West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

SHOCKED or NOT....

7131 adults in Adams county are on food stamps! There are approximately 21,500 adults in the county and 28,456 people.

1/3 of adults in Adams are on food stamps
1/4 of all people in Adams are on food stamps

The monthly cost of the program is $876,183.

There are TWICE as many people on food stamps than 5 years ago.
http://news.cincinnati.com/interactive/articl...

If you buy your OWN food in Adams county... you might be in the minority.

From the Cincinnati Enquirer...
"Nationally 1 out of every 7 Americans receives federal food assistance, according to August data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. That is after a nearly 70 percent jump in participation since 2007, a spike closely mirrored in Ohio." http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120923/N...

Census bureau statistics for Adams county
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/39/39...
In The Know

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Foodie wrote:
SHOCKED or NOT....
7131 adults in Adams county are on food stamps! There are approximately 21,500 adults in the county and 28,456 people.
1/3 of adults in Adams are on food stamps
1/4 of all people in Adams are on food stamps
The monthly cost of the program is $876,183.
There are TWICE as many people on food stamps than 5 years ago.
http://news.cincinnati.com/interactive/articl...
If you buy your OWN food in Adams county... you might be in the minority.
From the Cincinnati Enquirer...
"Nationally 1 out of every 7 Americans receives federal food assistance, according to August data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. That is after a nearly 70 percent jump in participation since 2007, a spike closely mirrored in Ohio." http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120923/N...
Census bureau statistics for Adams county
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/39/39...
I am now unfortunately one of the statistics. My family had to ask for assistance for the first time ever, and both my husband and myself work. We need more, better paying jobs in Adams County in order for those numbers to start declining. We worked in the city for years, but due to the down economy the place we worked at was bought out and moved near Dayton. It was killing us to drive to Sharonville everyday, let alone any farther. With rising gas prices we had no choice but to seek work closer to home, which proved extremely difficult! After almost a year and a half my husband finally had a job call, and we're both employed again but making minimum wage. It's very difficult trying to raise a family on minimum wage.
Marylyn

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Blame Obama!!!!!
ol d man

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

to in the know i worket for 25 years for minimum wage it could the goverment i made it very hard tho and i was the only oneworking so if your both working now you are very lucky people
Worker

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Wonder if the Defender will cover this?
lol

Euclid, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Marylyn wrote:
Blame Obama!!!!!
lololol! That's right blame him! If it weren't for him it would be 100 times worse! Blame bushy junior! Duh!
47percent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Marylyn wrote:
Blame Obama!!!!!
If Romney gets elected and you cant afford to feed your children ,,he will just say borrow it from your parents......
the blame

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

Blame that repug Ronald Regan and his trickle down effect for the poor? And out soursing of jobs? This started in the 80's
Ponzi Scheme

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

How about blaming the last 4 years since government motors (GM) has started building cars in China, Brazil etc. This has happened very recently.
Also Clinton done away with Glass Steagall Act ( which kept investment and commercial banking separate) which allowed the cocaine head bankers to use the banks money for phoney investments like derivatives which now adds up to $1.2 Quadrillion and is non repayable by the USA.
The QE3 or 4 or 5 allows the US government to buy mortgages from Fannie Mae and Freddie BOA etc. and they then take the money and purchase (toxic assets which they already purchased) from the coke head bankers they then take their money and buy US treasuries then the government takes the digital money and MAYBE just MAYBE pays just a little to China or whoever has their collection agency after Obama and Hillary that day. Each and every one takes a slice of the money that they say they handle and guess where the original money came from?
The Fed Reserve printed it out of thin air with a key board just like I am using now.
They have NO INTENTIONS of paying any money back that they borrow each day or print.
If you have a one of a kind item it is very valuable but if they are printing the same item by Trillions it is WORTHLESS. The US dollar is worthless because of Obama and Hillary!
Weimar Republic went through (hyperinflation) and so did Argentina. The USA is going to go through it very soon> get ready!
We have had enough.... Time to move on or File Chapter 7 or 13 if China will allow it!
Ponzi Scheme

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Oh and by the way the Federal Reserve is a private group or cartel of coke head bankers and has nothing to do with the government except they are allowed to print and loan money to the USA.
How stupid is this?
Fed- Ex delivery service has more credibility than the coke head bankers!
Constitution was bypassed

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

10:35 The District Of Columbia has NO authority over the states!
D.C. has NO authority out of D.C.!!!!!!!
paying attention

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Ponzi Scheme wrote:
Oh and by the way the Federal Reserve is a private group or cartel of coke head bankers and has nothing to do with the government except they are allowed to print and loan money to the USA.
How stupid is this?
Fed- Ex delivery service has more credibility than the coke head bankers!
So glad to see there are still a handful of people who consider the bigger picture! It always amazes me how many people are so concerned with the small percentage of our tax dollar that goes to social services. These are usually the same people that couldn't tell you anything about how the rest of it is spent and don't even get how much ends up in the hands of the wealthy crooks that run our country!!! Why not take some more away from the poor and give it to the rich??? Don't get on here and complain about food stamps! It just makes you look ignorant to the much scarier problems in our country!!!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Lets jut keep blaming an complaining. It is unfortunate when hard times hit but the truth is, that unless you do something different you'll always get what you always got. So few people hold themselves accountable for their own lives. Even if the hard times fall, there is so much more we could do for ourselves.
Concerned

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Think about the Men and Women in our Military over all the years that died for you to have the freedom to live however you want. Do them a favor and educate yourselves on each candidate, what they stand for, then vote! What's at stake here is our children's future and future of The United States. Which candidate gets voted in will determine the direction of the country. The facts are that millions of people have lost jobs, homes, businesses and etc.....over these last 4 yrs. This is so much more than playing the blame game. A country divided is going to fall.
what do you think

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

http://www.ohiolibertycoalition.org/obama-to-...

Obama is going to redistribute the wealth in Ohio.
redhe4dwoman

Amanda, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

it is sad that so many people get food assistance,and it is just going to get worse.i think that alot of the people that get help buying their food get too much in food stamps,or what ever they call it now.i have seen familys of 4 are getting 600 dollars or more a month.i don't think they need that much.alot of it probably gets wasted each month when some of that money can go to help others.the elderly don't receive enought to feed themselves for the month.i know a few familys that sell their food stamps because they have alot more than they need.and for the people that sell them and the people that buy it can be put in jail,it is welfare fraud.
sad for the kids

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

redhe4dwoman wrote:
it is sad that so many people get food assistance,and it is just going to get worse.i think that alot of the people that get help buying their food get too much in food stamps,or what ever they call it now.i have seen familys of 4 are getting 600 dollars or more a month.i don't think they need that much.alot of it probably gets wasted each month when some of that money can go to help others.the elderly don't receive enought to feed themselves for the month.i know a few familys that sell their food stamps because they have alot more than they need.and for the people that sell them and the people that buy it can be put in jail,it is welfare fraud.
Did you know that the directional card can be used at some fast food restaurants? They may be buying $600.00 worth of food (or more) at the grocery store and then going to McDonalds several times a week spending some that was left plus some sell part of their food directional card for half its value.
wrong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

sad for the kids wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that the directional card can be used at some fast food restaurants? They may be buying $600.00 worth of food (or more) at the grocery store and then going to McDonalds several times a week spending some that was left plus some sell part of their food directional card for half its value.
This is wrong. You cannot buy prepared meals at a restaurant with food stamps. These are the only exceptions:
You can buy prepared meals with the Ohio Direction Card ONLY if the meals are:
Prepared and brought by a food service (such as Meals on Wheels) that delivers meals to the household. The food service must have a license to accept the Ohio Direction Card.
Prepared and served by a drug and alcohol treatment center or a group home.
Prepared and served by a shelter for homeless or domestic violence victims and their children.
Served by an agency which provides dining to people who are age 60 or over.
who

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

sad for the kids wrote:
<quoted text>
think before you talk. you cannot buy food at mcdonalds with the ebt food stamps or directional or whatever you call it. there are cash benefits such as child support that goes on the cards also. thats your government slowing doing away with cash. so therefore they can use the cash thats on the card for the food at mcdonalds not food stamps. heres you clue. DUHHHH!!!!
Mitch

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

In The Know wrote:
<quoted text>
I am now unfortunately one of the statistics. My family had to ask for assistance for the first time ever, and both my husband and myself work. We need more, better paying jobs in Adams County in order for those numbers to start declining. We worked in the city for years, but due to the down economy the place we worked at was bought out and moved near Dayton. It was killing us to drive to Sharonville everyday, let alone any farther. With rising gas prices we had no choice but to seek work closer to home, which proved extremely difficult! After almost a year and a half my husband finally had a job call, and we're both employed again but making minimum wage. It's very difficult trying to raise a family on minimum wage.
You're a white trash joke. Here you are complaining about not having enough money, yet you evidently have money to pay for internet access.

You ignorant hilltards have a such a sense of entitlement. You think you deserve to have cell phones, cable, etc. even when you are on welfare. You disgust me.

Also, here's an orginal thought: if there are no jobs in your poverty ridden county then MOVE to a somewhere where there are jobs. Hell, even prehistoric people knew to follow the migrating animals instead of staying in a location where there is nothing to eat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the West Union Forum right now

Search the West Union Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Rutherfords 3 min fred 11
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 10 min xxxrayted 29,380
Levi shelton 14 min Sam 4
roy stricklett 4 hr I know 36
Adams County Fair 4 hr fair goer 18
Topix sucks 10 hr cupcake 2
Has anyone been scammed by Aaron Kirk/Kirk Brot... (Nov '10) 19 hr Brazen13 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

West Union Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000