359 Nov 16, 2012
I thank the Derossett boys have done a good job @ P-burg we are like most all of Ky. high school footbal small players and small amount of people out thay would rather drive there cars than put the time in on the practice field
Winner

Logan, WV

#360 Nov 17, 2012
Former 80's Player is John. Enjoy tooting your own horn of unsuccess.
Former 80s Player

Georgetown, KY

#361 Nov 17, 2012
Nope, not John. But if that makes you feel better about yourself to think so, then by all means have at it.

Also makes it easier to try to hide your agenda...
yep

Prestonsburg, KY

#362 Nov 18, 2012
If you will check most teams that win it all have picked up 2 or 3 skilled players that can make the difference. Add 3 or 4 to purg and lookout. Look at coach cal,he is what he recruits.
Class89

Prestonsburg, KY

#363 Nov 19, 2012
Saw on KHSAA that the basketball team doesn't have a game in week 1. I assume thats because the coaching staff will be attending the football finals. Looks like they have their priorities in line. And who ever made the schedule is an idiot. Open with a district game. I predict a 10-22 season and 6 of those wins will be against Piarist, South Floyd and Allen Central.
THEORIGINAL

Charlotte, NC

#364 Nov 19, 2012
Class89 wrote:
Saw on KHSAA that the basketball team doesn't have a game in week 1. I assume thats because the coaching staff will be attending the football finals. Looks like they have their priorities in line. And who ever made the schedule is an idiot. Open with a district game. I predict a 10-22 season and 6 of those wins will be against Piarist, South Floyd and Allen Central.
That seems like proper planning. I would be curious to what you do for a living?
chickenpoo

Logan, WV

#365 Nov 19, 2012
Class89 wrote:
Ole class of 89 surfaces again.... Come on down to practice you can help out.... oh yeah,you cant you couldnt hide behind the keyboard then,,,, what a joke
Class89

Prestonsburg, KY

#366 Nov 19, 2012
Don't see why you guys/gals get so upset over my post. They are accurate with no bullcrap. Do you guys/gals agree that its smart to open up with a district game? Do you agree that you shouldn't schedule a game in the 1st week if you know that on day 1 of week 2 is a district game? If so you are in the same boat as the person who made the schedule. And the reason for no game in the 1st week is the coach will be in Bowling Green idealizing those who get to play rather than watch every year.
Truth

Charlotte, NC

#367 Nov 19, 2012
So he planned on not being available for the week and planned for it. What's the problem? All coaches and ads do the same everywhere at every level. Once again it is your opinion not fact as usual. Stick to drawing a check and riding the bench not t trying to run a sports program.
no joke

Prestonsburg, KY

#368 Nov 20, 2012
Parent wrote:
Maybe someone can get the steroids flowing again!!!!
from what my son had told me that alex kid was on them and tryed to get some of them to take them with him but only 2 would. If more had done steroids with him we might have won more games

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Van Lear Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paul Deaton 1 min sad 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min Strel 163,415
Brandon Gearheart Girls Basketball 28 min Parent 128
Last post wins (Nov '10) 38 min Alex Nicole 25,745
Hammond Five is alive (Oct '11) 42 min Alex Nicole 16,702
David and Rhonda Arrowood 1 hr handy randy 1
Nutrisystem a joke 2 hr sunshine 3

West Van Lear Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Van Lear Mortgages