Life Impact Church
what

Columbus, OH

#168 Apr 27, 2012
While I do not judge people who have tattoos and go to church and work beside many who do, I am wondering how you say that Leviticus 19:28 (Amplified) is taken out of context. It says,
"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord."
I personally am tired of this discussion and the judgemental people who are posting all kinds of different things on here. Matt can be forgiven if he repents. Contrary to many of the statements made, he doesn't need any of our opinions or even our forgiveness. God's is what counts. However, I also see a lot ignorance about scripture being tossed around both like a toy and weapon.
I will stick with the Phil 2:12 that says Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
I am a pastor. I hurt for the damage that this incident has caused in the lives of many people as well as the body of Christ, but I also hurt for those who apparently are igornant to what the bible says about sin, judging others, church leadership, and being a godly example.
I believe we need to spend less time talking and more time on our knees. If all the people who have posted lives were revealed to others on here, I wonder how much they would have to say then. God sees everything. He is recording everything in "the books" so how about focusing on your salvation with FEAR and TREMBLING.
Serious wrote:
<quoted text>
No offense but there is no scriptural basis that says do not get a tattoo. The only scriptures that people quote are taken out of context. I am so tired of Christians Using the Bible as a weapon against each other. Reading Chrisitians responses on here quoting Bible verses to defend their unforgiving bigotred addtitudes turns me off. I look at the example of Jesus and he never did any such thing. You people have missed the mark not the tatoo marked individuals and the pastor that had a moral failure. I wonder what Jesus would rather have.
Holy moly

Fenton, MO

#169 Apr 27, 2012
Never put him down in anyway I just stated it's silly to beleive it's just a book and I don't convict or condemn anyone it's not my job, I just believe it's the word of God and will believe and stand on that till the day I die and I hope you believe it too!! And really saying silly is bad well I'm sorry you believe that's wrong Atleast I didn't say what he said and ain't you kinda judging me, oh well im done venting but I will take up for my church, my God and also what I believe is right sorry if I offended anyone but you must be bold and stand on what you believe is right because if you don't you can open doors up for other things
Well

Cincinnati, OH

#170 Apr 27, 2012
Will getting a Tattoo send you to hell?

No.

Move on
Light

Delaware, OH

#171 Apr 27, 2012
Holy moly wrote:
The bible is the word of God you silly man not just a book read the first chapter of the book of John and just because you don't believe it doesn't make it any less real
History will show that there is a bunch of books that have been taken out of, or not even put in the modern version of the bible. Your putting to much trust in people of the past doing the honest thing. I could write a book with what I think is right and slap a cover on it that says "The Bible". Maybe like King James did, hmmm. I'm not knocking your religion and am glad that your sticking to your guns. But you will not find god in a book. And you can quote passages all day long, its just how you interpt the moral stories. I think you should think of your bible as a sign post showing YOU, not everyone else, how to find god. And just cause it says something doesn't mean its absolution. If so, I could stone several people to death. May also want to come to terms that god is also a god of vengeance too, and not always forgiveness. Your bible will show alot of vengeance in the old testiment. One would think it would NOT be wise to always think your forgiven. You'll always pay the piper one way or another. May be also wise to think that if the devil is true evil, whose to say that he hasn't corrupted your bible throughout the years. After all, its a lot easier to change words then to change hearts. You may not believe that he has, but it doesn't make it any less real if he has indeed. Follow your heart before you follow a book.
Dont Watch This

Vandalia, OH

#172 Apr 27, 2012
If you watch this video, your faith will be shattered or severely shaken.

..."Former fundamentalist and Bible scholar Bart Ehrman discusses the mistakes in the Gospels. Copies of copies of copies have been produced over the years and a careful comparison reveals the changes from one to another.How can the Gospels be trusted?"

DO NOT WATCH THIS
Truth

Cincinnati, OH

#173 Apr 27, 2012
Light wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true, one can find it out with minimal research. Some of you need to quit worrying what a book,(aka the bible, and I mean no offense with this), has to say about living your life. More then likely you already know right from wrong anyway. Might want to ask yourself if your faith is in your god or in a book. Its a collection of moral stories. Thats right, stories, the "greatest story ever told".
For those that have a problem with drinking, you just put down about all catholics (aka, other christians). Who cares if Jesus drank wine. He built houses too. But I'm not a carpenter so I must be a sinner. For those against tattoo's and piercings "and your body is a temple, blah, blah, blah) Its that person's body, they can do with it as they want. Think of it as decoration instead a ruination, because those with the tats and piercings do. Its like someone saying your a POS for driving a car your favorite color.
Nothing against the christian religion but it has a long past steeped in blood, cruelty, and deception. History has shown this and it seems that it will probably repeat it eventually if this is the way some of you will continue to act. Too many of you are concerned about other peoples souls and not your own. Tend to your own f*cking (this word, not a sin either)garden before screwing around in other gardens.
The more I read on this site the more I come to understand that the ministers of this world have missed the mark. Preachers including Pastor Matt have been so busy building empires that they have missed the real reason for the ministry, it is to train Christians. If we receive someone into our Church and then do not teach them God's Word we are only building a social club or a place of entertainment. The book that you refer to contains the very essence of God. It is His will for man and the answer to any problem a Christian can have. John 1:1 says that it is God.
You have said that there is nothing wrong with drinking wine. The reason that many in the Church have problems with drinking is not whether or not it is forbidden by Scripture but their problem lies with the damage that drinking wine or any alcoholic beverage can do to the individual. When considering Christianity it goes beyond Scripture it also considers Church tradition when deciding what is right or wrong. The Protestant Church has historically stood against drinking. You also mentioned in your post that a person can do what ever they want to their body and that it is no body's business what they do. You are your own free will agent you can do what you want, however, you will have to one day stand before God and give account for all of your actions. You will not be able to offer feeble excuses at that time. Then you must be covered in the blood of the Lamb and have your name written in the Lamb's book of life. Jesus is the lamb and he died so that you could have forgiveness for your sins. If you choose not to take His Word seriously then that is up to you. Jesus wants all to come to repentance and to turn from sin. With salvation comes the Holy Spirit and He will be your comforter and constant friend. There are many today who are busy trying to compromise Christianity and water down the truths of the Bible. However, God created this world for His pleasure and not for our pleasure. God will have the last word not man. If you do not know Jesus and you are trying to figure out why this world does not make since then turn to Jesus now and you will gain understanding. To become a Christian pray this prayer "Dear Jesus, come into my heart and be the Lord of my life. I admit that I am a sinner in need of your grace, I pray for your forgiveness for my sins in the name of Jesus. I am asking you to be the Lord of my life and to guide me into tour righteousness." After doing this find a church that is based upon God's Word and that teaches the precepts of His Word.
John

Dayton, OH

#174 Apr 27, 2012
I prayed that prayer now I'm going to Life Impact church cause Boyd Young preaches it because he lives it!!'
Truth

Cincinnati, OH

#175 Apr 27, 2012
Pastor Boyd is a very good man just like his son. Keep your eyes on the Creator and pray for His creation, because we are fallible. Life Impact Church is a good church, I know this because I was a member before I moved away. There was a lot at Life Impact Church that was not Biblical and some of what I saw grieved my spirit. However, the Church is like a large passenger ship on life's stormy sea. Many times people believe that when the Church springs a leak it is time to abandon ship, however, many who do this do not survive because they are unable to tread water long enough to find a new ship. We must all work together to bail out the water so that we can fix the leak. This how a healthy Church survives, through unity.
thump

Cincinnati, OH

#176 Apr 27, 2012
This is about Matt and whats her name. Maybe Matt needs neutered? Spray your area like a male cat. Maybe he needs to feel like the lamb and feel like he is getting whipped for his actions. Until then nothing seems to have changed.

Quit referring to the Pastor Boyd and the Church as if they are all alike and are suffering with Matt. Evidently they have different bodies. Faith vs religion vs hypocrites.

Like somebody said we all answer at the gate but not one person mentioned all the other people that have been really left behind and put down for standing up against this alleged brother Matt at the chicken ranch.(Brothel) We are not going to suffer with Brothel Matt's actions. You are on your own. Smack!

Quit feeling sorry for brothel Matt and kick his a@@! Make him feel like the lamb and beg forgiveness. Some people don't feel the least bit sorry for him. Meee for one.

By the way they don't charge at the gate or do they?

Whatcha you say here Brothel Matt? Stand up.
Run

Cleves, OH

#177 Apr 27, 2012
Run him out like they did the fat youth pastor
Curious

United States

#179 Apr 27, 2012
What denomination is Life Impact church? Life Impact sounds mixed up and a lot of confusion going on there.
Answer

United States

#181 Apr 27, 2012
Curious wrote:
What denomination is Life Impact church? Life Impact sounds mixed up and a lot of confusion going on there.
Officially they're assemblies of god. But they have all denominations there and don't push one specific faith.

That's their problem. Matt is AoG but they have baptist and Methodist there. The former youth pastor is red letter which to best of my knowledge just means liberal "Christian"
Serious

United States

#182 Apr 27, 2012
Answer wrote:
<quoted text>
Officially they're assemblies of god. But they have all denominations there and don't push one specific faith.
That's their problem. Matt is AoG but they have baptist and Methodist there. The former youth pastor is red letter which to best of my knowledge just means liberal "Christian"
They are independent.
Wow

Cincinnati, OH

#183 Apr 27, 2012
Not the truth wrote:
You don't Pastor Boyd either. He has committed same sins as his son. Not judging, just telling facts. <quoted text>
Those are strong accusations, when did this happen and was he also a Pastor when it happened? Do you know it for a fact or this something you heard?
Info

Cincinnati, OH

#184 Apr 27, 2012
Curious wrote:
The church was supposed to have joined the Assemblies of God two years ago.
Yes

Dayton, OH

#185 Apr 27, 2012
I just want to say that I go to life impact and through everything I will continue to go there. We don't look down on anyone, yes Matt made a mistake and he stepped down because he felt it was the right thing to do as do I, that being said our church will continue to grow and do what we do best and that is serve the community. You see what alot of people don't know is we do a adopt a block where we go out to different neighborhoods and have cookouts and help out anyway we can, we have jail ministries, we are opening the new dream center for addicts here in the county that have no money to get in a treatment program and we do many more ministries too. I want to say the talk on hear is tough and it does really hurt but I want you all to know I hold no Hard feeling toward any of you because at one time I used to put down Christians and used to love to make people mad because before I was saved it was all about me but let me tell you something when I got saved at life impact I felt loved there and I didn't even know anyone but it didn't seem to matter they treated me like family because that's how it is there. I love my brothers and sisters in Christ and not only the ones that go to my church but all churches, that is how the word teaches us and Matt is a awesome teacher and teacher of the word and yes he messed up but don't we all at one time or another. The bible said we all sin and fall short of the glory of God besides that our church does get put down more than any other but look at the fruit, there are souls saved for the kingdom at every service, at Easter Sunday alone there were 110 people saved and believe me that's what I call fruit. If anyone of you do not have a home church I would like to invite you and find out for yourselves this website is trash talking and by no means represents our church we are taught biblical principals and how we should live does that mean that all 500 of the people that attend the church will do the right thing no it doesn't, but to look at Matts mistake a judge the church is not right and Matt is still loved by everyone of us because we don't turn our back on people just cause they made 1 mistake we let them know it's okay yes you messed up but we love you and are still here for you that's what Jesus would do because our God is a merciful God. I want everyone to know that I pray for everyone on this site that your eyes be opened and your hearts be softened and your ears be opened to hear God calling you to be the person he wants you to be Christians and not Christians alike, thank you and God bless
Light

Delaware, OH

#186 Apr 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The more I read on this site the more I come to understand that the ministers of this world have missed the mark. Preachers including Pastor Matt have been so busy building empires that they have missed the real reason for the ministry, it is to train Christians. If we receive someone into our Church and then do not teach them God's Word we are only building a social club or a place of entertainment. The book that you refer to contains the very essence of God. It is His will for man and the answer to any problem a Christian can have. John 1:1 says that it is God.
You have said that there is nothing wrong with drinking wine. The reason that many in the Church have problems with drinking is not whether or not it is forbidden by Scripture but their problem lies with the damage that drinking wine or any alcoholic beverage can do to the individual. When considering Christianity it goes beyond Scripture it also considers Church tradition when deciding what is right or wrong. The Protestant Church has historically stood against drinking. You also mentioned in your post that a person can do what ever they want to their body and that it is no body's business what they do. You are your own free will agent you can do what you want, however, you will have to one day stand before God and give account for all of your actions. You will not be able to offer feeble excuses at that time. Then you must be covered in the blood of the Lamb and have your name written in the Lamb's book of life. Jesus is the lamb and he died so that you could have forgiveness for your sins. If you choose not to take His Word seriously then that is up to you. Jesus wants all to come to repentance and to turn from sin. With salvation comes the Holy Spirit and He will be your comforter and constant friend. There are many today who are busy trying to compromise Christianity and water down the truths of the Bible. However, God created this world for His pleasure and not for our pleasure. God will have the last word not man. If you do not know Jesus and you are trying to figure out why this world does not make since then turn to Jesus now and you will gain understanding. To become a Christian pray this prayer "Dear Jesus, come into my heart and be the Lord of my life. I admit that I am a sinner in need of your grace, I pray for your forgiveness for my sins in the name of Jesus. I am asking you to be the Lord of my life and to guide me into tour righteousness." After doing this find a church that is based upon God's Word and that teaches the precepts of His Word.
First and foremost, I do follow a faith, and its not christianty. Second, I don't have a problem with christians whatsoever, just pushy, arrogant people. Like I said before, the bible is used as a sign post for YOU, not everyone. My god is all around me, I don't need a book to find him. So don't preach to me about what I should and shouldn't do and how I'm going to face god then probably burn in hell and spout quotes that someone wrote in a book. I guess when I'm there in front of god, me, the dalai lama, gandhi, sitting bull, and buddha and every other religious leaders other then christian can all roast together. Like I said, I have a faith, and its not yours, but I'm not going to tell you to come over to mine. I'm fine with what you believe as long as its good. But don't try to spoon feed me a prayer and tell me to come and find Jesus at a church. Christianity is not the end all to beat all, neither is mine. Your bible can be the essence of god, so be it, mine is the earth,nature,the universe. After all, it came long before paper and ink, and no where in it does the bible say "published in heaven". Now, I will not leave you with me praying for you, I'll just leave you with "may fair winds blow great blessings upon you". My god sends this to you and he didn't even have to write it in a book.

To "Don't watch this", excellent link, it proved my point.
Tattooed and proud of it

United States

#187 Apr 28, 2012
I have to say to all the people that are judging Matt, I feel really sorry for you! Cause in the end you will be the one that will be judged by God! Nobody goes without sin.
Be smart

Dayton, OH

#188 Apr 28, 2012
Yes wrote:
I just want to say that I go to life impact and through everything I will continue to go there. We don't look down on anyone, yes Matt made a mistake and he stepped down because he felt it was the right thing to do as do I, that being said our church will continue to grow and do what we do best and that is serve the community. You see what alot of people don't know is we do a adopt a block where we go out to different neighborhoods and have cookouts and help out anyway we can, we have jail ministries, we are opening the new dream center for addicts here in the county that have no money to get in a treatment program and we do many more ministries too. I want to say the talk on hear is tough and it does really hurt but I want you all to know I hold no Hard feeling toward any of you because at one time I used to put down Christians and used to love to make people mad because before I was saved it was all about me but let me tell you something when I got saved at life impact I felt loved there and I didn't even know anyone but it didn't seem to matter they treated me like family because that's how it is there. I love my brothers and sisters in Christ and not only the ones that go to my church but all churches, that is how the word teaches us and Matt is a awesome teacher and teacher of the word and yes he messed up but don't we all at one time or another. The bible said we all sin and fall short of the glory of God besides that our church does get put down more than any other but look at the fruit, there are souls saved for the kingdom at every service, at Easter Sunday alone there were 110 people saved and believe me that's what I call fruit. If anyone of you do not have a home church I would like to invite you and find out for yourselves this website is trash talking and by no means represents our church we are taught biblical principals and how we should live does that mean that all 500 of the people that attend the church will do the right thing no it doesn't, but to look at Matts mistake a judge the church is not right and Matt is still loved by everyone of us because we don't turn our back on people just cause they made 1 mistake we let them know it's okay yes you messed up but we love you and are still here for you that's what Jesus would do because our God is a merciful God. I want everyone to know that I pray for everyone on this site that your eyes be opened and your hearts be softened and your ears be opened to hear God calling you to be the person he wants you to be Christians and not Christians alike, thank you and God bless
I dont agree with you. You may have not turned your back on Pastor Matt. But the church did turn their back on the Youth Pastor Jeramiah Young. Pastor Matt has done the same.
Answer

United States

#190 Apr 28, 2012
Be smart wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont agree with you. You may have not turned your back on Pastor Matt. But the church did turn their back on the Youth Pastor Jeramiah Young. Pastor Matt has done the same.
No ones turned their back on him. He chose to continue his sin. Cant blame people for not wanting to associate with him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why did God create the white man and the black ... (May '10) 23 hr MARTEESE 125
What happened to that snitch bitch chuck wilson Thu Only in Adams County 3
Dennis j may Wed Franko 25
Adams County Judge Discriminating (Nov '11) Sep 25 Bobby 53
dr.martin hajjar (Dec '09) Sep 24 Blah n Winfield 98
Jerren purdue Sep 23 sidechick 2
What Qualities Does It Take To Be The Worst Mot... Sep 20 watcher 1

West Union Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance