Shooting in West Union
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LovesClarksburg

Clarksburg, WV

#1 Sep 3, 2012
Anyone know details about a shooting on Rt 18 N ? Call came in at 6:00 pm to 911.
wth

United States

#2 Sep 3, 2012
3 dead
mora jay

United States

#3 Sep 3, 2012
Do u know what happened?
Dolly

Charleston, WV

#4 Sep 4, 2012
What happened? Who was it?
Doddridge News

West Union, WV

#5 Sep 4, 2012
latest info @ www.doddridgenews.com no names released yet, juvenile in custody.
sad day

Mount Crawford, VA

#6 Sep 4, 2012
Wtap news out of parkersburg is giving names & more details
sandie49

Bridgeport, WV

#7 Sep 4, 2012
sad day wrote:
Wtap news out of parkersburg is giving names & more details
So who is it?
Sweet Mingo

Ridgeview, WV

#8 Sep 4, 2012
http://www.thenewscenter.tv/news/headlines/Th...

School officials confirm one of the victims in a shooting in Doddridge County is a teacher in Ritchie County.

They say Dixie Spencer is one of the victims. She was a 7th grade science teacher at Ritchie County Middle School.

Other sources tell us her husband and young daughter were also shot. That daughter is a middle school student in Doddridge County.

They say the Spencer's juvenile son is the shooter.

School officials say he is a junior at Doddridge County High School.

Relief counselors are on hand today at Ritchie County Middle School and Doddridge County Schools.
aweful

Salem, WV

#9 Sep 4, 2012
aweful....to see this in our small community!!
Family

Derwood, MD

#10 Sep 4, 2012
whats really sad is to see how everyone seems to care at the moment but most of the people on here from what I can read are the reason kids etc end up being hurt the girl who hung herself they say is a victim of bullying now I wonder if everyone agrees that this forum and topix is a very bad idea? Almost everything on here is just plain hatefulness and bullying. I think everyone should pray for the familys that have been touched by these awful events but mabey everyone should step back and think about how they can help by showing a better example of how to treat people. Hate is hate. To the familys of these victims sorry for your loss God Bless.
Terry

Pennsboro, WV

#11 Sep 4, 2012
I agree with u 210-percent, what i do not understand is why NO ONE but me as i can see puts their name up here. this supposed to be a country where freedom of speech is A FREEDOM. And I am new to this computer , period. So i am NOT AFRAID TO PUT MY REAL NAME . TERRY MCGILL. My suggession to u guys, is to find another hobby besides people down, WOULD IT NOT BE A BORING WORLD IF WE WERE ALL PERFECT ?????????
Erika

Salem, WV

#12 Sep 4, 2012
Prayers to the family and people this affects... I hope OUR community can pull together and help one another!
Terry

Pennsboro, WV

#13 Sep 4, 2012
What are u people afraid of ? A complete PRETTY MUCH COMPLETE FAMILY WAS WIPED OUT ALL OVER ONE BIG MISTAKE MAYBE BY FAMILY OR DRUGS ?? who r we to judge . The thing I am trying to instill in u people is if u see someone acting out of sorts, step in and do something about it . I love my boys with everything in me, BUT DON'T U THINK I DID NOT WANT TAKE THEM OUT ,Because sometimes I had to check my own sanity which aint much left. But I did not react. Their lives are their own. You can not live their lives for them.
very sad

Port Republic, VA

#14 Sep 4, 2012
This is very sad did this family have troubles in the past this just could not of come out of the blue. Are they saying what the motive is
sierra

Bridgeport, WV

#15 Sep 4, 2012
SHE WAS A GREAT TEACHER! ALL OF US AT RITCHIE COUNTY MIDDLE SCOOL WILL MISS HER. I TRIED TO REMEMBER THAT FRIDAY IN CLASS BEFORE THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND AND I REMEMBERED TELLING HER A FUNNY STORY ABOUT MY MOM AND MRS SPENCER SMILED AT ME. I AM SAD THAT I WILL NEVER SEE HER AGAIN! MY PRAYERS ARE WITH HER OTHER FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND ALL THE STUDENTS THAT LOVED HER!
sierra

Bridgeport, WV

#16 Sep 4, 2012
All of us students at Ritchie middle scoop will miss her. She was a great teacher. I got on the bus this morning not knowing what had happened and my bff told me what happened I didn't believe her. I got to school and they said it was true. I tried to remember that Friday before the holiday weekend when I was in class with Mrs. Spencer. I remembered telling her a funny story about my mom and she smiled at me then moved onto the next student. I walked into her class today thinking I would see her and she wasn't there. I was so sad! She will be in my prayers and her family too. We will miss you Mrs. Spencer!
mike

Port Republic, VA

#17 Sep 4, 2012
sierra wrote:
All of us students at Ritchie middle scoop will miss her. She was a great teacher. I got on the bus this morning not knowing what had happened and my bff told me what happened I didn't believe her. I got to school and they said it was true. I tried to remember that Friday before the holiday weekend when I was in class with Mrs. Spencer. I remembered telling her a funny story about my mom and she smiled at me then moved onto the next student. I walked into her class today thinking I would see her and she wasn't there. I was so sad! She will be in my prayers and her family too. We will miss you Mrs. Spencer!
did they find out what happened why he would do this he is not that kind of kid
Truth

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Sep 5, 2012
Things were never good in that house. Their father was never home, when he was home all he did was scream at them. I've heard rumors that he was physically abusive, but I'd never seen any bruises on them. Their mom was horribly overbearing and pushed them way too hard to succeed. Their parents were always fighting and talking about divorce. Things were terrible.
He and another of the kids at least were involved in drugs. He'd talked about doing this before. But Doddridge County ignored it. That's what they're good at. They ignore everyone's problems, because they only care how fast you can run or if you can help them reach AYP.
And Dr. Kuhnes's comment about being unfortunate that Jo didn't die during it is horrendous. No principal should ever wish death upon a student, no matter what they've done.
Doddridge County needs an overhaul or things like will just keep happening.
mike

Port Republic, VA

#19 Sep 5, 2012
Truth wrote:
Things were never good in that house. Their father was never home, when he was home all he did was scream at them. I've heard rumors that he was physically abusive, but I'd never seen any bruises on them. Their mom was horribly overbearing and pushed them way too hard to succeed. Their parents were always fighting and talking about divorce. Things were terrible.
He and another of the kids at least were involved in drugs. He'd talked about doing this before. But Doddridge County ignored it. That's what they're good at. They ignore everyone's problems, because they only care how fast you can run or if you can help them reach AYP.
And Dr. Kuhnes's comment about being unfortunate that Jo didn't die during it is horrendous. No principal should ever wish death upon a student, no matter what they've done.
Doddridge County needs an overhaul or things like will just keep happening.
where did you see the video last thing I saw was just a little short piece not even giving names I have been at work and missed it please post a link
Sad

New Hope, VA

#20 Sep 5, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>where did you see the video last thing I saw was just a little short piece not even giving names I have been at work and missed it please post a link
very sad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr chris 4,319
Kim Voelker Sat Resident 8
cinders Sat Very true 3
DC Chamber Dec 14 Dontcha you think 11
trash at restaurants Dec 13 Resident 4
White farm house on 32 Dec 12 George Ramsy 1
Emily Pratt Dec 12 smh 3

West Union Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance