Comments
8,701 - 8,720 of 30,456 Comments Last updated 38 min ago
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9476
Sep 21, 2012
 
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly what I said it was. It's an unfunded bill. It's also nothing but politics. Creating more government jobs.
Many police departments do give credit for being a vet when applying for a job. According to what I read, it seems as though the federal government wants to force locals who they can hire for cops or firemen. More government control. I don't think it's a federal government issue.
A fiend of mine has a son who is working with the Sheriffs department part-time. He was trying to get in with a local police department. It was hell, and he never got the job. Because police work is such an attractive career, people fight to get those jobs. They get the best of the best. Like my friends son, he spent a couple of years in college and still couldn't get a foot in the door. One of our suburbs here in Cleveland requires a minimum of four years in college, and they do get those applicants with no problem.
Without knowing the details, it seems to me we have affirmative action for vets proposed here. In other words, cities will be forced to bypass the best possible officers, and give vets who may not work out to be good cops the job.
But I have some other issues: first, the funding. According to Democrats, this is going to be funded by expected money. And what if that money doesn't materialize? So what, we tried. So why don't the Democrats get this money first and then bring this bill to the table? Why? Because the money isn't there.
According to your article, it will help vets get access to a computer and internet. Don't we have that now? I think we do. I believe it's called the public library and anybody can access the internet.
So what we have once again is Democrats using our veterans to get votes by trying to make the Republicans look bad. And if the Republicans cave in, it's bigger federal government with even more dependents. I do hope our vets are politically intelligent enough to see through this.
So let me get this straight. You don't have any problem borrowing a couple trillion dollars to send these people off to get their faces blown off but God Forbid we would have to borrow a billion to try to help them get jobs when they come back after being away a year or two. Good Christian Republican values.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9477
Sep 21, 2012
 
jonnie wrote:
John Kasich all the way, what did Strickland do but RUN this State into the GROUND, just like Obama has with the whole Country!
Congress is running the whole country in the Ground.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9478
Sep 21, 2012
 
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? I paid for them too. And trucking outfits pay the most for those roads YOU drive on.
So let me ask: what will stop global warming either in your opinion or your scientists? I would like to know. What should we do and how much will it cost? I would guess that we would see immediate results. Because in spite of all the money we dumped into this theory, it's gradually warming up as we keep implementing more and more green solutions. So not only does it not work, but it's going in the opposite direction.
So before I jump onboard with this global warming nonsense, I want to know that we need to do X, spend X amount of money, and we will see X results. Because from what I read, YOUR scientists stated that no matter what we do, there is no way to stop it.
It took a few years to cause the problem, it might take a few to try to remedy it. What is it with you people?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9479
Sep 21, 2012
 
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
NOTE FROM TRUSTEE BRAD MALT
BRAD MALT | SEPTEMBER 21, 2012
This morning, Gov. and Mrs. Romney filed their 2011 tax return with the IRS. At 3:00pm today, the Romney for President campaign will be posting the 2011 return online.
The complete 2011 tax return, with full schedules, statements, and attachments, will be made available with all other previously-disclosed information at www.mittromney.com/disclosure .
Also posted will be a notarized letter from the Romneys’ tax preparer, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP (PWC), giving a summary of tax rates from the Romneys’ tax returns for the 20-year period of 1990-2009.
In advance of the posting of these new documents, I wanted to provide some top-line details.
Regarding the newly-filed 2011 Tax Return:
In 2011, the Romneys paid $1,935,708 in taxes on $13,696,951 in mostly investment income.
The Romneys’ effective tax rate for 2011 was 14.1%.
The Romneys donated $4,020,772 to charity in 2011, amounting to nearly 30% of their income.
The Romneys claimed a deduction for $2.25 million of those charitable contributions.
The Romneys’ generous charitable donations in 2011 would have significantly reduced their tax obligation for the year. The Romneys thus limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the Governor's statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13% in income taxes in each of the last 10 years.
As with the 2010 tax return, the 2011 tax return will appear as four separate documents. It includes Governor and Mrs. Romney's Form 1040 as well as three underlying Massachusetts trusts detailing the sources of their income. Those are The W. Mitt Romney Blind Trust, The Ann D. Romney Blind Trust, and The Romney Family Trust.
The investments within the trusts are managed on a blind basis by me, the trustee. I have sole responsibility for making, holding and disposing of the investments.
Regarding the PWC letter covering the Romneys’ tax filings over 20 years, from 1990 – 2009:
In each year during the entire 20-year period, the Romneys owed both state and federal income taxes.
Over the entire 20-year period, the average annual effective federal tax rate was 20.20%.
Read more: http://www.wtam.com/cc-common/news/sections/n...
So over the stretch of 20 years, he paid 20%.
Mittens still has two years to Amend that Return and receive Credit for the other 2 million in Charitable Contributions and I am sure he will Amend it after he loses the Election.
That puts his Tax Rate at around 9%. Significantly less than we pay.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9480
Sep 21, 2012
 
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight. You don't have any problem borrowing a couple trillion dollars to send these people off to get their faces blown off but God Forbid we would have to borrow a billion to try to help them get jobs when they come back after being away a year or two. Good Christian Republican values.
Thank you. And that is really the bottom line isn't it? Isn't helping them to prepare for a job and assisting them in re entering Society, just as important as treating their Mental/Emotional wounds? Isn't that just part of the Cost Of War?
Shouldn't that be a part of the entire cost of War?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9481
Sep 21, 2012
 
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It does suck when people pull political favors for themselves:
Warren Buffett Wins Big In Keystone Pipeline Rejection
Buffett’s Burlington Northern Among Pipeline Winners
By Jim Efstathiou Jr.- Jan 23, 2012 6:04 PM ET
Warren Buffett’s Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC is among U.S. and Canadian railroads that stand to benefit from the Obama administration’s decision to reject TransCanada Corp.(TRP)’s Keystone XL oil pipeline permit.
With modest expansion, railroads can handle all new oil produced in western Canada through 2030, according to an analysis of the Keystone proposal by the U.S. State Department.
“Whatever people bring to us, we’re ready to haul,” Krista York-Wooley, a spokeswoman for Burlington Northern, a unit of Buffett’s Omaha, Nebraska-based Berkshire Hathaway Inc.(BRK/A), said in an interview. If Keystone XL “doesn’t happen, we’re here to haul.”
The State Department denied TransCanada a permit on Jan. 18, saying there was not enough time to study the proposal by Feb. 21, a deadline Congress imposed on President Barack Obama. Calgary-based TransCanada has said it intends to re-apply with a route that avoids an environmentally sensitive region of Nebraska, something the Obama administration encouraged.
The rail option, though costlier, would lessen the environmental impact, such as a loss of wetlands and agricultural productivity, compared to the pipeline, according to the State Department analysis. Greenhouse gas emissions, however, would be worse.
If completed, Keystone XL would deliver 700,000 barrels a day of crude from Alberta’s oil sands to refineries along the Gulf of Mexico, crossing 1,661 miles (2,673-kilometers) over Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-23/buff...
You're puffin smoke.

XL will be approved in due time.

Read the news.

woof
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9482
Sep 21, 2012
 
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It does suck when people pull political favors for themselves:
Warren Buffett Wins Big In Keystone Pipeline Rejection
Buffett’s Burlington Northern Among Pipeline Winners
By Jim Efstathiou Jr.- Jan 23, 2012 6:04 PM ET
Warren Buffett’s Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC is among U.S. and Canadian railroads that stand to benefit from the Obama administration’s decision to reject TransCanada Corp.(TRP)’s Keystone XL oil pipeline permit.
With modest expansion, railroads can handle all new oil produced in western Canada through 2030, according to an analysis of the Keystone proposal by the U.S. State Department.
“Whatever people bring to us, we’re ready to haul,” Krista York-Wooley, a spokeswoman for Burlington Northern, a unit of Buffett’s Omaha, Nebraska-based Berkshire Hathaway Inc.(BRK/A), said in an interview. If Keystone XL “doesn’t happen, we’re here to haul.”
The State Department denied TransCanada a permit on Jan. 18, saying there was not enough time to study the proposal by Feb. 21, a deadline Congress imposed on President Barack Obama. Calgary-based TransCanada has said it intends to re-apply with a route that avoids an environmentally sensitive region of Nebraska, something the Obama administration encouraged.
The rail option, though costlier, would lessen the environmental impact, such as a loss of wetlands and agricultural productivity, compared to the pipeline, according to the State Department analysis. Greenhouse gas emissions, however, would be worse.
If completed, Keystone XL would deliver 700,000 barrels a day of crude from Alberta’s oil sands to refineries along the Gulf of Mexico, crossing 1,661 miles (2,673-kilometers) over Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-23/buff...
James Watt-Sec of Interior under Reagan...
During 1980, President-elect Reagan chose Watt to be his Secretary of the Interior. He was soon after approved by the United States Senate.
Watt's tenure as Secretary of the Interior was controversial, resulting primarily from his alleged hostility to environmentalism and his endorsement of the development and use of federal lands by foresting, ranching, and other commercial interests
According to the environmental advocacy group Center for Biological Diversity, for more than two decades, Watt had the record for protecting the fewest species by the Endangered Species Act in United States history. The record was surpassed by Dirk Kempthorne, a George W. Bush appointee who, as of August 27, 2007, had not listed a single species in the 15 months since his confirmation.
Watt resisted accepting donations of private land to be used for conservation purposes.[7] He suggested that all 80 million acres (320,000 km²) of undeveloped land in the United States be opened for drilling and mining in the year 2000.[7] The area leased to coal mining companies quintupled during his term as Secretary of the Interior.[7] Watt boasted that he leased "a billion acres" (4 million km²) of U.S. coastal waters, even though only a small portion of that area would ever be drilled.[7] Watt once stated, "We will mine more, drill more, cut more timber."
During 1995, Watt was indicted on 25 counts of felony perjury and obstruction of justice by a federal grand jury.
b_town_bob

Keego Harbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9483
Sep 21, 2012
 
Michael Coleman
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9484
Sep 21, 2012
 
b_town_bob wrote:
Michael Coleman
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9485
Sep 21, 2012
 
More of hasbeen you...


This guy, like all of the Karl Rove faced Americans. look and act like just you and me...right?

Hey Christian Conservative Republicans. Keep your patriotic "Eagle" away from them toddlers.

Oil Church Priest hush money
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9486
Sep 22, 2012
 
b_town_bob wrote:
Michael Coleman
Gale Norton
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9487
Sep 22, 2012
 
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9488
Sep 22, 2012
 
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9489
Sep 22, 2012
 
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? I paid for them too. And trucking outfits pay the most for those roads YOU drive on.
So let me ask: what will stop global warming either in your opinion or your scientists? I would like to know. What should we do and how much will it cost? I would guess that we would see immediate results. Because in spite of all the money we dumped into this theory, it's gradually warming up as we keep implementing more and more green solutions. So not only does it not work, but it's going in the opposite direction.
So before I jump onboard with this global warming nonsense, I want to know that we need to do X, spend X amount of money, and we will see X results. Because from what I read, YOUR scientists stated that no matter what we do, there is no way to stop it.
&fe ature=related

woof
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9490
Sep 22, 2012
 
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It took a few years to cause the problem, it might take a few to try to remedy it. What is it with you people?
What is with us is we are pumping in hundred of billions if not trillions into an unproven theory. That's what's with us. As I pointed out, we have no positive results from all these measures.

One would think that with the efforts and funds we put towards this farce, there would be some significant improvement. Not only is there not improvement, but the climate continues to get warmer.

It reminds me of what goes on here in Cleveland. They started this e-check nonsense because on one of our most warmest and humid days in August, they took a reading and found that our air was not acceptable by the federal government. So they sucked money out of our wallets, dragged these cars into these e-check stations every two years, and ten years later, found that the air quality was no different. So what did they do? Continue the program.

During this time, businesses left the area and our steel plants are at a minimum. Cleveland lost population on top of businesses. Couldn't all those billions of dollars went to something more constructive in Ohio? For crying out loud, our main artery (I-90) eastbound into the city has a bridge that is so weak you can't take trucks over it, and it's been that way for a couple of years. But no, lets test cars to keep environmentalists happy and to hell with the bridge and jobs being lost in Cleveland.

These environmentalist will be the end of our country, because it's like I said so many times before, you can't make an environmentalist happy. It just isn't possible.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9491
Sep 22, 2012
 
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Mittens still has two years to Amend that Return and receive Credit for the other 2 million in Charitable Contributions and I am sure he will Amend it after he loses the Election.
That puts his Tax Rate at around 9%. Significantly less than we pay.
You pay less than 9% income tax? I don't mean SS deductions, Medicare deductions and all that, I mean income tax.

Would have, could have, should have. Romeny will take his deductions later. Well DumBama could nuke Canada before he leaves office too. Let's just speculate the worst.

Even if Romney took those deductions, he's still a hell of a better man than Obama when it comes to charity and Biden doesn't give any money to charity at all. Biden is tied with Gore when it comes to stinginess.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9492
Sep 22, 2012
 
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight. You don't have any problem borrowing a couple trillion dollars to send these people off to get their faces blown off but God Forbid we would have to borrow a billion to try to help them get jobs when they come back after being away a year or two. Good Christian Republican values.
Using these solders for political purposes is less than American. That's all this is about. Republicans don't want these people being used like a dishrag. Instead, they proposed job training courses for veterans instead of affirmative action and made-up jobs. But of course, training programs do not make them government dependent. Training programs will not expand the role of government. So the Democrats want nothing to do with the Republican idea.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9493
Sep 22, 2012
 
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're puffin smoke.
XL will be approved in due time.
Read the news.
woof
Yes, in due time. After the election when DumBama secures all his environmentalist votes.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9494
Sep 22, 2012
 
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What is with us is we are pumping in hundred of billions if not trillions into an unproven theory. That's what's with us. As I pointed out, we have no positive results from all these measures.
One would think that with the efforts and funds we put towards this farce, there would be some significant improvement. Not only is there not improvement, but the climate continues to get warmer.
It reminds me of what goes on here in Cleveland. They started this e-check nonsense because on one of our most warmest and humid days in August, they took a reading and found that our air was not acceptable by the federal government. So they sucked money out of our wallets, dragged these cars into these e-check stations every two years, and ten years later, found that the air quality was no different. So what did they do? Continue the program.
During this time, businesses left the area and our steel plants are at a minimum. Cleveland lost population on top of businesses. Couldn't all those billions of dollars went to something more constructive in Ohio? For crying out loud, our main artery (I-90) eastbound into the city has a bridge that is so weak you can't take trucks over it, and it's been that way for a couple of years. But no, lets test cars to keep environmentalists happy and to hell with the bridge and jobs being lost in Cleveland.
These environmentalist will be the end of our country, because it's like I said so many times before, you can't make an environmentalist happy. It just isn't possible.
Ever seen a tailings dam failure? Ever seen children with lead poisoning? Asbestosis? Severe asthma brought on by environmental conditions? Remember Love Canal? Wanna live directly adjacent to the Deerfield Dump and drink or shower in the well water there?

Enjoy ingesting and inhaling heavy metals? Think its good for your kids? How about a perch dinner from the 1970's Lake Erie? A little mercury with your tartar sauce sir?

Burn Mighty Cuyahoga, Burn.

woof
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9495
Sep 22, 2012
 
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever seen a tailings dam failure? Ever seen children with lead poisoning? Asbestosis? Severe asthma brought on by environmental conditions? Remember Love Canal? Wanna live directly adjacent to the Deerfield Dump and drink or shower in the well water there?
Enjoy ingesting and inhaling heavy metals? Think its good for your kids? How about a perch dinner from the 1970's Lake Erie? A little mercury with your tartar sauce sir?
Burn Mighty Cuyahoga, Burn.
woof
The difference between the Cuyahoga river and global warming is we had direct evidence of water contamination. Water doesn't catch on fire. And when we have proof that what we humans do on earth has anything to do with climate or temperature, then we can discuss what to do about it. Until that time, it's nothing more than a myth for politicians to get wealthy and have more power over their governed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is The Worst Person In The County? 2 hr You your jealous 14
Timber ridge apartments loaded with hot women 3 hr New Kid 143
Keshia Matthews (Aug '10) 15 hr Adams County Girl 19
What happened to Tue wondering 1
Lora Purdin (Jul '12) Tue I know5009 64
chubby people Tue i heart crystsl meth 4
What are everyones thoughts and opnions about B... (Apr '10) Tue Adams county45693 6
•••
•••
West Union Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

West Union Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

West Union People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

West Union News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Union
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••