Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31996 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18961 Nov 24, 2012
Finally, a post about the topic of this thread:

Are Mormons Christian:

http://www.ldsvideo.org/2011/07/is-mormonism-...
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18962 Nov 24, 2012
As certain (gassy) people believe that NoMo and I are just full of garbage rants, I'll just continue posting the well-researched content of the LDS Video
Encyclopedia. That way nobody has to listen to me personally. They can instead listen to the videos that have great graphics, plenty of citations, and evidence with which to back them up.

Yes, those who live alone off the grid can ramble, instead I will link.

For starters, here's a nice discussion of the multiple versions of Joseph Smith's first vision, a.k.a. Joseph's Myth:

http://www.ldsvideo.org/2011/02/first-vision....

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#18963 Nov 24, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
As certain (gassy) people believe that NoMo and I are just full of garbage rants, I'll just continue posting the well-researched content of the LDS Video
Encyclopedia. That way nobody has to listen to me personally. They can instead listen to the videos that have great graphics, plenty of citations, and evidence with which to back them up.

For starters, here's a nice discussion of the multiple versions of Joseph Smith's first vision, a.k.a. Joseph's Myth:

Lol...Great site, btw:)

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#18964 Nov 24, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lolol...now that's some twisted reasoning...lol. But I well understand that comes from your mental disorder of not being able to understand simple logic.
You're the one with the mental disorder, advocating abuse, and supporting the abusers. Like most bigots, you logic isn't simple, it retarded. Blinded by your need to force everyone to fall in line with what you think should be correct and not giving a God damn about anyone else or anybody. How dare anyone have a thought that disagrees with yours. How dare any one want to be what God created them to be, and not stand for the shit you and other ignorant like minded people demand we should be. How dare we say God damn to organizations like the LDS church that teach and foster the hatred. Giving justification for ignorance and creating the hostle atmosphere that is causing those kids self hatred and the desire to kill themselves. God forbid, accoding to you, some dare tell them that God loves them and that they are wonderfully made. How dare we actually have people who don't see a gay child and not just want to beat the shit out of them for being what God made them. How dare we have people who fights for them and their well being while shitass pigs like yourself want to take them somewhere and f**k up their brains until they are totally dysfunctional and living a life of complete misery. But that is OK because some old senile impotent SOB's in SLC say that is the way God said it should be.

And this moron wonders why we spend so much time attacking such garbage that claims to be the church of Jesus Christ.

This level of hatred has to come from someone who fears their own desire to suck dick. He has already admitted in a earlier post he hasn't had sex with his wife in years. She is probably grateful for that.

Location hidden

#18965 Nov 24, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>You're the one with the mental disorder, advocating abuse, and supporting the abusers. Like most bigots, you logic isn't simple, it retarded. Blinded by your need to force everyone to fall in line with what you think should be correct and not giving a God damn about anyone else or anybody. How dare anyone have a thought that disagrees with yours. How dare any one want to be what God created them to be, and not stand for the shit you and other ignorant like minded people demand we should be. How dare we say God damn to organizations like the LDS church that teach and foster the hatred. Giving justification for ignorance and creating the hostle atmosphere that is causing those kids self hatred and the desire to kill themselves. God forbid, accoding to you, some dare tell them that God loves them and that they are wonderfully made. How dare we actually have people who don't see a gay child and not just want to beat the shit out of them for being what God made them. How dare we have people who fights for them and their well being while shitass pigs like yourself want to take them somewhere and f**k up their brains until they are totally dysfunctional and living a life of complete misery. But that is OK because some old senile impotent SOB's in SLC say that is the way God said it should be.

And this moron wonders why we spend so much time attacking such garbage that claims to be the church of Jesus Christ.

This level of hatred has to come from someone who fears their own desire to suck dick. He has already admitted in a earlier post he hasn't had sex with his wife in years. She is probably grateful for that.
He also said he was bi..obviously loathing part of himself, he wants to make sure everyone is as miserable as he is.
..and ur post is beautiful:)

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#18966 Nov 24, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
He also said he was bi..obviously loathing part of himself, he wants to make sure everyone is as miserable as he is.
..and ur post is beautiful:)
I just can't believe his audacity, and out & out willful ignorance. Is there a light on there? We have to wonder.

Location hidden

#18967 Nov 24, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>I just can't believe his audacity, and out & out willful ignorance. Is there a light on there? We have to wonder.
It's a strobe light.

Location hidden

#18968 Nov 24, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:

Did u watch the polygamist one? Love this site!

Location hidden

#18969 Nov 24, 2012
Remove southern baptist and insert Lds...hate is hate. If u don't support it, make it STOP.

&sn s=em

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#18971 Nov 25, 2012
NoMo wrote:
Remove southern baptist and insert Lds...hate is hate. If u don't support it, make it STOP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-DNz-0Z3EvsXX&sns=em
Bit of a hypocritical comment wouldn't you say?? I mean coming from you. You are right, hate is hate. That includes your hatred of Mormons I can honestly say, I can't think of a single person that I hate. Many that I dislike, but none that I hate. Do you know why that is Nomo?
It is because the love and salvation of Christ is offered to all. Even those I don't like. I refuse to place myself above Christ by not offering the same love and compassion that he does to all of his children. Including the ones that choose differently than me.

Location hidden

#18972 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Bit of a hypocritical comment wouldn't you say?? I mean coming from you. You are right, hate is hate. That includes your hatred of Mormons I can honestly say, I can't think of a single person that I hate. Many that I dislike, but none that I hate. Do you know why that is Nomo?
It is because the love and salvation of Christ is offered to all. Even those I don't like. I refuse to place myself above Christ by not offering the same love and compassion that he does to all of his children. Including the ones that choose differently than me.
Ur cult is causing people to kill themselves.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18973 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Bit of a hypocritical comment wouldn't you say?? I mean coming from you. You are right, hate is hate. That includes your hatred of Mormons I can honestly say, I can't think of a single person that I hate. Many that I dislike, but none that I hate. Do you know why that is Nomo?
Get off it. Mormons as people are not hated. The cult is hated. If you absorb the hate preaching and precepts of your cult you will not be highly regarded, but you will not be hated. It's the CULT, with its false teachings, racism, marginalization of people, barbaric torture and hatred of homosexuals, and driving people to suicide, not the PEOPLE. Learn to recognize the difference.

Your cult is not far off at all from Warren Jeffs and his FLDS group, but it is more mainstream. That said, it has not abandoned the essential doctrines that are at the root of the Jeffs cult. Joseph Smith, were he to be magically resurrected in this time and place, would be most familiar with Warren Jeffs and his cult, not Thomas Monson and your softer cult.

The fact that you spend your days waffling between allegiance to your cult and what you in your heart and mind know is right and moral speaks volumes. I hope in the end that your struggle takes you out of the false cult you're wrapped up in today, because you do have a lot of good within you. That said, when you start preaching from the cult manual, you're completely unbearable on here.

That said, I learned a lot from the abc 20/20 polygamy story aired on Friday. Here's a link to it.

http://abc.go.com/watch/2020/SH559026/VD55250...
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18974 Nov 25, 2012
This is quite humorous. NoMo, is there any shred of truth to this?

Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18975 Nov 25, 2012
LOL - here's a naming guide:

http://wesclark.com/ubn/
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18976 Nov 25, 2012
A great Conference Talk about Mormon History...

&fe ature=plcp

“I will not keep calm”

#18977 Nov 25, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur cult is causing people to kill themselves.
No matter your opinion, hate is hate :)

“I will not keep calm”

#18978 Nov 25, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
Get off it. Mormons as people are not hated. The cult is hated. If you absorb the hate preaching and precepts of your cult you will not be highly regarded, but you will not be hated. It's the CULT, with its false teachings, racism, marginalization of people, barbaric torture and hatred of homosexuals, and driving people to suicide, not the PEOPLE. Learn to recognize the difference.
Your cult is not far off at all from Warren Jeffs and his FLDS group, but it is more mainstream. That said, it has not abandoned the essential doctrines that are at the root of the Jeffs cult. Joseph Smith, were he to be magically resurrected in this time and place, would be most familiar with Warren Jeffs and his cult, not Thomas Monson and your softer cult.
The fact that you spend your days waffling between allegiance to your cult and what you in your heart and mind know is right and moral speaks volumes. I hope in the end that your struggle takes you out of the false cult you're wrapped up in today, because you do have a lot of good within you. That said, when you start preaching from the cult manual, you're completely unbearable on here.
That said, I learned a lot from the abc 20/20 polygamy story aired on Friday. Here's a link to it.
http://abc.go.com/watch/2020/SH559026/VD55250...
Now you see sugar dumpling, that is where you are wrong. You will notice that nomo never denied hating Mormons. I can understand how you can hate a practice but not the people as a whole, however in this case you are just wrong. You are right, there is a lot of good in me. Just as i'm sure there is a lot of good in most all people. I don't have a cult manual to preach from so all I can say to that is, I haven't a clue what you are talking about.
You can think what you like, I couldn't care less, just don't pretend that ol' Nomo isn't a Mormon hater. Which is a term I don't normally throw around. She hates everyone who doesn't believe EXACTLY as she does.
dr of cults

United States

#18979 Nov 25, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
A great Conference Talk about Mormon History...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =kHsvZooc4BcXX&feature=plc p
yes my friend.the mormons are indeed a cult.Their founder joe smith was a looney tune that made up a story of seeing god in a cave that gave hin gold tablets.Evidentaly he thought he was moses.Look at glenn beck he's a mormon and former drunk and crys on TV like a confused little bitchh.I rest my case buckwheat.

“I will not keep calm”

#18980 Nov 25, 2012
The word cult can most widely be defined as a group of People who hold the same religious beliefs.
In that regard: YES we are a cult. Along, with Baptist, Methodist, Catholics, ect.
Cults can be defined as those with unorthodox practices, however if is not the sole definition.
The end.

Location hidden

#18981 Nov 25, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
This is quite humorous. NoMo, is there any shred of truth to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BfIehCrO4ZsXX
Hahaha...totally true. U wouldn't believe some of the names and the spelling of those names of kids I've taught over the years:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Valley City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Nail Live Concert at Sandy, Utah (Salt La... Jul 25 davidlawson 2
News After convention discord, Utah GOP delegates ho... Jul 22 wormwood 2
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) Jul 21 dert 799
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) Jul 19 blow me 75
News Speaker to World Congress of Families: Don't la... (Oct '15) Jul 19 Bush Romney Boycott 26
News Police dog finds Utah boy who falls into manhole (Dec '14) Jun 29 CharleenHartley 19
Jayden Sterzer Jun '16 Wow 2

West Valley City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Valley City Mortgages