Peoples Defender - Our Wonderful Loca...

Peoples Defender - Our Wonderful Local Paper

Posted in the West Union Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Holden Caulfield

Springfield, OH

#1 Feb 5, 2010
Let's hear it for the Peoples Defender!
wudude

Troy, OH

#2 Feb 5, 2010
lmao
Herb

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Feb 6, 2010
They went to the dogs when Brown publishing took it over.The Informer has them beat by a mile
What

Dayton, OH

#4 Feb 6, 2010
Wow, is this a cheerleader or what? Are you crazy. I agree with Herb just read the People's Defender it's rough. They avoid that sports writer whoever he thinks he is at the ballgames. He sits down the team moves. They don't really want to associate with him. Buy the Informer it's better. I've noticed that it is Adams County news.
Elmer

Springfield, OH

#5 Feb 10, 2010
What day does the Defender update their website?

The paper comes out on Wed morn and the website gets updated when? It's Wednesday late afternoon and they have last weeks edition posted.

I'm really interested in reading the latest "Lawshe Chatter." I hear Millie visited Gertrude for coffee and talked about the snow.
jack

United States

#6 Feb 10, 2010
the defender is a tradition in adams county i can't wait for wednesdays i go straight to the store to pick one up
Lol

Springfield, OH

#7 Feb 10, 2010
jack wrote:
the defender is a tradition in adams county i can't wait for wednesdays i go straight to the store to pick one up
You might want to see a therapist if you're that giddy about the Defender.
My Opinion

United States

#8 Feb 10, 2010
I almost alwasys buy The Defender on Wednesday and I was excited when I heard there would be a new paper that was better. I got The Informer and to me it was not as good as The Defender. Actually I thought it was almost like The Defender only not as much. I was hoping it would be a little more braver in it's reporting Adams County News.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#9 Feb 10, 2010
its a lot like the Defender because the guy that started the Informer used to work for the Defender... he knows the ins and outs of what they will put in their paper, so he knows what to add and what to avoid in his paper.
Denny

Springfield, OH

#10 Feb 11, 2010
I see this weeks paper has the annual

"Who Advertises With Us and Spends A Lot of Money"

aka "Who's Who in Adams County"
thinkingoutloud

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Feb 11, 2010
My Opinion wrote:
I almost alwasys buy The Defender on Wednesday and I was excited when I heard there would be a new paper that was better. I got The Informer and to me it was not as good as The Defender. Actually I thought it was almost like The Defender only not as much. I was hoping it would be a little more braver in it's reporting Adams County News.
Hey genious. The Informer is Adams County news. The Defender is Brown, Highland and everywhere else. They are owned by corporate dollarsa of Brown. At least The Informer is local people. Heck Even Butch at the Manchester Signal is local but he covers Brown. The Informer is only Adams. If you dont like dont buy it. Save a copy for people who do.
website

Paris, KY

#12 Feb 11, 2010
Does "The Informer" have a website? Ive not had any luck finding it if they do. Id like to be able to see the paper online. "The Defender's" site is gargage just like the paper itself is. But I keep looking at it cause its the best I have.
Go Informer

Muskegon, MI

#13 Feb 12, 2010
Agree with all who support The Informer! We finally have a county paper again. Since Brown bought the Defender it has gone to being a corporate paper and not local news. I have not had a subscription to the Defender in years and rarely buy one, but the Informer is delivered to my door each Tuesday and it is exciting to actually read about Adams County events.
The Scoop

Springfield, OH

#14 Feb 12, 2010
Regarding the article about the recent drug bust in the Peebles area...

The whole genesis of the bust originated in Peebles with Chief Sam Purdin. For Carleta Weyrich to publish an article which was basically a spoon-fed press release by the Sheriff is disgraceful and let me be kind... extremely lacking.

Who signed half of the indictments Carleta? Look that up, the courthouse is across the street from you.

I sincerely hope follow-up articles you write will start to repair your inattention and fill in the blanks of where this operation started, and Winchester deserves credit also.

You and the Defender need to step your game.

http://www.peoplesdefender.com/main.asp...
Looking for Local Stories

Iselin, NJ

#15 Feb 15, 2010
The defender is total garbage but was the best we had until the Informer came along. The Saturday paper is a total waste to get re-hashed Wednesday stories, a whole page about Nascar, and a bunch of ads.
They totally missed covering the scandal at the fair this year with Bob Wheeler using an untagged pig. Did anyone notice we did not have a reserve grand champion and it was not covered in the paper...even after sending them all of the details.
They clearly are about making money and not selling us news.
wobbles

Miamisburg, OH

#16 Feb 16, 2010
They should change their name to the "Courthouse Defender" since they've been in bed with those people for decades!!!!
My Opinion

United States

#17 Feb 16, 2010
thinkingoutloud wrote:
<quoted text> Hey genious. The Informer is Adams County news. The Defender is Brown, Highland and everywhere else. They are owned by corporate dollarsa of Brown. At least The Informer is local people. Heck Even Butch at the Manchester Signal is local but he covers Brown. The Informer is only Adams. If you dont like dont buy it. Save a copy for people who do.
Thank You, I am really smart but genious I don't know if I would go that far. You would think that a paper with only Adams County news would have more Adams County news than a paper with more than one county. That's why I am sticking with The Defender for now.
Good Job Defender

United States

#18 Feb 16, 2010
I actually liked one of the articles written in the Defender recently about the music played at the ball games. It actually was not a kiss butt article. I actually don't usually even listen to the music as it is so freaking loud I have to go out in the cafeteria till it is done most of the time.
vickie

Homer, OH

#19 Feb 16, 2010
Elmer wrote:
What day does the Defender update their website?
The paper comes out on Wed morn and the website gets updated when? It's Wednesday late afternoon and they have last weeks edition posted.
I'm really interested in reading the latest "Lawshe Chatter." I hear Millie visited Gertrude for coffee and talked about the snow.
rude rude rude
Knowledge Is Power

Dayton, OH

#20 Feb 16, 2010
I agree Vickie. Everyone knows that Millie would nevr visit Gertrude after that slut had the affair with her late husband,and besides coffee gives her the screaming shits for days,so they would have been talking about the brown snow behind her butt all the way home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tip tip tip 2 hr just sayin 6
Ericka Bennington 3 hr Wake Up People 5
Ashley Crawford 8 hr i no her husband 3
Election Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 12 hr Jerry K 35,342
Justice system in wu is a joke! Wed Really 39
i love you Gidget Tue star stuck 3
James Frey nd Kate Chander (Jan '14) Tue thatoneguy 3
More from around the web

West Union People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]