Life Impact Church
First Prev
of 23
Next Last
Rescue Me

Peebles, OH

#1 Nov 27, 2011
What is up with this church? Heard good and bad.
Annon

Peebles, OH

#2 Nov 27, 2011
I've went to this church for almost a year. This is an amazing church to a point but if you absolutely need help, they only help the people they know or who volunteer at their church. My sister called for a straight week trying to get food for her and her family, & they never returned her phone call. I tried to get help on my rent but they helped one of their close friends instead. The material is good and the music is amazing but if their for their congregation they need to be there for them and take their calls.
Bubba

United States

#3 Nov 27, 2011
I went to this church and that preacher says it plain and simple and your right the music is really awesome and as far as benevolence I heard they give out huge sums of money out to the community for people that really need it so I dont know about how they answer every call that's made but just ask around the community of west union and you will find out they do way
more than their share but I do hear they check out the people they give out money too so that it's not used for drugs or booze but I think they are a pretty decent church and really think that they act like Christians so that's my opinion anyway but that's what I hear anyway but I don't see all these people lying just to make this church look good lol
Danny V

United States

#4 Nov 27, 2011
Yeh you can't expect to just call up a church and they don't know you and say give me some money if it was that easy welfare wouldn't be in existence. So maybe go to the welfare office that's why they call it government assistance and if you have kids they will help you if you don't you need to get a job and quit whining because alot of people are always looking for handouts

Monroeville, OH

#5 Nov 28, 2011
I have went to this church a few times and I really enjoyed it. Everyone was nice and I wish I could attend more often.
a friend

Dearborn, MI

#6 Nov 29, 2011
Our church is awesome , people complain about what our church does , because people want something for nothing , what I mean in order to get help first help yourself meanings give your life to God and then ask god to help, you will find out God does amazing things ,
Tabby

United States

#7 Nov 29, 2011
Very well said
b_n_n

West Union, OH

#8 Nov 29, 2011
If you go to church it should be to worship, not for a hand out. Not saying a church isn't suppose to help the community. Just saying you should go for spiritual gain, not monetary gain. To "Rescue Me", the only way to really find out about the church is to attend a service and see if it is for you. I've been going there for about 8 months and I really enjoy it. They have a wonderful children's church also :o)
Miranda

Howell, MI

#9 Feb 25, 2012
I've give to this church for three years. I was a teen who absolutely hated church. I walked intimately this church and they showed me so much love. They are a caring and understanding church. They have turned my life around for the better. If you don't like the church, that's your opinion. But until you 've been there, you wouldn't understand how amazing and caring the church is. I will defend my church til the day i die.
Fox

Peebles, OH

#11 Feb 26, 2012
Well I haven't been to this church personally, but I have known they Young Family for many years since I was little and they used to sing in those Old Country Churches with fire and brimstone. Now I have had some friends go there and for at least 20 minutes they preach on tidings before they have an actual sermon. Myself I think there is alot of Hypocrits that go to this church. If your goin to church to worship God you need to worship him 7 days a week and not just 1 day a week when it's convient for you. Another thing I grew up in church all my life and may not go now, but I know the difference between right and wrong and yes churches help in the community, but you don't need to preach on tidings before you take up an offering. Some people just don't have it all the time to give the extra and no their not goin to go to Hell because they didn't give. God doesn't care if you are able to give or not to give. As long as your worshiping and loving Him and living right they way you should God will always be there. He even hears a Sinner's prayer. My opinion in this church is just another building in this community that is wanting you to give them money. Goin to church isn't all about money it's about fellowship and worshiping God and feeling His presence and Spirit. Thats what I think about this church! Yes I was raised in those Old Country Churches with Fire and Brimstone and those preacher's that jump and holler and say Whoopy Thank Ya Jesus and doesn't care how you dress as long as you are there. They love you for who you are.
TheOpinionist

