Obvious to outsiders
Saddened

Powell, OH

#1 Sep 26, 2012
I am so saddened by the obvious drug addictions that are rampant in this town. Everywhere I go I see so many people who are on heroin, meth & pills. I see kids who are having to raise themselves because their parents are too high to care. But what upsets me more is knowing that other people that aren't from here see it too. There was a gentleman here from Florida that told my daughter that he didn't know how she could stand to live here. She at first didn't know what he meant...she thought he was meaning because this is a small town with nothing really to do here. She said she was used to it because she was raised here. He said that's not what he meant...he said just being here for the few days that he was here he saw SO many people who are addicted, that it's completely obvious. Come on people... clean yourselves up. Get help and take care of your children. They need you!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#2 Sep 26, 2012
Whine some more. That'll cure the problem.
Great

Vandalia, OH

#3 Sep 26, 2012
this time the 1st wrote:
Whine some more. That'll cure the problem.
You are very annoying

Location hidden

#4 Sep 26, 2012
Great wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very annoying
That's kinda sad, isn't it?

My position is that we just plain need to run the drug bunch right out of here. I won't apologize for that.
Wish I could move

United States

#5 Sep 26, 2012
What's your suggested method to "run the drug bunch right out of here"??

Location hidden

#6 Sep 26, 2012
Not smart to discuss ideas where folks can go cry to daddy.

Let's consider the 'proper' things, though. Mentioned not renting to 'em somewhere in these threads.Seriously, just don't. Apply pressure to those that do rent to 'em. There really isn't that big a secret about who is involved. Simple way to make 'em move on - cut down the local options.

Anyone can screw up once. That's an education. Screw up twice and that's being stupid and West Union does have a place to put your kids. I survived Wilson's Childrens Home in the 60s and I see it's still in business. Don't be whinin' that that isn't best for the children. Drug factory in the kitchen isn't in the best interest of the children.

Just a coupla ideas. There's always more. Some maybe not so nice.
Everywhere

Troy, OH

#7 Sep 27, 2012
Saddened wrote:
I am so saddened by the obvious drug addictions that are rampant in this town. Everywhere I go I see so many people who are on heroin, meth & pills. I see kids who are having to raise themselves because their parents are too high to care. But what upsets me more is knowing that other people that aren't from here see it too. There was a gentleman here from Florida that told my daughter that he didn't know how she could stand to live here. She at first didn't know what he meant...she thought he was meaning because this is a small town with nothing really to do here. She said she was used to it because she was raised here. He said that's not what he meant...he said just being here for the few days that he was here he saw SO many people who are addicted, that it's completely obvious. Come on people... clean yourselves up. Get help and take care of your children. They need you!
There are drug addicts everywhere, I don't get where people here just think this area has the "most" or is "special". Ironic from a Florida person, considering from what I understand has the most lax doctors who throw pills around like candy, I've also been told people from here take "pill" trips down there, it's disgusting.

But in all honesty, this place is paradise compared to a real city like Columbus or Cincinnati. Take a walk down Vine Street in Cincinnati sometime. You'll see bullet holes in walls, homeless, drug dealers on every corner THEN you will see real problems.

I know many people say there is nothing to do around here, but I fail to see it. I guess people expect entertainment to be hand delivered to them in a package every day as opposed to working for it by taking up art or music or any other kind of hobby like so many others in areas like this do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kathy Bradford 5 hr josie 1
jim pertuset 10 hr Duhh 4
News Two Ohio coal-fired plants to close, deepening ... 17 hr PJDT watch 273
When is gaffin appeal 19 hr Protect the innoc... 4
fred davis (Mar '13) Sun keep out of my house 6
tim. wesley date raper (Apr '16) Sun Smart one 3
Drugs (Feb '16) Sun Mighty Mouse 2

West Union Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance