Frosty the snowman

Springfield, OH

#1 Dec 21, 2009
Does anyone else miss Rudds Christmas Farm? i loved going out there and seeing those beautiful lights. I wish someone would do something lie hat again. It was So neat to see. One trip out there and you couldnt help but feel the christmas spirit.
Yessummmm

Springfield, OH

#2 Dec 21, 2009
I agree Frosty I miss it too. theres nothing to do in Adams County and with the world the way it is now familys cant afford to go places and pa out the Wazoo. especially if you've got a big Family. i do miss it. Never thought bout how much till you mentioned it lol. Maybe someone will read this and do something like that again
Eva Marie

United States

#3 Dec 25, 2009
Sure would be nice to see adams county open it up hell charge $10 a car load and re oppen the gift shop they could pay the electric bill off of the ten dollar admission and im sure they could get some volunteers to help with stuff heck I would I loved going there when I was a kid and Im sure my kids would love it
beezebeetle

Waverly, OH

#4 Dec 25, 2009
Same here.. I was going to visit family tomorrow for Christmas break and was just wondering if anyone opened it back up! I miss it.. it was nice to walk around with the family, see the lights, and then sit in the gift shop sipping our hot cocoa..
I never go to know the entire story of why it shut down, I think I recall hearing the owner was ill?
rocky

Miamisburg, OH

#5 Dec 25, 2009
it dont even exist anymore
Frosty the snowman

Springfield, OH

#6 Dec 25, 2009
Yeah its shut down the owner Mr rudd I believe became Ill and later passed away i heard, they were Good People, But it is a shame I agre with you Eva I would pay ten dollars a car load to see it and id donate my time to help out. It was something that people came from all areound to see. As a matter of fact it holds a special memory for me :) my husband and I had out first date there and a few months later we were engaged and weve been married 14 yrs now. Dont know why i told that just felt like sharing LOL LOL
Yessummmm

Springfield, OH

#7 Dec 25, 2009
lol its ok frosty I like memorys and thats a good one. my wife and i actually had our second date there and weve now been married 16 yrs. It just hold alot of memorys of all kinds. Id love to see it open again.
lovin life

Parkersburg, WV

#8 Dec 26, 2009
Mom and Dad took my brothers and myself to the Rudd's Christmas Farm every year. It was such a beautiful place to visit. I miss it. I wish it was still in operation so that I could take my grandchildren.
Memories

Amelia, OH

#9 Dec 26, 2009
I also remember Rudds Christmas Farm! As a child my mother and father took my brother and I there. I remember us all singing Christmas carols on the way there and my brother and I just being so amazed by all the lights. O the memories! Wish it were still open so I could take my child there but all I can do is share what memories I have of it!
iagree

Dayton, OH

#10 Jan 1, 2010
Yes I also miss the Rudds Christmas Lights it was so much fun to go each year and if memory serves me right they even did a few years of Christmas in July which was nice too. Carl and his family's lights are sadly missed by everyone. Maybe someone will try to open another but it will never compare to the Rudds Christmas Lights we all remember.
Wonderful Memories

United States

#11 Jan 2, 2010
I too, enjoyed going to Rudds Christmas Farm ! The lights were beautiful! Walking the trails up and down the hills and seeing all the hard work these people put into displaying the TRUE meaning of Christmas really makes me think. Today, many children and adults, hardly know about the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ. Everything is so commercial. We need more people like the Rudd family. Mr. Rudd sucummed to alzheimers a terrible disease that took his memory. Yet he left many beautiful memories for thousands.
Precious memorys

Springfield, OH

#12 Jan 3, 2010
Oh I agree so much. That place was incredible and wonderful. And I miss it so much.
Eva Marie

United States

#13 Jan 3, 2010
Thanks everyone for sharing their memories of Rudds It was one of the few places that expressed the true meaning of christmas. It is so comericalized now tat many kids dont even realize the real meaning of christmas. Wonder when the next township meeting is heck if everyone donated one strand of lights and some time maybe we could get some stores to donate some decorations and their are many talented ppl in Adams County I know it would never be Rudds but it just might put a lil magic back in Christmas.
Long-time Visitor

United States

#14 Jan 3, 2010
My parents took me to Ruds as a child and I, in turn, took my children to Ruds. In fact, I used to take many children from West Union on New Years Eve, while their parents went out.

It would really be nice to have it back again. Maybe some of the school students could volunteer time. I know one of the school clubs requires community service hours. This would be a perfect opportunity for these hours.
lovedrudds

Miamisburg, OH

#15 Jan 3, 2010
i too loved taking the kids to rudds
wishing

Springfield, OH

#16 Jan 3, 2010
it seemed like west union had no christmas spirit. i know that jesus is the reason for the season, but the courthouse sqaure was so drab. no lights or hardly any decorations. my family finacially in a vice like many families, reallly near broke, but to just have the spirit and the feeling could boosted many people up. rudds lights and manger scene could really came in handy.
Eva Marie

United States

#17 Jan 4, 2010
So ppl what do we do about it how can we bring it back I know it will never be Rudds but a lil Christmas sprit would be nice
love rudds

Merrick, NY

#18 Jan 11, 2010
I miss Rudds! I wish they would bring it back or someone else do something similar. This community needs something positive. I know people came from all over the country to see it!
lovin life

Parkersburg, WV

#19 Jan 13, 2010
Is the Christmas Farm still in the Rudd Family?
dave

Miamisburg, OH

#20 Jan 13, 2010
lovin life wrote:
Is the Christmas Farm still in the Rudd Family?
no they sold the property

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 28 min xxxrayted 34,455
Adam Fitzpatrick in jail AGAIN (Nov '13) 2 hr baliff 6
my own mom treats me like shit (Nov '09) Sun Ben Tindale 57
want the truth? read on!!!!! Sat I know 9
amy long Sat i no 8
kathy stunich/purdin (Sep '11) Fri IdK 9
Brandon Poe's Party (Feb '10) Dec 17 Karma 29
West Union Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Union People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Union News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Union

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:09 am PST

NBC Sports 4:09AM
Johnny Manziel doesn't leave much tape, but wants to be the guy in Cleveland
NFL 5:51 AM
Johnny Manziel: 'I want to be the guy' in Cleveland
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Preview, Prediction for Bengals vs. Broncos
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
NFL Power Rankings Week 17: Predicting Post-Monday Night Football Standings
NBC Sports10:10 AM
Why does Cincinnati shrink in the spotlight?