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Mar 3, 2012
WoW - This is Not A Shocking Steriotipical View!
OutOfTowner57 wrote:
i know a few wanna be christians that go to church there & they are far from being a christian and that is 1 of the reasons i wont go to that church. they all talk bout each other, cuss, with two different guys or girls a week, piercings all over their faces, tattoos, and uses people. then thinks they can go to church and repent on sunday or wednesday and everything will be ok. if i was the pastor i would be devestated to have people like that in my church and representing my church
---------- well... In my opinion,(because i do read the bible), I believe (you otta give reading it a try too) The Bible teaches us: NOT to Judge, for that judgment may fall upon the one being judgmental someday. you spoke of the congregation talking about one another, yet you slander a church to others online? That same Bible teaches Sin is sin, its all BAD, NONE ANY WORSE THAN THE OTHER. So..doesnt that mean your just like those that you just called judgment out upon? Having said that, I have one more thing.
You spoke of
OutOfTowner57 wrote:
if i was the pastor i would be devestated to have people like that in my church and representing my church
I know for one, I wouldnt want a person,(let alone a pastor) that dont read enough of the bible to talk about the rules behind it, online and otherwise. it shows you need to find a peau. And you might as well forget about setting among a perfect congregation, THERES NO SUCH THING. the bible says, there is no man without sin except for Jesus. and if your a good pastor, then you should preach the bible teaching on how to live positve through God and to spread the word of his wonderfulness, and to do so as if Jesus is among the body of the church every time.
----------LONG STORY SHORT- AS LONG AS THE WORD IS 'RIGHT' AND 'GOOD','SET DOWN' AND 'LISTEN!'
keep self in line

Waverly, OH

#19 Mar 3, 2012
Everyone seems to love bashing someone else.
Read the Bible for yourself, if the Preacher isn't Preaching sound Biblical doctrine... look elsewhere.
Live YOUR LIFE for the Lord, Salvation is a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
Joe Smith's life will not get you to heaven or send you to hell, your own life will determine where you spend eternity.
I personally do not believe in Preaching on tithing or "pat you on the back" candy coated Religion.
Give as the Spirit leads you to give.
If a Preacher doesn't "feed me" or "fault me" one of us isn't living like we should be.
Heather

West Union, OH

#23 Mar 4, 2012
I go to Life Impact, and there are sinners in every church. No one is perfect. Thats what churches are for, to ask for forgiveness, to worship the Lord, and oh yeah, for those of you who want to say you dont have to give, you are wrong. The bible says give 10%. Rather it be your time, your money or whatever, it says it plain as day. GIVE! How else are we gonna help everyone on drugs with our dream center. Gotta pay for it somehow. Oh yeah as far as tattoos.. Im covered. Doesnt make me horrible. How dare you try to turn away someone with tattoos or piercings? What if we got all these tattoos before we were saved? What if Jesus turned you away because your ugly? Judge not! Obviously we are doing our job, and spreading the Gospel, because it sounds like we are making the devil pretty mad. P.S. Why would we wanna reach out to the super saints? We know where they stand. We are trying to save the sinners and get them into Heaven. No matter what you all say about us... we will continue to Praise the Lord!
LocalizedLocal

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Mar 5, 2012
Heck Yeah Heather, Amen! to that!
titheing

United States

#26 Mar 6, 2012
Heather wrote:
I go to Life Impact, and there are sinners in every church. No one is perfect. Thats what churches are for, to ask for forgiveness, to worship the Lord, and oh yeah, for those of you who want to say you dont have to give, you are wrong. The bible says give 10%. Rather it be your time, your money or whatever, it says it plain as day. GIVE! How else are we gonna help everyone on drugs with our dream center. Gotta pay for it somehow. Oh yeah as far as tattoos.. Im covered. Doesnt make me horrible. How dare you try to turn away someone with tattoos or piercings? What if we got all these tattoos before we were saved? What if Jesus turned you away because your ugly? Judge not! Obviously we are doing our job, and spreading the Gospel, because it sounds like we are making the devil pretty mad. P.S. Why would we wanna reach out to the super saints? We know where they stand. We are trying to save the sinners and get them into Heaven. No matter what you all say about us... we will continue to Praise the Lord!
Actually Heather, it is not time, but your fruits or money. That is if you go by the old laws, old testimate.

