Remains of 13-Year-Old Missing Since 2010 Found

Apr 29, 2013 Full story: The Buckingham Post 11

Hailey Darlene Dunn's remains were found near Lake J.B. Thomas in Scurry county on March 16.

Full Story
mercy

Midland, TX

#1 Apr 29, 2013
my opinion the mother and her boyfriend are both guilty. what I will never understand is what could a child possibly do to desserve what happend to that innocent little girl. and then embrace the pitty that people were pouring out. they not only betraid her, they then took advantage of the public. I hope there is no mercy when they go to trial. I knew as soon as the mother had moved away that something wasnt right. who does that? just pointin it out, as a mother I would stay put in hopes of my child finding her way home. unless I knew she wasnt comming back. well this angel found her way home. I pray her story is told and her voice is heard when it comes to the courts.I pray for the loved ones she had to leave behind. the boy she never got to fall n love with, the children she will never have. the life she didnt get to live.
debbi

Beaver Falls, PA

#2 Apr 29, 2013
Hailey's remains were found 1 mile from the boyfriends mothers house! I see they were found in March but postive ID was very recent.

I read her clothing was found closeby. Same clothing she was wearing when she went missing!

Have the mother& the boyfriend been arrested for murder?

boyfriend was last person to see Hailey..
Hailey In Our Hearts

United States

#3 Apr 30, 2013
I have always known something is not right with Billie. And there is certainly something wrong with Shawn. They together are guilty of what happened to precious Hailey. Its obvious a man and drugs were more important to Billie then her child, Shawn is a child rapist- Billie caught him, but blamed Hailey, she saw Hailey as a rival for Shawn rather then a child and a victim. I hope there are needles ready and waiting for both of them, and that neither of them can " talk a deal" by seeing who will tell on the other first. It also makes me sick to think Billie is planning Hailey's funeral, hasn't she done enough already? And all of that is not just my opinion either. Let's see what a jury thinks.
Justice for Hailey

United States

#4 Apr 30, 2013
I just hope they bring justice to this childs senseless death quickly and dont cut anyone any deals along the way, no matter who they are.
mercy

Midland, TX

#5 Apr 30, 2013
debbi wrote:
Hailey's remains were found 1 mile from the boyfriends mothers house! I see they were found in March but postive ID was very recent.
I read her clothing was found closeby. Same clothing she was wearing when she went missing!
Have the mother& the boyfriend been arrested for murder?
boyfriend was last person to see Hailey..


neither has been arrested, and sofar shawn is named the only suspect. I live in this little town and hope that the town recovers and people open their eyes to see who their neighbors realy are and are not. I guard my children around family members just as much as I do them around perfect strangers now.
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#6 Apr 30, 2013
Hailey In Our Hearts wrote:
I have always known something is not right with Billie. And there is certainly something wrong with Shawn. They together are guilty of what happened to precious Hailey. Its obvious a man and drugs were more important to Billie then her child, Shawn is a child rapist- Billie caught him, but blamed Hailey, she saw Hailey as a rival for Shawn rather then a child and a victim. I hope there are needles ready and waiting for both of them, and that neither of them can " talk a deal" by seeing who will tell on the other first. It also makes me sick to think Billie is planning Hailey's funeral, hasn't she done enough already? And all of that is not just my opinion either. Let's see what a jury thinks.
Wow ! You mean to tell me S/A raped that child, and B/D blamed Hailey?
OMG ! How was this learned, when? This is pure sickening, as evil as one can be especially when it's your own..so called Mother..as a Loving Mother never would let anything such as this be kept quite, swept under the rug. Lord have mercy this is sad enough just knowing Hailey is deceased... let alone learning this. SMH ! I hope the jury thinks D/P and not 20 yrs down the road.

R.I.P. Angel.
Justice for Hailey

United States

#7 Apr 30, 2013
I read about those rape and murder out of jealousy allegations too. I thought it was the theory that came about after the word annalasys done by Peter Hyatt and a woman -her name I can't think of right now was made public. You can google that and read about it. So I don't know if it's actual fact or just theory.
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#8 May 1, 2013
Justice for Hailey wrote:
I read about those rape and murder out of jealousy allegations too. I thought it was the theory that came about after the word annalasys done by Peter Hyatt and a woman -her name I can't think of right now was made public. You can google that and read about it. So I don't know if it's actual fact or just theory.
Oh, yes I had read that. I was meaning actual proof. Thank you so much for answering .
anoanomous

Fitzgerald, GA

#9 May 2, 2013
i didnt know hailey od b/d or S/A.. but i do jknow that the day of the press conference when her mother wastold she didnt cry. her voice hasnt changed and she sounded like she would any other day. B/D and S/A killed her. S/A even said they were in scurry County, and that him and B/D where the ones they need to lokk at....
Smokin C-City

United States

#10 May 2, 2013
Bothers me that we were not able to find her the first 2 weeks of search.May have had more evidence back then.We were close but turned around a mile away.Have always believed that both were guilty.Only way to explain all that happened.If it had been my Daughter I would have been begging people to help look.Never saw them even looking.They are done.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#11 May 2, 2013
Smokin C-City wrote:
Bothers me that we were not able to find her the first 2 weeks of search.May have had more evidence back then.We were close but turned around a mile away.Have always believed that both were guilty.Only way to explain all that happened.If it had been my Daughter I would have been begging people to help look.Never saw them even looking.They are done.
Smokin, don't feel sad or like you didn't go far enough, because of your searching and dedication in this case, Hailey was found. You all kept it alive in her honor and never gave up. Thank you!

There is also the possibility that Hailey wasn't there at that time, and may have been put there after your search. Hopefully LE and Forensics can determine something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abbott Music Thread (Sep '13) Mar 1 Musikologist 7
Pete Gallego: Homeland security funding debate ... Mar 1 Cat74 5
Orthodox Christians mark Christmas with prayers... Feb 26 Jim 2
Blue Bell ice cream blossoms with flavors Feb 24 Dustin Warren 2
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 16 Farts 779
Nine-Year-Old Boy Suspended For Saying His 'Hob... Feb 6 andet1987 15
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 4 Farts 614

Winter Storm Warning for McLennan County was issued at March 05 at 3:42AM CST

West Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:48 am PST

Bleacher Report11:48AM
Chris Myers to Be Released by Texans: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction
Yahoo! Sports12:24 PM
Cowboys re-sign RFA WR Beasley
ESPN12:40 PM
Texans cut stalwart center Myers, save $6M
Bleacher Report 4:08 PM
Keith Rivers to Cowboys: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
NFL 4:17 PM
Keith Rivers signs one-year contract with Cowboys