Murder, or accidental shooting?

Aug 1, 2008 Full story: Yakima Herald-Republic 1,038

Defendant Michael Spencer, left, and defense attorney John Crowley watch witnesses testifity during Spencer's trial on Thursday, July 31, 2008.

Full Story
First Prev
of 52
Next Last
TY S

Medford, OR

#1 Aug 1, 2008
YOU WOULD THINK THAT HER FAMILY,WOULDN'T LIE THE WAY THEY ARE WHEN THE PERSON THEIR TRYING TO GET SENT AWAY FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE, WAS LOVED MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY BY BECCA. HER MOM HAS ALWAYS BEEN SELFISH AND IT'S SAD TO SEE THAT SHE CONTINUES HER GRUDGE TWARDS MICHEAL WHEN SHE KNOWS THAT THERE IS NO WAY THAT MIKE SHOOT BECCA ON PURPOSE. I DO REALLY FILL BAD ABOUT HER LOSS AND KNOW NO MOM OR DAD SHOULD EVER HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS, BUT I KNOW THE TATUM FAMILY AND THEY ARE UP AND OVER THE DISFUNCTIONAL AND DEGENERATE OF SOCIETY. WHO JUST TELLS THEIR GRANDCHILDREN THAT THEIR DADDYS A KILLER AND THAT HE KILLED THEIR MOTHER AND HE IS A EVIL DAD,OVER AND OVER TO AN 5 AND 2 YEAR OLD. SHE COULD OF SLIPPED AND FELL AND NO MATTER WHAT, THEY WOULD SAY MIKE KILLED HER THEY RESENT HIM VERY MUCH SO, AND I REALLY BELIVE ITS BECAUSE HE WAS GIVING HER A LIFE THAT THEY NEVER COULD AS WELL AS ENVED.
Allie

Santa Barbara, CA

#2 Aug 4, 2008
Ty Spencer can berate the Tatum family as being
dysfunctional. I don't know the Tatum's but have
been involved w/ the Spencer family for over 30 yrs
& if you want to know Michael Spencer, he is the sum total of an OVER the top dysfunctional family.
And I might add degenerates of society. Why do they
keep on breeding?
Becca had a restraining order against Michael. Becca didn't slip. I think Michael will be convicted of murder, SO NO It's not because they envied the life
Michael "could" have given her. What hogwash!
Mandy

Kennewick, WA

#3 Aug 4, 2008
Ty S is not berating the Tatum family at all. The Tatum's have been disrespectful to say the least to the Spencer family, not just Michael but to his parents and family members. The Spencer's are the ones that let Becca live with them since she was 15. They are the ones that have helped them raise their kids. As you stated you do not know the Tatum's so for you to say anything about them is not fair. They are a dysfunctional family and they are not a good influence on those babies. The judge obviously agree with that or Michael's parents wouldn't have custody of them. You say you know the Spencer's, well I don't believe that. If you knew that family you would know how loving and caring they are. Michael would never have hurt Becca on purpose, absolutely never!!! They loved each other very much. This is a very sad accident that happened and it was an accident. Anyone who knew her, loved her and is feeling a loss, a great loss. Her parents are feeling the greatest loss of all but that doesn't mean that the rest of her family, including the Spencer's and yes they were her family, aren't feeling a loss as well.
TY SANBORN

Grants Pass, OR

#4 Aug 5, 2008
FIRST OF ALL MY LAST NAME IS SANBORN AS IF THAT MATTERS, I WOULD CARRY THE SPENCER NAME AS PROUD AS I HOLD MY OWN. YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT KNOW THE SPENCERS OR YOU WOULD NEVER HAVE WROTE THE THINGS YOU DID. YOU SEEM TO HAVE ISSUES YOURSELF,"WHY DO THEY KEEP ON BREEDING" YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS. FINDING SOMEONE YOU WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITH, AND CHOOSING TO CONSEEVE CHILDERN IS A BEAUTIFULL AND WONDERFULL GIFT; AND FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN, THAT IS WHAT ALL OF THE SPENCERS LOVE TO DO. MICHEAL AND BECCA CONTRIBUTED TWO WONDERFULL BABBIES TO THIS WORLD.I KNOW SHE DID NOT SLIP, WHAT I WAS GETTING AT WAS EVER SINCE MICHEAL AND BECCA TOLD HER MOM AND LEVIE THEY DID NOT WANT HIS AND BECCAS BABIES STAYING AT THEIR HOUSE BECAUSE IT WAS AN UNSAFE ENVIRONMENT THEIR "BUS" THEY HAVE HAD IT OUT FOR HIM. HOLDING HIM TO BLAME. THIS ACCIDENT IS AS BAD AS THEY COME, AND TO ALL WHO DO NKOW MICHEAL KNOW IT WAS AN ACCIDENT. SADDLY THIS KIND OF THING HAPPENS A LOT MORE THAN ANYONE CAN PONDER. JUST BECAUSE THEY HAD ARGUEMENTS "LIKE THE REST OF US' FROM TIME TO TIME DOESN'T MEAN THIS WASN'T A HORRIBLE ACCIDENT.BE HONEST, IF YOU REALLY NEW OR KNOW MICHEAL YOU NO HE COULDENT INTENTIONALY HURT AN ANIMAL LET ALONE THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE AND HIS BABIES MOTHER! LORD PLEASE HELP REUNITE MICHEAL WITH HIS BABIES AS THEY NEED THEIR FATHER AS MUCH AS HE NEEDS THEM AMEN.
Allie

Santa Barbara, CA

#5 Aug 5, 2008
Ty,

I was married briefly to your Uncle Earl who

came into my employment & tried to choke me.

Fortunately, many people came to my rescue.

The Spencer men have had a real problem w/ trying

to control their temper.
Shannon

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Aug 7, 2008
Allie- There must have been some redeemeing qualities about Earl or you would NOT have married him. Also, you were quick to say it would be unfair of you to judge the Tatums because you did not know them, but you had no problem judging Micheal, who you also do not know. Anyone who truly loves those two little children would NOT talk about their father in such a destructive way around them. That is out right mental abuse. Every one makes mistakes, some just have more dire consequences than others and Michael will have to live with that for the rest of his life, wheter he is convicted or not, but why do you feel the need to judge him based on your terrible experiance with one of many relatives.
I have known the extended family of Michael for 18 years and they are kind and loving people. People who would help anyone who needed it. I am sorry for your terrible first marriage, no one has the right to do something like that, but anyone who has met Micheal and Becca know this situation for what it is..........an acccident.
Allie

Santa Barbara, CA

#7 Aug 7, 2008
Shannon,
You make some valid points. Ike & Bev were always
polite to me & I thought it was great that Michael
& Becca named their daughter Summer.
Yes, everyone makes mistakes. BUT if someone killed MY daughter, I'd be pretty damn upset too!!!
Esp when I read that Becca was going to leave Michael that night, so why did she end up dead?
As far as Earl Spencer is concerned, he swept me off
my feet & wouldn't take NO for an answer. Yes, he
had some redeeming qualities, but it wasn't until
I was around him & his family more that I decided I had to leave.
Ty, I saw Earl hit your Grandmother in the face, so yes, I do have issues...since you pointed that out.
Michael seems to have a lot of support So, if it
truly was an accident, I support you all.
I'm praying for Payton & Summer.
Shannon Colville WA

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Aug 7, 2008
Allie -
I agree that the Tatums have been ripped apart by the death of their daughter. And I truly believe that this case has been handeled badly in the media. Those who were in the court room heard a very different story and it is sad that the media outlets have made this such a one sided case. I realize that if that is your only source of information, you would feel just as you did. Please just pray for everyone involved especially Payton and Summer.
THP

United States

#9 Aug 7, 2008
Drugs and guns don't mix !!!!!!!!
u have no clue

Grandview, WA

#10 Aug 8, 2008
TY S wrote:
YOU WOULD THINK THAT HER FAMILY,WOULDN'T LIE THE WAY THEY ARE WHEN THE PERSON THEIR TRYING TO GET SENT AWAY FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE, WAS LOVED MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY BY BECCA. HER MOM HAS ALWAYS BEEN SELFISH AND IT'S SAD TO SEE THAT SHE CONTINUES HER GRUDGE TWARDS MICHEAL WHEN SHE KNOWS THAT THERE IS NO WAY THAT MIKE SHOOT BECCA ON PURPOSE. I DO REALLY FILL BAD ABOUT HER LOSS AND KNOW NO MOM OR DAD SHOULD EVER HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS, BUT I KNOW THE TATUM FAMILY AND THEY ARE UP AND OVER THE DISFUNCTIONAL AND DEGENERATE OF SOCIETY. WHO JUST TELLS THEIR GRANDCHILDREN THAT THEIR DADDYS A KILLER AND THAT HE KILLED THEIR MOTHER AND HE IS A EVIL DAD,OVER AND OVER TO AN 5 AND 2 YEAR OLD. SHE COULD OF SLIPPED AND FELL AND NO MATTER WHAT, THEY WOULD SAY MIKE KILLED HER THEY RESENT HIM VERY MUCH SO, AND I REALLY BELIVE ITS BECAUSE HE WAS GIVING HER A LIFE THAT THEY NEVER COULD AS WELL AS ENVED.
look idk who u are but u have no idea what the hell u are talking about mike is a sick mother !@#@#$$Z%Z and he deserves life in prison for killing becca he abused her and i know this for a fact i have known her since we were children.. and as far as what u are saying about her mother u could not be more wrong she loves her daughter and everyone knows that!
u have no clue

Grandview, WA

#11 Aug 8, 2008
THP wrote:
Drugs and guns don't mix !!!!!!!!
i could not have said it better!
u have no clue

