Since: Jan 12

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Sep 1, 2012
Walmart needs a few check out lines just for us real Americans paying with cash. It's crazy just how many ebt people that ram sack Walmart on the first. If they work as hard as the do emptying all the self and backing all the check out lines up then they may slow down on over filling there carts and conserve some of there money.
and just sayin my piece

Peebles, OH

#3 Sep 6, 2012
Made the mistake of shopping at Wallyworld on Saturday. Really made me question my own intelligence for not putting that off for a day or so. Your post describes it all pretty accurately. I was particularly fond of the folks that figure the middle of the driveway in front of the store's doors is the perfect place to stop and carry on conversations. I mean, who cares if the drivers have to sit and wait while you all talk about whatever?(This was at both doors. Unbelievable.)
citizen on patrol

Wixom, MI

#4 Sep 9, 2012
i agree but i wish i had a ebt card
macy

The Plains, OH

#5 Sep 9, 2012
I get in the normal line, and, they are taking the EBT people! Omg! We cash paying peeps can't get a break!
In The Know

Lucasville, OH

#6 Sep 10, 2012
Not all people who have an EBT card go to Walmart as soon as their card is loaded... And just because someone has an EBT card doesn't mean that they don't work. My husband & I both work very hard, but last year my husband lost his very good paying job of almost 20 years. He was unemployed for a little over a year. He's finally back to work but we don't make anywhere near what we used to, and we had no choice but to sign up for assistance.... We had never had to ask for assistance ever before. I COMPLETELY understand the rant about Walmart, but even if ALL the people that came in there were paying with cash, they still wouldn't open up any more lanes to acommodate people!
and just sayin my piece

Peebles, OH

#7 Sep 10, 2012
In The Know wrote:
Not all people who have an EBT card go to Walmart as soon as their card is loaded... And just because someone has an EBT card doesn't mean that they don't work. My husband & I both work very hard, but last year my husband lost his very good paying job of almost 20 years. He was unemployed for a little over a year. He's finally back to work but we don't make anywhere near what we used to, and we had no choice but to sign up for assistance.... We had never had to ask for assistance ever before. I COMPLETELY understand the rant about Walmart, but even if ALL the people that came in there were paying with cash, they still wouldn't open up any more lanes to acommodate people!
I'll concede that what you say is true. I understand that a lot of people are in much tighter circumstances than they used to be.

However, the OP was on point. Saturday was a bad day to go to Wallyworld. Empty shelves. Long lines. SLOW lines while the cashiers dealt with the EBT system. A REALLY large lack of simple courtesy from a large proportion of buyers.

It wasn't a good shopping trip.
In The Know

United States

#8 Sep 10, 2012
and just sayin my piece wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll concede that what you say is true. I understand that a lot of people are in much tighter circumstances than they used to be.
However, the OP was on point. Saturday was a bad day to go to Wallyworld. Empty shelves. Long lines. SLOW lines while the cashiers dealt with the EBT system. A REALLY large lack of simple courtesy from a large proportion of buyers.
It wasn't a good shopping trip.
I'm to the point that I can't stand to go to Walmart anymore, no matter what time of the month it is. Every single time I go there's always long, slow lines, empty shelves and rude and disrespectful people....
red white and blue

Rogers, KY

#9 Sep 10, 2012
In The Know wrote:
Glade u where able to get it. I worked hard made great money. Took care of my wife and three kids. Paid my taxes and when I lost my job and collected unemployment witch was less then 300 awk they told me I made too much for food stamps.
red white and blue

Rogers, KY

#10 Sep 10, 2012
In The Know wrote:
<quoted text>I'm to the point that I can't stand to go to Walmart anymore, no matter what time of the month it is. Every single time I go there's always long, slow lines, empty shelves and rude and disrespectful people....
I wish iga would have a little better meats and a better sit up. I like to be able to take my money some where else. Walmart like everything else have fallen from there values that made them
In The Know

Sardinia, OH

#11 Sep 11, 2012
red white and blue wrote:
<quoted text>
Glade u where able to get it. I worked hard made great money. Took care of my wife and three kids. Paid my taxes and when I lost my job and collected unemployment witch was less then 300 awk they told me I made too much for food stamps.
We don't get much in food stamps but in this economy every little bit helps. I'm sorry you didn't qualify for assistance but don't understand why, especially since you have 3 children. Does your wife work?
In The Know

Sardinia, OH

#12 Sep 11, 2012
red white and blue wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish iga would have a little better meats and a better sit up. I like to be able to take my money some where else. Walmart like everything else have fallen from there values that made them
I like IGA but agree with you... I think IGA is too high on alot of their things now, and they need to rehab the inside to make it more appealing for customers. Walmart has definitely strayed away from their values that they had when they first opened. I hate going there anymore but have no choice... I visitd the Mt. Orab Kroger the other day & I have to say I wish they were closer! Wonderful selections and the atmosphere was very professional and the store is clean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff MCcarty charged with five new charges!! 11 min Dustin Taylor 154
Adams Co Chief Deputy formally charged with rap... 38 min somebody with morals 75
Roy Stricklett 3 hr big daddy 7
Auto Zone Charging County For Services Not Rend... 4 hr defender paper ar... 3
House for Rent 7 hr concerned citizen 2
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 hr Reality Speaks 34,861
Doug and Rhonda Grooms 21 hr WhoCares 1
West Union Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Union People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:48 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 3:48PM
Josh McCown decides to sign with the Cleveland Browns