streets of west union
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
a crowley

Farmington, WV

#1 Dec 4, 2012
Are the streets ever going to be repaired in west union? Ive heard peoples cars are being damaged and paper carriers refuse to go on Blockhouse. Hill.Where does the money go they take in? My water and sewagebill has doubled, I never see the cop or street crew working......what gives?
Just a thought

West Union, WV

#2 Dec 4, 2012
Why can't West Union abolish the position of Chief of Police,(if that's possible under it's terms of incorporation) let the Sheriff's department do the patrol and police work and run the speed traps at NAPA etc.(they are already all over town anyway) and use the TREMENDOUS salary from Chief Evans, his pearl handled gun and vehicle expense to put into road repair and pay the sheriff or state police per call?

The water and sewer money goes to the Water board and not directly into town use except for water and sewer issues. It's the tax money that underwrites the Town's expenses like roads etc. With so many of the town's buildings not worth very much that leaves very little tax money coming back to the town from the county collections. They could raise taxes but the trickle we get back as a town don't make an increase worthwhile.

As far as city workers go, the current crew works for both the water/sewer dept. and the towns public works dept. Maybe a clear division between the two departments would make things more efficient. Actually with Mayor Billy Bob off licking his wounds waiting for uncle sam to cover his butt the new temp mayor and the new council person who stays awake and pays attention at meetings will cause some changes.

Change ... it might not have worked for Obama but it could sure work for West Union. And while there at it, they should throw that supervisor at the water sewer plant a raise to cover his long commute ...
its me

Clarksburg, WV

#3 Dec 5, 2012
you have no idea what your even talking about. To start with the sheriffs ofice dont do anything. there is no such person as chief evans, there is however a Chief Turner who is really the only one here that does his job. So if you want to save money here my suggestion would be to cut back on deputies, fire dwayne at the sewer plant fire walter the so called superviser, let miss eda make all the calls on what happens here. And most important dont start a post when you dont really know what the hell your talking about. Have a nice day!
a crowley

Fairmont, WV

#4 Dec 5, 2012
If so, why does the sherriff 's department seem to show up on most calls? Icould count on both hands how many times I have seen the "cheif "(cheif over who?) In the last 5years.It would be nice to see a housecleanig on everyone.It is ridiculous when everyone is getting car damage in areas of town.Ive read in the paper where there have been grants.To widen the streets, repairs ....where did it go.?not on certain areas of town and oh my don't call and complain it will never be repaired.Blockhouse 's problem is Mr. Rich dude having to bring in all the oil work.poor people over there aren't ever going to get relief, everytime an oil truck goes up more road breaks down.......
Terry McGill

Pennsboro, WV

#5 Dec 5, 2012
its me wrote:
you have no idea what your even talking about. To start with the sheriffs ofice dont do anything. there is no such person as chief evans, there is however a Chief Turner who is really the only one here that does his job. So if you want to save money here my suggestion would be to cut back on deputies, fire dwayne at the sewer plant fire walter the so called superviser, let miss eda make all the calls on what happens here. And most important dont start a post when you dont really know what the hell your talking about. Have a nice day!
I agree with u 110%, but I have had a water leak seeping over here for a week now, have called Walter and the water office and was told that it would be this week sometime. SO how long does it take to come up Amanda Lea Lane and check it out ?
a crowley

Fairmont, WV

#6 Dec 5, 2012
They came to my yard at least once a month, checking out water draining from my yard, swearing I had a sewer leak, found out it was ordinary drainage, no leaks anywhere.If I would call for a real leak, I would get told off by Walter. It seems like if anyone complains you are ignored,spitefully. Sewage can run down the streets, but if it is in your yard, that has to be repaired instantly.Toilet tissue coming up out of the road isn't normal, soapy water running down a hill isn'normal,you are told you are imagining it.not right
Terry McGill

Pennsboro, WV

#7 Dec 5, 2012
Oh and by the way I talked to a retired person from the town. It seems they have no one that knows how to run a backhoe, which my dad has been more than generous in helping them out in that sense . But this is my water leak in my yard and I do know how to work a shovel.All I need to know is where it is leaking and I cannot even get anybody over here to tell me where it is at !!!! Not meaning to piss anybody off but now i am !!! And unlike so many people around here I am not afraid to say who I am and voice my opinion, it is still a free country!!!
a crowley

Fairmont, WV

#8 Dec 5, 2012
Thank your father, they can be very spiteful it seems, more than one has said this.There is always aproblem with this truck or this piece of equiptment, and my water bill has doubled, why, I wonder, nothing is leaking, another raise in rates, but nothing is ever fixed!
Terry McGill

Pennsboro, WV

#9 Dec 5, 2012
a crowley wrote:
Thank your father, they can be very spiteful it seems, more than one has said this.There is always aproblem with this truck or this piece of equiptment, and my water bill has doubled, why, I wonder, nothing is leaking, another raise in rates, but nothing is ever fixed!
Thank you for that, because my dad is the greatest person in my life and he would help anybody that he thought needed it.
Terry McGill

Pennsboro, WV

#10 Dec 5, 2012
a crowley wrote:
I agree with u about them being spiteful because i have been on the receiving end of that also !!
had it

Pennsboro, WV

#11 Dec 8, 2012
i have to get up and drive to the botton of blockhouse hill every day to get my paper at the winder box(which i had never heard of till now)the box is at blockhouse mandor,where you never know who is going to come out of that place,not to safe.i have called the paper office a 100 times and they said there driver had botton out on the hill,sure is a sorry place when you paid for your paper to come to your house,what will be next the mail,what do we have to do to get our st.fixed? we live in town not out in the co. they say they dont have the money,well when will they?i guess we all better find a place to park at the botten of the hill, because soon they will have yo close the road down.
a crowley

Wheeling, WV

#12 Dec 8, 2012
They are never going to fix our streets, its always been this way with "tell what they wanna hear, pacify them "my uncle was on the council in the 80's and talked of the notorious list of people they gave the cop not to bother.It's acrooked town and it always will be.when they are told who to pick on and who to ignore! They will not fix Blockhouse according to "rumours ",because of people complaining so much over there.spitework, plain and simple.Those gaslines are close to the the top of the ground and one. Big truck breaking it is not gonna be pretty.Sewage runs down that hill with soap suds, toilet paper and such, do they care? All that matters to them is grabbing that water bill money, I mean have a cop, pay that salary and never work? Where is the meters? No parking ticket money? Idiots
a crowley

Wheeling, WV

#13 Dec 8, 2012
And by the way looking at my water bill, why am I charged a late charge on a bill that isn't past due? Its on every bill, you have until the 20th to pay it, why a late charge? Don't pay you to ask them..........
Terry McGill

Pennsboro, WV

#14 Dec 8, 2012
a crowley wrote:
And by the way looking at my water bill, why am I charged a late charge on a bill that isn't past due? Its on every bill, you have until the 20th to pay it, why a late charge? Don't pay you to ask them..........
I always get the same thing. But i am usually late anyway.LOL
Rjay

Highland, MI

#15 Dec 11, 2012
When i lived on block house i would always see them working on roads that didnt exactly need it. i dont live there now but im sure it still needs work done to it. but they dont drive up nd down it so i doubt they give a shit cause its not there vehicles getting torn up. instead of patching a hole or two try actually fixing the road and dont half ass it
Omg people

West Union, WV

#16 Dec 11, 2012
Ummm...do u guys not realise the town is broke because of the two emergency programs we have?!?! The doddridge authority bankrupted this town. The volunteer program was doing fine then the towm got sued and they demanded that program be put into play with the towns money. Im not heartless I.understand the circumstances. But the town was makimg money (not rich or anything) but productive before.
OMG

United States

#17 Dec 12, 2012
Omg people wrote:
Ummm...do u guys not realise the town is broke because of the two emergency programs we have?!?! The doddridge authority bankrupted this town. The volunteer program was doing fine then the towm got sued and they demanded that program be put into play with the towns money. Im not heartless I.understand the circumstances. But the town was makimg money (not rich or anything) but productive before.
The county has nothing to do with the fixxing of the roads. This town has nothing doesn't have anthing with the EMS, the county. And things would be alt better if all the down falls wasn't always blamed on the AA. Over the years I have had ems respond to my family, and have also had the AA respond. I will continue to call 911 for the AA, I hear all the time EMS having to call the AA for back up. And just the other day they had to respond to their station because nobidy was there. They might of been on a call which is possible but it really makes you wonder. Bith if these agencies should just merge and provide both tyoes if service. There is no reason they shouldn't be able to coexist as 1 agency.
a crowley

Bridgeport, WV

#18 Dec 12, 2012
The ems will have to respond more, if someone falls in one of those Blockhouse holes or the gas line breaks over there, It is pretty much on top of the ground.Someone 's brakeline broke twice from going down one of those craters, yeah going down Blockhouse with no brakes might cause a ambulance call.There is no excuse for treating the people over there the way they do.They refuse to scrape the snow over therein wintertime, the people that live there usually do it.No excuse.
Terry McGill

Pennsboro, WV

#19 Dec 12, 2012
I am up for a street meeting. Everyone on here meet up on main street
friday in front of the city building. Well I guess that is not main street, but u know what I mean. You want get on here and complain without putting ur name , I am not afraid because they can't take away my birthdate. Stand up for what u believe in.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#20 Dec 12, 2012
omg!!! west union is the bestest awsomest sh-thole this side of the sh-tcreek ohio river!!! where else can ya go and fart just to hear the gosip of what made ya fart!! ha ha !! i love it !!!!
do farts have lumps?
i hate cheap sh-tpaper, i always seem to either poke my assh-le or scratch my assh-le and im seriously gettn sick of this sh-t!!
i sometimes fart in balloons untill they float away!!
i dont wear shoes anymore cause i just stick ducktape to my feet..
yup im a bad mama jama and thats how i roll!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 14 hr Bad ass visitor 1,342
Who is that? Jun 27 Curious 1
Water Main Breaks & Repairs Jun 27 West Union 2
Brock Douty Jun 21 ENOUGH IS ENOUGH 1
Tiffany Curtis Jun 21 Man with a plan 1
Gazebo and Willie's apartments on mainstreet Jun 20 Steve jobs 4
Looking for places to rent Jun 19 Pamela 3103 1

West Union Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance