?

Bridgeport, WV

#1 Oct 4, 2011
Doddridge co. Ambulance on it's side rt.50 and I-79 leaving 1 dead!
ice tea

Wayside, WV

#2 Oct 5, 2011
who was driving ?
welcome to west union

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#3 Oct 5, 2011
laser , they faulted dc ems but I don't see how it could have been their fault he had his lights and siren on and the truck slammed right into the side of it...i heard the guy that died was bob wiseman ...but I'm not sure u know how rumors are here in west union !lol
concerned

Richmond, VA

#4 Oct 5, 2011
The ambluance was at fault because the code states that all emergency vehicles must make sure an intersection is clear before they proceed through it. Lights and sirens do not make you exempt from that traffic law. I feel bad for the driver and crew. unfortunately this will probably be another law suit for the DCEMS. Prayers to the family of the gentleman that died as a result of the accident. wvmetronews has the story.
citizen

United States

#5 Oct 5, 2011
Yes, it is very unfortunate. Accidents happen and unfortunately some have irrepairable damage such as the loss of life. And parties at fault must accept consequences when and if found to be responsible. However, let's just hope that Doddridge County's overzealous commission doesn't stick their nose into the investigation like they did several years ago, which lead to a fiasco when they launched a "Fact Finding Committee." Those idiots running the county have no concept of the fact that they should butt out and let the state agencies do their jobs in investigating the circumstances and making determinations... not a bunch of clueless commissioners on a witch hunt. Lord help the citizens if their commission decides to do that again!
?

United States

#6 Oct 5, 2011
welcome to west union wrote:
laser , they faulted dc ems but I don't see how it could have been their fault he had his lights and siren on and the truck slammed right into the side of it...i heard the guy that died was bob wiseman ...but I'm not sure u know how rumors are here in west union !lol
Now that the pt died the driver of the ambulance could be charged with vehicular homicide or vehicular manslaughter! Need to close that place down!!!
family and ems worker

Pennsboro, WV

#7 Oct 5, 2011
Ok first off, the news had it all wrong. As do a lot of people around the county. The patient was alive when Harrison ems took him to uhc. So the driver can not be charged with manslaughter or homicide involving a vehicle. Second of all the paramedic from company 60 aka the AA jumped out of the ambulance. how is that for the counties precious ambulance authority personal. would rather jump out of an ambulance rather than save the patient. as for the emt and the aid on dcems ambulance they stuck around with the patient. third and foremost the law states that before proceeding though a red light an emergency vehicle needs to have control of the intersection before proceeding. well when there is no vehicles in sight that usually means they have control if that pick up truck had not been flying up the ramp to get past the light before it turned red because of the ambulance turning the light red then he would not have hit the ambulance. As for the county of course they are tina stick their big fat noses in this its what they do best. If u look at the ambulance where it was struck u will relies that the ambulance was well into the intersection before being hit. like said not the ambulance drivers fault. prayers to the family and crew.
?

United States

#8 Oct 5, 2011
family and ems worker wrote:
Ok first off, the news had it all wrong. As do a lot of people around the county. The patient was alive when Harrison ems took him to uhc. So the driver can not be charged with manslaughter or homicide involving a vehicle. Second of all the paramedic from company 60 aka the AA jumped out of the ambulance. how is that for the counties precious ambulance authority personal. would rather jump out of an ambulance rather than save the patient. as for the emt and the aid on dcems ambulance they stuck around with the patient. third and foremost the law states that before proceeding though a red light an emergency vehicle needs to have control of the intersection before proceeding. well when there is no vehicles in sight that usually means they have control if that pick up truck had not been flying up the ramp to get past the light before it turned red because of the ambulance turning the light red then he would not have hit the ambulance. As for the county of course they are tina stick their big fat noses in this its what they do best. If u look at the ambulance where it was struck u will relies that the ambulance was well into the intersection before being hit. like said not the ambulance drivers fault. prayers to the family and crew.
If the ambulance had not wreaked the pt wouldn't have died! So as I see it the death was a direct result of the ambulance driver running the RED light, AND HE CAN BE CHARGED!!!
ice tea

Wolfcreek, WV

#9 Oct 7, 2011
charge a man for doing his job?(accident)look it up..
?

United States

#10 Oct 7, 2011
His job was to get the pt to the hospital safely! He can be charged you look it up!!!!
WOW

Barnesville, OH

#11 Apr 14, 2012
?, you sound like some other vengeful individuals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's get it out feeling sorry for the wife 43 min Jessica Williamson 9
biggest liar in PG 19 hr ruffnready 30
WV Industrial Home For Youth is now a joke (May '12) Sun Hollie Nuzum 64
Eric Winas Sun gas company welder 1
tramp Apr 27 april 4
Pine Grove Needs New Mayor (Jun '12) Apr 26 cougar 53
News Couple Arrested in California is Wanted for Que... (Nov '09) Apr 25 ARealFriend 36
More from around the web

West Union People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]