No where does it say 10% in the New testimate, other than a brief mention of Micheseldech (spelling?) in Hebrews, but Paul was not talking of titheing.
it is

Dayton, OH

#27 Mar 6, 2012
are you wrote:
<quoted text>
are you the Heather that stole her best friends husband? all members right there in that church? IF thats what goes on then no thank you on praising the lord there
It must be! Keep on preaching Heather. Dont judge lest you be judged!
lol what fonnies

Spring Hill, FL

#33 Mar 13, 2012
I was raised a Baptist and always will be my children r raised the same and our church's believe that u should treat others as u would want to be treated so if say I was on a bad leg and I needed help I would want to find some body that is a real God fearing person to help me as I do others that's y our church's help people no matter the color of skin or gender extra. We treat people as we would want to be treated like I said before. We don't say Falwell they don't go t our church and we don't know them so forget it they will be OK I mean honestly how would u feel if somebody pushed u aside and u really need it. It wouldn't feel great would it how would God srlee it if it was him that was on the other line of that phone and u pushed him aside??????????
lol what fonnies

Spring Hill, FL

#34 Mar 13, 2012
Pleasgive my spelling LOL I'm sure u know what I ment
just a thought

Orlando, FL

#35 Mar 14, 2012
its true that this church only helps the people who they pastor and his wife are close to seems the workers around the church recieve the help witnessed this first hand on top of that what is this church saying to people who attend this church when they have jeremiah young working there when he cheated on his wife with another woman who is in the church just dont seem like you would want a adultress working in close contact with young teens who are easily influenced makes me wonder how can they be all about helping drug users and rapeist but the people who are clean decent people cant get help with things they truely need seems they focus on friends and family in the church rather then the people in the church who are struggling i watched matt young one service help a woman who works there to get her rent paid in full but another person needed help and they said they would help then never contacted them again to even help its sad this worlds full of deceptive people and the pastor matt at life impacts doing things all wrong but god will take away every thing just as fast as he gave it ive seen many churches fall apart because they were doing things for their own glory instead of for gods glory
titheing

United States

#36 Mar 14, 2012
just a thought wrote:
its true that this church only helps the people who they pastor and his wife are close to seems the workers around the church recieve the help witnessed this first hand on top of that what is this church saying to people who attend this church when they have jeremiah young working there when he cheated on his wife with another woman who is in the church just dont seem like you would want a adultress working in close contact with young teens who are easily influenced makes me wonder how can they be all about helping drug users and rapeist but the people who are clean decent people cant get help with things they truely need seems they focus on friends and family in the church rather then the people in the church who are struggling i watched matt young one service help a woman who works there to get her rent paid in full but another person needed help and they said they would help then never contacted them again to even help its sad this worlds full of deceptive people and the pastor matt at life impacts doing things all wrong but god will take away every thing just as fast as he gave it ive seen many churches fall apart because they were doing things for their own glory instead of for gods glory
Many of the workers at LIC give a lot of time to the church, and give up a lot, some including good jobs they could otherwise have. The family that you speak of had financial issues due to a lost job, they needed help, pastor asked for help for the family and helped the family out. Both Husband and wife are doing valuable services for this church that would be highly paid for in the private sector.

It saddend me to that there are poeple who think that LIC does not have outreach programs. They help so many poeple each week it is incredible. And most of the are "not their own". How can you be so self ritiouse anyways...sometimes a churches flock need help...many of the folks that go to LIC are down on their luck and need help. I myself am amazed at all ator Matt and Holly do for the community is amazing, poeple just do not realize.

Please forgive them for not handing out money for someone in need, we do not know the intention or the situation that was surrounding this event.LIC is not a bottemless pit of Money, maybe that family could look at some of the sacrifices they could have made to save up money, like giving up smoking or other vices that cost an incredible amount of money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girl left by boyfriend at Wal Mart 44 min thief 2
ritchie Harris 58 min Apt number 20
could somebody please fix Dennis May up with a ... (Nov '10) 2 hr gojo 14
Adams County Hookers (Oct '14) 4 hr hopefully helpful 24
Prather's IGA Is Racist (Jun '10) 16 hr igetattention 71
troy davis is rat! 16 hr weak 12
Timber ridge apt 19 hr worthless CPS 54
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Union Mortgages