poor tax payer

AOL

#1 Aug 4, 2010
9.5 mill tax for schools is to much they get a lot now
Hard times

United States

#2 Aug 4, 2010
It is a hard time to be asking people for more money. Everything is costing more and everyone has less money.
past

Dayton, OH

#3 Aug 4, 2010
Vote no for the school tax levy. This is crazy. 94 dollars per 1000. Your property tax will almost double on the year. This is the poorest county in the state, yet a few have champagne taste and want the rest of us with beer pocket books to pay for it. Vote No. If they knew how to manage money they would not have this problem.
Home Owning Parent

West Union, OH

#4 Aug 4, 2010
I'm voting NO. No way am I voting for a tax levy. Been layed off for over a year. Can't hardly pay the mortgage or insurance now let alone increased property taxes
Also, I think only Home OWNERS should be allowed to vote on the Levy.
poor tax payer

Sardinia, OH

#5 Aug 5, 2010
do they need asisant princpals at 60 or 70 thousand ayear get rid of them save a lot
can u answer

United States

#6 Aug 5, 2010
why do we have a person who makes up the lunch menu's at about 78,000 yr when the head cooks do the brunt of the work ? what about the lawn tractor's that the big shots just had to have and then contracted out the lawn service not using the tractor's they had purchased to mow the school lawns but I guess they did bring back the lawn tractor's where could they have been???? kinda looks like someone needed the lawn tractor's worse than the school system, here's an idea for our big spenders over at central office start cutting the fat where it needs to be cut AT THE TOP do we really need asst. for asst everyone over there has a secratary or an asst, and do you high rollers really need to make what you are making? I dont think so !!! lets fix the problem instead of taxing it
can u answer

United States

#7 Aug 5, 2010
lets not forget that for some reason this nice little county has trouble counting vote's every year it seem's that the machine seems to quit or go bonkers every time could this be the reason the tax levy's pass year after year , I was always taught that if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck thats because it is a duck!!!!! lets stop the fraud !!! now lets talk about the farm deal in the county why is it that the same people always seem to get the money first even before the rest of us know about it shouldnt it be a level playing field for everyone or will we let the politics continue to pad the pockets ???
poor tax payer

AOL

#8 Aug 12, 2010
i hear the school tax will cost 200.00 + dollars a year for a lot of property owners some of us can not pay that much
Home owner

West Union, OH

#9 Aug 12, 2010
Read the Minutes from the County Comm. They too are wanting to put a levy on the Ballot.. I am voting NO to all.
Also a home owner

Seaman, OH

#10 Aug 12, 2010
I agree completely about voting no for the tax levy. Nothing at all against renters but if you do not own property or pay property taxes you should not be allowed to vote on this issue. So many people are out of work or are going to get laid off....timing is bad for this levy I AM VOTING NO!!!!!!!!
Disgusted Peebles Ohio

United States

#11 Aug 14, 2010
They are asking the taxpayers for more money because there are increases in health care benefit costs and decreases in school funding?????????? I work a factory job with no health care benefits and cannot afford private health insurance.I pay taxes enough so federal,state,and county workers can have health insurance.Many companies have dropped health insurance or increased copays. Well,there is your solution for the health care cost. Do not be asking people who cannot afford their own health insurance to pay for yours.PAY FOR YOUR OWN.Everything that goes up in price affects everyone and you are not so special that everyone should pay your increase in cost. Pay it yourself like the rest of us have to.
Home owner

West Union, OH

#12 Aug 14, 2010
Also a home owner wrote:
I agree completely about voting no for the tax levy. Nothing at all against renters but if you do not own property or pay property taxes you should not be allowed to vote on this issue. So many people are out of work or are going to get laid off....timing is bad for this levy I AM VOTING NO!!!!!!!!
Renters better realize, higher property taxes mean higher Rent. Not sure how HUD/ Section 8 works. Can a Landlord raise the rent if they accept HUD?
poor tax payer

AOL

#13 Aug 19, 2010
schools could cut back on wastful spending i can not vote for big tax levy can not afford it
Tax heavy

Dayton, OH

#14 Aug 19, 2010
No to levy.5 saying no here.
Vote NO

West Union, OH

#15 Sep 2, 2012
Will there be a school tax levy on the ballot in November? Is everybody at the school very quiet because they want to sneak it on the ballot.

Anybody heard anything about this?

Voting NO!
number seventeen

West Union, OH

#16 Sep 16, 2012
Here is exactly what is wrong with our schools.
Number 17.
Propaganda being promoted in the schools instead of teaching reading, writing and arithmetic.
A whole day of wandering around, playing ball, watching propaganda on TV while Teachers get paid to slam it at them.

http://www.uhuh.com/nwo/communism/comgoals.ht...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dishonest people (Aug '14) 2 hr kitty 2
Kenny Baldwin 14 hr Yuck 3
Eric Hanneken 16 hr only if 2
Shannon Potts (Apr '11) Wed huh 12
Emily Fye Wed Haha 1
Heather Dawn? Wed friend 4
Danny hodge (May '12) Jul 28 Matt 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Union Mortgages