Grandview, WA

#12 Aug 8, 2008
ok well u know this has to be said i am so outraged for one becca is the one who supported mike for years so how did he help her??? by smoking up all the money????huh or staying gone for days slepping with other women?????? and as far as his family goes i know of more then one time when they also lived off beccas money...and mikes dad is a psycho and miked learned all about how to treat a women from watching his father. look he already has one of his kids in prision and now another on his way! good job spencers u raised some winners!!!!!!!!!!
carmen spencer

Newport, OR

#13 Aug 8, 2008
Allie, What is your real name, Honesty is the best policy. I mean really what is there to be afraid of.
Mandy

Yakima, WA

#14 Aug 8, 2008
You copy and paste but obviously don't read too well. Ty never said her mom didn't love her, he actually said he does feel bad for her loss and know mom or dad should have to go through losing a child. The issue here is how they are treating their grandkids and what they are putting them through!!!! It isn't right and it needs to flat out stop!!!!!!!!! There isn't a question of loss or how sad this accident is!!!!! But accident it was and that is known by all who know Michael!!You tell me what the difference is of the man working or the woman working. If you choose to be a single income family and one person is staying home with the kids it doesn't matter which one. We are in the 21st century here!!! Michael had been telling Becca that he wanted to get a job and let her stay home with the kids and go back to school, there is more than one witness to this conversations. It is something they were both discussing. She had been supporting him and at times his parents helped support them as well!!!!
Tabitha

Yakima, WA

#15 Aug 8, 2008
You know what......regardless of all your negative accusations you have towards mine, Ty's, Mandy's and Carmens family, I have to say this..... what happend today in that court room was Michael gets to come home. Does that mean he still isnt going to greive over Becca not being able to watch her children grow with him....NO. Im not going to say by any means that Michael is perfect....none of us are. But you and all our family and Becca's family in our hearts know that Becca would not want Michael to be behind bars for the rest of his life. I honestly beleive she she watched this whole trial from heaven and if it wasnt for her and the truth Michael would still be behind bars. The Tatums would have made sure everything that Becca would not have wanted for Michael (him going to prison)after her death to happen to happen.
THP

Long Beach, WA

#16 Aug 8, 2008
SAD!!!!!!! He needs rehab!!!!

Why had his drugs not been an issue??? People on drugs do bad things. Maybe he didn't mean to kill her or felt bad once sober, but drugs steal your mind. People on drugs do stupid things everyday, I guess he'll have to answer to a greater Judge than those in Yakima.

RIP Becca and Baby

BTW no one is purfect, but most of us don't get high and kill our loved ones either. I think the system failed not to order some sort of rehab.
just me

Spokane, WA

#17 Aug 8, 2008
peace be with you and your family most of all your babies take good care of them ....love you your cousin
becca deserves justice

Mosheim, TN

#18 Aug 8, 2008
For all you people that are on the Spencers side obviously didnt know Becca that well. She had been telling a few people for weeks that she was leaving and Mike the Murderer got pissed and murdered her. Jelousy is what killed Becca. Mike told Becca on many of occations that if he couldnt have her no one could. I have known the Tatum family for years and they have never been disfunctional. They raised two girls that have never been in trouble with the law. Look at his kids. One in Prison and the other a murderer!What is the dael there??? The Spencers need to stop having kids or they will become murderers as well. So think sbout that Spencer Family!!!

KEEP THIS IN MIND: KARMA IS A BITCH AND IT WILL BIITE U IN THE ASS!!
selah

Kennewick, WA

#19 Aug 8, 2008
you got your head in the wrong place go look in the mirror and ask yourself what you have done as SPENCERS HAVE DONE NO WRONG, SO LET IT REST AND GET A LIFE.ALL THIS GARBAGE TALK WILL NOT GAIN A THING SORRY FOR YOU LOSS BUT ITS TIME YOU LET HER REST IN PEACE .
selah

Kennewick, WA

#20 Aug 8, 2008
And the nerve of you to talk about drugs clean your own door step befor down grading others.

MAY GOD BE WITH YOU ALL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 52
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Selah Resident Sat primetime777 1
Violent Gang Problem Plagues Rural Northwest (Oct '07) Feb 18 Evergreen Valley ... 371
YCSO, Cold Justice speak out about Bailey arrest Jan '15 Alan Sageback 1
Review: Best Practices Family Healthcare Clinic Jan '15 Nenalo 1
searching For a certain man= Jan '15 pressles 2
Redheads for Skype? Jan '15 Luke 1
nudes via email? Nov '14 Ntrades 1
West Valley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:18 pm PST

ESPN12:18PM
Lynch on SB call: 'I was expecting the ball'
Bleacher Report12:22 PM
Report: Raiders to Release LB LaMarr Woodley
Bleacher Report 1:10 PM
Marshawn on SB: 'I Was Expecting the Ball'
NFL 1:26 PM
Raiders to cut ties with LaMarr Woodley after one year
NBC Sports 2:37 PM
Marshawn Lynch seems to think someone didn't want him to be the "face of the nation"