Adams Rural Electric
Not just rates

Kansas City, MO

#81 Feb 9, 2012
The rates are ridiculous, but in my opinion, the customer service is even worse.
PLEASE

Vandalia, OH

#82 Feb 17, 2012
Aep is no Better they are raising there rates to.. They say there would be an increase of like six dollars a month.. No more like 300 dollars a month people in hillsboro, sardina,and parts of adams county have seen hikes as much as three hundred dollars.. AEP is pathetic...
Hmm

Powell, OH

#83 Feb 18, 2012
thank the pres u put in office
Yeah

United States

#84 Feb 19, 2012
I have had REA and I am now on AEP. I will have to say REA is way worse than AEP. Yeah, AEP went up, but not as much as REA was! We paid 500 a month last year with REA and now we pay 260. BIG DIFFERANCE!
dont know

Flat Rock, NC

#85 Feb 19, 2012
im still trying to figure out why REA makes you buy a magazine subscription (GOOD HOUSEKEEPING) that is a rip off sounds like bin loden runs that place
Concerned

Columbus, OH

#86 Feb 20, 2012
Well the money isn't going into updating their grid. Why don't we all here call the PUCO in Columbus that regulates utilities and tell them of the frequent power outages and the high cost.
george

Kansas City, MO

#87 Feb 21, 2012
Concerned wrote:
Well the money isn't going into updating their grid. Why don't we all here call the PUCO in Columbus that regulates utilities and tell them of the frequent power outages and the high cost.
I tried there a co op and they can't help us try u will see we r screwed
Robbed

United States

#88 Mar 21, 2012
I live in Pa. and we have Adams Electric. All I hear is how bad they are,from neighbors and others. If everyone would get together they would start walking the line. I just heard from a friend how they are charging him for electric on his rentals. He is having all kinds of problems tenants are still living there and they dont even tell him its going in his name,they just bill him. I have been told the attorney generals office can control the coops. The people need to get together and do something about them, they are to the point they think they cant be touched by the law and right and wrong.
Hmmmmm

Wilmington, OH

#89 Mar 22, 2012
do what hillsboro did for aep

http://timesgazette.com/main.asp...
Need Question Answered

United States

#91 Aug 27, 2012
I am getting ready to rent a place that is on adams rural electric (even tho the place is in Pike county). Someone told me that Adams Rural does not accept the PIPP Plus (Percentage Income Payment Plan). I read on internet that it is a program offered by the state for all families and individuals (based on income) regardless of their ultility company...Does anyone here know if you can be on PIPP if Adams Rural is you electric company?
RHA

Lebanon, OH

#92 Aug 27, 2012
Concerned wrote:
They recently got new windows in their Panhandle office, & with the cleanup of storm damages last month, we'll see our bills take a big increase.
REA SUCKS

Westland, MI

#93 Aug 28, 2012
No they do not accept PIPP. Kind of retarded if you ask me. My bills were over 500 mo just to run one space heater and two lights for 8 hours a day. Complained to puco to no avail. Went in to Rea office and got belligerent, made them explain charges, and demanded a new meter along with credit for every dime i over paid. Meter was replaced, wound up with a 600 credit that took 4 months to eat up with new meter (digital). Those cock suckers have the old style meters rigged. Now my bill is around 80 mo. Go figure!
opt out of a co-op

United States

#94 Sep 18, 2012
I was reading not too long ago on the internet that you can vote to change it from being a co-op. I'm going to look for that website again & try to post it on here. Right now because its a co-op it doesnt have to follow any regulations & you cant recieve assistance like pipp. Maybe if we all got together & voted to opt out of the co-op we could change our electric prices. I dont know much about this yet but plan on learning more soon. Anyone else ever hear about this?
new
#95 Nov 16, 2012
I am new to REA. I just came from AEP. And my home in Brown County heated with electric and only ran about 180$ a month. Which isn't bad. I'm a little scared to see my first electric bill here with REA. I am a single mother with 3 kids and I am on a fixed income. I don't understand why they don't except PIPP. Does anyone really know why not?
Help
#96 Nov 16, 2012
Is there any places in this erea hiring? Worried to death:(
Dale

Astoria, NY

#97 Mar 26, 2013
I don't know about the rest of you but we got to do something about this crap they pull . it is just me and my wife that live here no kids and I am tired of the snotty ass no good adams rural electric co. with there over priced bills we get every month. I am tied of seeing the red letter disconnect notice every month I haven't seen a normal bill in I don't know how long .they are the most worthless company out there I think I will start a group on facebook for everyone that has them so we can start some kind of rally to stand up against them who is with me on this ??? it will make it easier to plan something to get together and picket their asses I think I will call the group members of adams rural electric give me some feed back thanks and please pass the information to ppl you know with them
MARTIN

Santa Fe, NM

#98 Mar 31, 2013
Why dont we have a protest set it up on here for everybody to sign up and we will set a date
rea killing me

United States

#99 Apr 1, 2013
This company is bull shit they over charge the crap out of me we really need to find a way to stop this my brother in law told them when he turns his breaker off out side the meter turns backward rea told him there was nothing wrong with it but they came out the same day and replaced it I called them and had them check mine they said it would take two weeks they came out told me everything was good but they have never came to my house and checked my meter and I've lived there 10 years all they do is prorate and over charge!!
Stop the Stupidity

Hamersville, OH

#100 Apr 2, 2013
For your information, utilities are a "Privilege" and not a "Right". You are not guaranteed electricity by the U.S. Constitution. Nor does the Federal or State Government promise you electricity or any other utility. Complain all you want folks. If you don't like the service, fees or anything else about REA then call them up and discontinue your service!!! The oil companies get to charge what they want...the phone company gets to charge what they want...the cable company gets to charge what they want. I personally think my bill is too high with each of these services! But you know what? I can either pay my bill or walk away. Stop thinking you're "entitled" to everything and that your bill must be the fault of the provider or someone else. If you want to lower your bill, find ways to make your home more energy efficient. Here's an example that you might understand better: If your big, heavy, V-8 engined vehicle gets 10 miles per gallon, it's not the gas station or oil company's problem is it? Nope...Its your problem! Live with it or buy a vehicle with better gas mileage. Economics 101, that's the way it works folks!
off the grid

Cincinnati, OH

#101 Apr 2, 2013
For the money that you are now paying and the rise in cost that is coming you should buy solar panels, generators to use in emergency and put up a small wind mill. Drill a well, raise most of your own food and tell thank you but no thanks! This is getting into their pockets where it really hurts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chasity cooper 9 hr Karma 32
Jeremy Heater how bout him 9 hr abc 1
David Darnell?????? 22 hr Neon Question 1
Neon Question Tue Neon Question 2
regina at timber ridge apts. anyone know her Dec 6 Brisco Darling 2
Ricky Pattillo (sp) (Feb '16) Dec 5 Class of 2007 3
Renee & Darrell????? Dec 5 brittany pollitt 3

West Union Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance