Mother Gets 13 Years For Drunk Driving Crash

A local mother will spend 13 years in prison after her two children were killed while she was driving drunk. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
arae

Benicia, CA

#1 Nov 2, 2006
how stupid of her
Harry Hart

Napoleon, OH

#3 Jan 12, 2007
We all make mistakes... Say a prayer it doesn't happen to you or a loved one..
Lindsey

Utica, MI

#4 Jul 16, 2007
This truly was a horrific event that happened in our community.
yea

Springfield, OH

#5 Oct 23, 2009
she is paying for what happen every day her life she loved her girls
Daman

United States

#6 Oct 23, 2009
yea wrote:
she is paying for what happen every day her life she loved her girls
Loved them enough to kill them? She is a drunk just like her mom and dad. she was raised that that was okay.. She killed her 2 babies. I know thats harsh but that is a fact.
thinkofthem

Tampa, FL

#7 Oct 23, 2009
please do not start trashing on this thread. the daulton and edwards family have been thru to much. thank you.
luvs

United States

#8 Oct 23, 2009
thinkofthem wrote:
please do not start trashing on this thread. the daulton and edwards family have been thru to much. thank you.
I agree 110%. It was horrid that it happened and the loss of the two children has hurt all friends and family of the children. I wont defend the mother, she had to live with what shes done the rest of her life and then pay the price with the big guy. but respect for the family is needed.
cuz

Springfield, OH

#9 Oct 24, 2009
Daman wrote:
<quoted text>
Loved them enough to kill them? She is a drunk just like her mom and dad. she was raised that that was okay.. She killed her 2 babies. I know thats harsh but that is a fact.
How is hickory valley by the way i mean thats where u know her from , right? Please quit being a hypicrite dumbass!!!
concerned

United States

#10 Oct 31, 2009
Hickory is great. My heart goes out to trish, the conleys, daultons, and edwards. It was a terrible tragedy that hurt so many. Don't be bad mouthing or putting down anyone you never know when your relation might go through something like this. I believe in Karma.
MADD

Dayton, OH

#11 Oct 31, 2009
I think 13 yrs was a slap on the wrist for her...2 kids lives were taken at a young age all because she was out having herself a good time and she will be drunk again when she gets out of the clink...those defending this winner is probably a drunk and drives drunk as well. Hence this: If you hurt one of MY family I'll be sure to take more than 13 yrs off of your life and thats a promise. Since Adams County is not a dry county anymore and more scheduled to be voted on in a few weeks we will see more of this behavior going on in our nieghborhoods...lets pray that this doesnt happen to our loved ones and if it does they get more than 13 yrs.
not heartless

United States

#13 Nov 1, 2009
Well if she was so drunk then why was the kids let to leave with her? Losing her two children was enough. No she won't be drunk when she gets out. I'm sure she will try to take her own life for the tragedy that happened. Do you think she could of wrecked due to the snow/ice conditions?
RIP Angels

Dayton, OH

#14 Nov 1, 2009
I believe her children were buried in beer cans and had to be peeled off of the pavement. Drinking and Driving is a crime and so is manslaughter and I believe she was extremely drunk because there was test done to prove that...wasn't the oldest childs father killed by a drunk driver and she got a fat check for that accident and turned into a junkie from that point if that didnt change her life then losing her daughters wont either....they are in good hands now that is all that matters..
good in all people

Springfield, OH

#15 Nov 1, 2009
Let me guess this is regina smalley, are you worried that puting your real name on here would only open a can of worms? Wasnt you the one who put them babies in that truck that tradgic night? I just wanna say if so you shouldnt pretend trish was a drunken bad mother. Them girls were her world!!! Our family isnt perfect by far but we dont pretend to be either? I love cheryl and your dad and im so sorry for what they have been through but trisha is human to and she died when her girls did so please let her r.i.p. p.s. your brother wasnt killed by a drunk driver and definetly diddnt deserve for his life to end so early but trish wasnt a junkie and she did luv dink!!!!
not heartless

United States

#16 Nov 2, 2009
I've known trish all my life and also knew Dink. I was around them several times and they was happy yeah they may had trouble what couple doesn't. I think when dink died that was the start of her problems and then she married someone that made the problems worse. Everyone wants to blame trish for that tradic accident but what was her level i believe it was close to what the legal limit used to be and that isn't that high. if she was so messed up why did someone let the girls in the car? I'm sure that whoever did is feeling bad but you don't see anyone blaming them. You know it is not about blame... Where was everyone when trish needed help and support to overcome her problems. I've been around several with addictions and its a sickness and its a shame that there isn't places in this world to help these people out especially the young ones growing up that has been introduced to drugs. People don't understand that it is a sickness.
Trish thought the world of them girls and was a good mom i guess the ones that is bad mouthing her and being judgemental didn't know her.
I hope any of you that is judging her doesn't go through something like this with there child then we will see how you feel and like it then. Like i said who is it to say that snow and ice didn't play a part or how many times has a mother turned around to look back at the kids for some reason maybe she did and over corrected her vehicle and that caused the wreck. I've raised my kids and i can remember several times i turned around due to fighting or releasing there seatbelt (which if kids are in the back you don't know that they do that)Well my thoughts go out to trish, conleys, daultons, and edwards always. I wish this never would of happened along with all the other bad things that happen in this world. This is my last comment to this.
a friend of a friend

United States

#17 Nov 8, 2009
not heartless wrote:
Well if she was so drunk then why was the kids let to leave with her? Losing her two children was enough. No she won't be drunk when she gets out. I'm sure she will try to take her own life for the tragedy that happened. Do you think she could of wrecked due to the snow/ice conditions?
I am a friend of 1 of the EMT's from that night...she DID NOT wreck due to ice or snow, cause there was no ice on the road that night. I know too because i had just driven through that same spot where she wrecked right before it happened. I am also a friend of a friend of trishs. Yes she loved her girls, but she was a heavy drinker, drinking every single day, and yes she was very drunk that night.
not heartless

United States

#18 Nov 10, 2009
This comment is for (a friend of a friend)I also was on that road when it happened and there was snow and ice. You must not of known her very well she wasn't a heavy drinker everyday. So you say she was very drunk that night what was her level then? If very drunk that night why did they let the girls go with her? If i drove down the rode after having 4 beers and wrecked due to a deer or something in the road it would be blamed on me drinking no matter what caused me to wreck!!!!!
MADDTWO

United States

#19 Nov 12, 2009
MADD wrote:
I think 13 yrs was a slap on the wrist for her...2 kids lives were taken at a young age all because she was out having herself a good time and she will be drunk again when she gets out of the clink...those defending this winner is probably a drunk and drives drunk as well. Hence this: If you hurt one of MY family I'll be sure to take more than 13 yrs off of your life and thats a promise. Since Adams County is not a dry county anymore and more scheduled to be voted on in a few weeks we will see more of this behavior going on in our nieghborhoods...lets pray that this doesnt happen to our loved ones and if it does they get more than 13 yrs.
I totally agree with you! That is a slap on the wrist! Oh, and all the people that want to take up for this low life drunken child killer....Wonder what they would think if when she gets out, she drives drunk again,,,,but this time, kills one of their children or family member? I bet they wouldn't be taking up for her then!!! Yeah, you're right. I bet most of these people drive drunk as well. Why else would anyone take up for her? She killed her own kids!!! She better thank her God it wasn't my kids she killed! I would be in prison for the rest of my life, because I can promise I would have blown her damn head off!! She should have gotten life in prison with no parole! There are people in prison for way longer than that, and they did not kill anyone!! Like I always say "The lesser the crime, the more the time." If that were a teen driver...they would be gone for life. The judges love picking on teens!
mytwosence

Dayton, OH

#20 Nov 12, 2009
Either way if she was drunk or not,she still shouldn't have been driving with those kids...duh!!she killed two little innocent children,thats why she is in prison?maybe?wtf people get real now.
against madd

Bay City, TX

#21 Jan 21, 2010
madd is an orgination that creates a lot votes for politians to get votes so laws get inacted without anyone voting on them.maad is a fucking useless and non forgiving orginazation that not only broken down youre rights to the constitution that is unlawful and family unfriendly due to their way of thinking.lets get real people....quit roling with the punch...lets take our country back...im sure this lady wasnt out to harm her kiddoos as the law defines it and was she intendened to do it (get real) it was an accident shit.
marie

Redmond, WA

#22 Jan 21, 2010
against madd wrote:
madd is an orgination that creates a lot votes for politians to get votes so laws get inacted without anyone voting on them.maad is a fucking useless and non forgiving orginazation that not only broken down youre rights to the constitution that is unlawful and family unfriendly due to their way of thinking.lets get real people....quit roling with the punch...lets take our country back...im sure this lady wasnt out to harm her kiddoos as the law defines it and was she intendened to do it (get real) it was an accident shit.
I'm sure she didn't mean to kill her children and thats a punshiment far worse then anyone can give her.But thats why we have laws to make people think before they hurt someone.Now it's to late for her because she lost something more than her freedom.Everyone needs to think before they drink and drive because sometimes it's more than just a DUI.Sometimes it is live or death.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 34,648
Adams County Hookers 4 hr MRW 5
Disrespect To All Veterans That Served In The A... 7 hr Lyndsey Turvil 2
Destany Jarvis, Chuck Wilson, Child Custodian /... 23 hr memaw 1
Matt Osborn & Jessica Osborn Sat abc123 8
Ashley a fields (May '14) Jan 23 county 25
art the welder st rt 41 west union (May '14) Jan 19 Alysia 21
West Union Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Union People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:43 am PST

NFL 8:43AM
Jimmy Haslam: Browns have to get a QB in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:17 AM
Jimmy Haslam Speaks on Browns' 2015 QB Situation
Bleacher Report12:23 PM
Manziel's Teammates Discuss QB's Rookie Season
Yahoo! Sports12:24 PM
Report: Cleveland Browns 'wrecked' by Johnny Manziel's rookie season
NBC Sports12:46 PM
Teammate: Manziel was a "100 percent joke" as a rookie