Wecie

Vandalia, OH

#1 Aug 15, 2012
Does ay ne kno of notary in Adams County
Thank you
observation

Vandalia, OH

#2 Aug 15, 2012
Believe it or not, she doesn't really spell that bad. I watched her try to post this earlier and all the crap loaded on Topix pages kept freezing her puter up as she was trying to type it in.

Anyway, who or where does one find an after business hours notary around West Union?
Tonia

Delaware, OH

#3 Aug 15, 2012
The little white building next to UDF and on the same road as the old hospital does it for $3.
Wecie

Vandalia, OH

#4 Aug 16, 2012
Thank you Tonia
citizen on patrol

Highland, MI

#5 Aug 16, 2012
your only allowed to charge a dollar !!
Nancy
#6 Aug 17, 2012
Tonia wrote:
The little white building next to UDF and on the same road as the old hospital does it for $3.
If there are Notaries in West Union that charge more than a dollar and a half, they are breaking the law. Ohio revised code is very specific on amounts Notaries are allowed to charge. Common Pleas judges office should investigate this and the other places in town that over charge people for notary services. The charges are in the thousands of dollars for Notaries not following Ohio revised code.
SO WHAT

Clarksville, OH

#7 Aug 18, 2012
I am a notary and people come to my door all hours of the day and night wanting titles notarized. They track in mud, bring their cigarette, and stink, they use vulgar language and lie about the true selling cost of the car they are buying or selling. More often than not the seller is not present and the title has been already signed, or they want me to notarize it and leave it open.

I charge $3.00. take it or leave it and if you don't like it then, why don't you become a notary and put up with the crap for a $1.00.
Everyone Knows
#8 Aug 18, 2012
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text> If there are Notaries in West Union that charge more than a dollar and a half, they are breaking the law. Ohio revised code is very specific on amounts Notaries are allowed to charge. Common Pleas judges office should investigate this and the other places in town that over charge people for notary services. The charges are in the thousands of dollars for Notaries not following Ohio revised code.
Nancy is right my wife is a notary you can charge 1.50 max so if the notary in the lil white building is charging 3.00 they are in big trouble!!!!!
I am
#9 Aug 18, 2012
SO WHAT wrote:
I am a notary and people come to my door all hours of the day and night wanting titles notarized. They track in mud, bring their cigarette, and stink, they use vulgar language and lie about the true selling cost of the car they are buying or selling. More often than not the seller is not present and the title has been already signed, or they want me to notarize it and leave it open.
I charge $3.00. take it or leave it and if you don't like it then, why don't you become a notary and put up with the crap for a $1.00.
WOW you really like to break the law you stated enough stuff in your post to go to prison. At any price it isnt worth it to me I follow the notary law book to the T. The court sets the fee structure in the laws if you dont like it resign your notary jerk you give us honest people a bad rap!!!!!!!!!
SO WHAT

Clarksville, OH

#10 Aug 18, 2012
I am wrote:
<quoted text> WOW you really like to break the law you stated enough stuff in your post to go to prison. At any price it isnt worth it to me I follow the notary law book to the T. The court sets the fee structure in the laws if you dont like it resign your notary jerk you give us honest people a bad rap!!!!!!!!!
now now, no name calling. I wasn't aware that you walked on water. Let me clarify that I refuse to notarize without watching the seller sign. I know they are not being truthful when they tell me $100.00 for price however, I cannot prove it. I think that the court system has far much more to do dealing with the thieves and drugs to worry about a notary.
RHA

Lebanon, OH

#11 Aug 19, 2012
Wecie wrote:
Does ay ne kno of notary in Adams County
Thank you
Title office, across from the courthouse.
Mother Hen

Troy, OH

#12 Aug 19, 2012
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text> If there are Notaries in West Union that charge more than a dollar and a half, they are breaking the law. Ohio revised code is very specific on amounts Notaries are allowed to charge. Common Pleas judges office should investigate this and the other places in town that over charge people for notary services. The charges are in the thousands of dollars for Notaries not following Ohio revised code.
Ok, so let me get this straight. A notary is "legally" not supposed to charge more than $1.50 to notarize? Well, then someone needs to tell that to the notary at the BMV here in West Union, because I have a friend that just had divorce papers notarized by a woman there. She charged $2.00 a page. It costed her $8.00 to have it all notarized. It may have been only two dollars more, but that's still money that could have gone in the gas tank, lol.
citizen on patrol

Westland, MI

#13 Sep 10, 2012
here we go again people looking for something for free
old friend

United States

#14 Sep 16, 2012
why is everyone arguing about such a stupid topic? i mean really, this is just stupid.
shopper

Fenton, MI

#15 Sep 16, 2012
cause people want every thing for nothing people think the world owes them a living

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#16 Sep 16, 2012
If the cost is set by the state and there are people charging more than that, exactly how is it that you come to the conclusion that folks are expecting something for nothing?

Sounds like some fraud is going on. And it sounds like there are those that believe fraud is just peachy fine and dandy.Calling out fraud is not wanting something for nothing.

There are laws and requirements to being a notary. If a person, as notary, finds this unacceptable than turn in your stamp.
f350 hauler
#18 Sep 16, 2012
this time the 1st wrote:
If the cost is set by the state and there are people charging more than that, exactly how is it that you come to the conclusion that folks are expecting something for nothing?
Sounds like some fraud is going on. And it sounds like there are those that believe fraud is just peachy fine and dandy.Calling out fraud is not wanting something for nothing.
There are laws and requirements to being a notary. If a person, as notary, finds this unacceptable than turn in your stamp.
I agree 100% and the lady that charges 3.00 because they come to her house at all hours of the day and she admits to notorizing titles for people who lie to her . Well I want to find you just so I can turn your dishonest azz in . I know for a fact the state has heavy fines for people like you and even jail time in certain cases. Yes I am notary have been for several years and never charged anyone a red cent as the $1.50 means nothing to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
robert cantrell (Sep '16) 6 hr Family worked tog... 6
Crystal Adkins Wed Karma will get you 8
Ashley randdolph Wed daaamn 3
Shane tomlin (Jan '17) Wed Old buddy 8
nikita thiel (May '10) Wed THOT patrol 10
Christa hedger (May '14) Aug 12 Firefly 2226 12
Kenny Corrill Aug 11 John 1

West Union Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance