Rail-trail plans on track, state officials say

Sep 6, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Planning

By Carrie Stambaugh, The Daily Independent, Ashland, Ky. Sept. 05--PAINTSVILLE -- The Dawkins Line project that will convert 36 miles of former railroad line through three eastern Kentucky counties into a multiuse trail is moving forward despite opposition, state park officials said last week.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Biker

Van Lear, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

Judged:

Long Lost Cousin wrote:
Why are people so against something to do around here, beisides picking up a check and taking pills?
If people want to steal your stuff or be "drunk" in your yard, they will, trail or no trail. The trail will not draw that type of crowd. The crowd you speak of already rides ATVs on the road, through people's farms, on logging and oil well roads without consent anyway.
Dont you know thats its always the ones that actually have nothing thats worried that someones gunna "steal" something?
Long Lost Cousin

Canonsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

Judged:

Biker wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont you know thats its always the ones that actually have nothing thats worried that someones gunna "steal" something?
Great point...
You sure would not want some bike rider to steal your garbage bags full of beer cans.
jom

Wheelwright, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2011

Yay
images

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2011

Hope somebody has been, is and will be documenting the project with images of picture or video.

A sad amount of easy to find information about this project is currently available. Those involved with making it happen need to share more information. This here internets would be a great way to do that.
Coal Miners Daughter

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2011

What exactly is a rail trail anyway ??
drunk taco

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2011

Coal Miners Daughter wrote:
What exactly is a rail trail anyway ??
G O O G E L its and see.
justin

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

My boy and I did a little over 6.5 miles of this trail today. Its not finished yet but it is getting close. It was an easy walk, lots of trash for the first few miles but then it wasn't bad. A few dogs, most were in pens, tied up or just to old to do any harm. I hope the trail gets used. As far as the land owners are concerned, the ones that own the land now have never had rights to it. Is been in rail road hands for over 100 years. they didn't lose any thing. The hikers, bikers and horseman are not going to trash it is cause any harm.
haha

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

What about the horse poop and the deep hoof indentions ? I know a bike ride would be very rough after the horses are through with it,.
just how

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Just how badly horse damaged is the rock surface? It needs to be packed and smooth for biking and walking. Churned loose gravel with holes is not ideal for wheels or shoes. Human shoes that is....
who

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

some people is going to complain no matter what kind of entertainment is put in that why kids has nothing to do it was build to give the adult and kids some thing to do its very pretty scenery and the rail road has spent tons of money to fix it so i think people should enjoy it not complain horses are beautiful animals and crap like this way apple day is a joke now.
lol

Van Lear, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

who wrote:
some people is going to complain no matter what kind of entertainment is put in that why kids has nothing to do it was build to give the adult and kids some thing to do its very pretty scenery and the rail road has spent tons of money to fix it so i think people should enjoy it not complain horses are beautiful animals and crap like this way apple day is a joke now.
You have no clue do you to the reality that no one is going to travel to walk or ride this trail with trash in the trees and along its path. I saw two big mcdonalds bags and a miller lite box laying on it the other day and yea the horses or tearing it to bits next up near riceville and swamp branch. you cant ride a bike on that. just not going to work here in this area. In Va you never see trash on the roads like you see here in KY. So if you think this area is going to get some pride and not trash this trail too.. Lordy do you have a rude awakening.
who

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

why didn't you do good thing and pick it up if this is important to you or are you just one of them nosy trouble maker i rode a 4 wheeler all thru this summer and it was beautiful and i didn't see no trash.
justin

Hagerhill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

The hoof prints on the trail were fine. You can still ride your mountain bike on it no problem. The area is beautiful but if you didn't see any trash your blind or have gotten so used to it you no longer notice it. The worst thing I saw was the gutter from the dog kennel right to the creek. Since when has it ever been okay to put your dog crap into a creek?
BIKER BOB

Van Lear, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

justin wrote:
The hoof prints on the trail were fine. You can still ride your mountain bike on it no problem. The area is beautiful but if you didn't see any trash your blind or have gotten so used to it you no longer notice it. The worst thing I saw was the gutter from the dog kennel right to the creek. Since when has it ever been okay to put your dog crap into a creek?
Why dont you go over and offer some assistance in buildint a better shyt pit with the owner?
who

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

this person is not wanting to do any thing but bitch so guess you should call the rail road and the county judge and tell you dont like dog crap or horse crap or McDonald bags laying in your little walk path or could you step over to the side this is not the recreation center nor do i think it will do you any good to complain
tax payer

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

looks like another waste of money by the state gov.
going to be an unsafe area horses 4 wheelers,bicycles and people crossing roads will lead to accidents.
it needs to be a trail for walkers and maybe bicycles. or just horses or just 4 wheelers.all 4 is a bad combination.4 wheelers will spoke horses and tear up the trail, horses do their business where ever they need to. and people will leave trash beer bottles and such. who is going to keep it graded and compacted and cleaned up.
should have used money to build more than one trail on old strip mines or at the lake. then would not have to use all that rock. just another example of tax money going to big contracters and politicans getting their pockets full
Cyclist

Van Lear, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

tax payer wrote:
looks like another waste of money by the state gov.
going to be an unsafe area horses 4 wheelers,bicycles and people crossing roads will lead to accidents.
it needs to be a trail for walkers and maybe bicycles. or just horses or just 4 wheelers.all 4 is a bad combination.4 wheelers will spoke horses and tear up the trail, horses do their business where ever they need to. and people will leave trash beer bottles and such. who is going to keep it graded and compacted and cleaned up.
should have used money to build more than one trail on old strip mines or at the lake. then would not have to use all that rock. just another example of tax money going to big contracters and politicans getting their pockets full
I'm an avid bicyclist and ride all over the united states on roads bike paths and trails.This trail was intended to be pathed with asphalt and should be.those of you who sit back and cry about trash and so forth should be part of the solution and not the problem, Get off your lazy ass and pick it up. walk the path and pick it up and get some exercise.
lol

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Cyclist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an avid bicyclist and ride all over the united states on roads bike paths and trails.This trail was intended to be pathed with asphalt and should be.those of you who sit back and cry about trash and so forth should be part of the solution and not the problem, Get off your lazy ass and pick it up. walk the path and pick it up and get some exercise.
No asphalt just gravel. Trash still hanging in the trees and creeks from the tornado. thought FEMA was suppose to clean it up.
Cyclist

Van Lear, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

gotta complaint? send it here.
http://www.kyrailtrail.org/contact/ #

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

West Van Lear Jobs

•••
•••
•••

West Van Lear People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance