Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Comments (Page 874)

Showing posts 17,461 - 17,480 of21,091
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
These bleeding heart morons like Blarney and his ilk are only using Martin and Zimmerman to further their anti-gun agenda. They did it with the massacre at Sandy Hook and they are still looking for any excuse to
continue.
Defiant Try to stay on the subject without your constantly evading the issue. Typical ploy of one that has no answer, no substance and no facts.
………Echoes Of Zimmerman
Stand Your Ground law illuminates its basic fundamental infrastructure that cast shadows, where the vigilantly seek their sanctuary.
Why even mass killers could seek sanctuary within the Stand Your Ground laws. Citing they feared for their lives from there victims.
Milwaukee gives us an example; A jury has been selected with one back person selected to decide the fate of the convicted John Spooner of first degree intentionally homicide.
John Spooner {white} shot and killed a 13 year old {black} Darius Simmons in May of 2012. Darius was retrieving his families garbage can’s when John Spooner approached him.
John Simmons demanded that Darius return his 4 shot guns, that he suspected, that Darius stole from his home 2 days prior. Darius denied any knowledge of those 4 shotguns and their theft. John then shoots and kills Darius.
Presently the defense of John Spooner moves the trial into its second phase requesting that John Spooner {76 Year Old} was not responsible due to his mental health.
Milwaukee has demonstrated, through their police department, on occasions, of racial insensitivities.
One example; the police denied a 22 year old {black} Derek Williams, was demonstrated, when he collapsed in the back of their police car, complains of unable to breath. Denying him CPR, until after he died. A more recent example; Darius’s Mother was denied to accompany her child to the hospital. Holding her in the back of police cars for questioning, lasting an hour and half !
Police then search her home and find no evidence linking Darius to the theft of the 4 Shoot Guns. They then arrest Darius’s brother for 5 municipal warrants.
Internal police investigators found none of its police policies were violated. Admitting only that “ A dimension of racial insensitivity that negatively influenced the trust of some members of the community”!
Mr. Gimbel, defense lawyer for John Spooner stresses’ that this is not a racial issue. Fearing links to the Zimmerman’s acquittal will have negative effects on the juries decision. Producing several neighbors from the neighborhood, of all races that John Spooner was well liked and not racial.
Voices on the street are passing the conceptions of their populace.“ There wouldn’t be no loopholes if the roles were reversed” and “ If John Spooner gets off like Zimmerman, then this whole system is a mess”.
Now when will Defiant grows a set and becomes defiant to his own nonsense and lack of any authority.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> your dislike for Perry is influencing your thought processes.Your conclusion that Perry has no chance to be competitive in the 2016 presidential race therefore has no real validity.
Except his dismal numbers in the 2012 primary. In 2012 Perry garnered ZERO delegates, got .7% of the popular vote, did not win a single state, and never even won a district.

Isn't that valid enough for you?
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Meanwhile back at the ranch. The chasm is widening. Eroding away the republicans with the down pours of Tea droplets.
Chasm widens down to the deeper levels in the dysfunctional republican party.
Thomas Doherty, chief PR man for former Governor George Pataki, has lost faith in the republican party. Receiving information {July 2013} that the republicans were going to walk the immigration bill to death.
So discouraged he has publicly stated, on twitter, he will be leaving his party of 32 years.
Doherty, no liberal, has come to the conclusion “That my party has elements within it that dislike homosexuals and think America is still in the 1940’s. AND while we talk about liberty and freedom, that liberty and freedom only seem to be acceptable for some.”
This is representing the growing oppositional forces that are increasing the rifts within the republican party. All the way down to its fundamental infrastructures of support. Doherty goes on to say about the republicans,“ Their rigidity is killing them. It’s either purity or you are anathema”!

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
Meanwhile back at the ranch. The chasm is widening. Eroding away the republicans with the down pours of Tea droplets.
Thomas Doherty, chief PR man for former Governor George Pataki, has lost faith in the republican party. Receiving information {July 2013} that the republicans were going to walk the immigration bill to death.
So discouraged he has publicly stated, on twitter, he will be leaving his party of 32 years.
Doherty, no liberal, has come to the conclusion “That my party has elements within it that dislike homosexuals and think America is still in the 1940’s. AND while we talk about liberty and freedom, that liberty and freedom only seem to be acceptable for some.”
This is representing the growing oppositional forces that are increasing the rifts within the republican party. All the way down to its fundamental infrastructures of support. Doherty goes on to say about the republicans,“ Their rigidity is killing them. It’s either purity or you are anathema”!
Just a thought here. If they would distance themselves from the "nutcakes" to whom they have given such a loud voice within the Party, they may stand a chance of survival. No Republican here, by the way.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Texan wrote:
waco, while I usually agree with you in this case I simply can not. Perry came off as a complete buffoon in the last primary, and damn near turned Texas into a laughing stock. Perry needs to just stay at home and take care of the states business and not be out making the rest of the world think that all Texans are idiots. Hopefully Anita isn't trying to convince him that God told her to have him run for President again. Rick and Anita are just a bad joke on Texas and I see no need to play that joke on the entire country.
I've discovered that Perry is most dangerous when underestimated.Rest assured, Perry has learned from his brief sojourn into the national stage.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Except his dismal numbers in the 2012 primary. In 2012 Perry garnered ZERO delegates, got .7% of the popular vote, did not win a single state, and never even won a district.
Isn't that valid enough for you?
I refer you to my post to Texan, just previous to this post.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Now the unions are beginning to clamor to be released from the onus of Obamacare, as the presidential health plan shows cracks in every pane.
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a thought here. If they would distance themselves from the "nutcakes" to whom they have given such a loud voice within the Party, they may stand a chance of survival. No Republican here, by the way.
Edthirty; agree they will and are presently distancing themselves from the extremist right wing. Assistance from the democrats will accelerate this procedure. Speculate republicans will then seek to restore their once Grand Party. Where and how they define the Grand Party will be debated amongst themselves for some time to come. Opening up new fissures that may eventually return them to the 1900’s when they were fractured as the progressive republicans and the conservative republicans. Big Stick Teddy was a progressive republican. After he step down so Taft could be elected. It soon became clear that Taft was seduced to the conservative republicans. Theodore ran against Taft only to make sure that the conservative party would lose the election to Wilson. Which is now history. Ike was republicans last great progressive republican. Last 80 years they have been in decline with mere illusions and propaganda to support their elections.
Today with the internet and instant easy information research, their propaganda is fading leaving them with their mere illusionary tactics which it to can easily be unmasked. Only recourse I see for them is to embrace progressive ideologies with a taint of conservative ideals.
Who knows? For they control the wealth and may yet pull out another Bushwhacking puppet supported by the Supreme Court and we can go through this all over again. Great Depression {R} 1929, Great Recession 2008 {R} and they say third times a charm.
It will take {R} at least another decade to get their act together as history has demonstrated. Until then democrats will have the field and with any luck hold it for at least several decades to make sure republicans have sufficiently educated themselves. After all they have 80 years of austerity policies they have imposed upon our nation to overcome.
Exception Ike Eisenhower being a moderate, labeled republican.
Here I’ll pass on the numbers to you on those 80 years. Comes from a book that broke down each president into statistical categories of achievements or lack of. Pay particular attention to the Income Gap evaluations. There in lies the crux of increasing inequality but that gives us a lead for another book to take up. This Book goes into far greater detail than this extremely compact comment that I will pass on to you . Don’t let Tex or Defiant read it. They have so much on their plates now that they can’t handle. Poor lads. to be continued
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

I do not believe he will be under estimated, merely prepared for. Also I do not believe he is intelligent enough to have learned enough. I mean if this country is dumb enough to put him in the White House; it deserves what ever happens. Personaly I figure it would add up to dumb, dumber, and dumbest. God have mercy on us if it happens.
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the numbers I said I would forward to you.
Lets go to the bottom line. Just which of the two party’s is the party to party with? Lets put them to the numbers. Going back 80 years. That will expose as to who is who a little bit more clearly than hyped up foxy journalist could ever do or dysfunctional opinionated commenter’s that infect this thread with their loose thread ideologies.
A mathematical investigation was produced by the statisticians Pedro Santa Clara and Rossen Valkanov that exposes the superior performance of the stock markets under democrats. That this is but one example of the democrat’s superiority, as there is more.
Their study encompasses 80 years. Study demonstrates systematically and positively surprised by democratic policies. Comparing the stewardship of the two parties. They calculated each economic indicator as an “annual average” during the democrats and republicans of their economic stewardship of their 40 years each. Turns out to be a landslide for democrats providing beneficial returns to the nation. One example; Democrat’s presided over a very respectable average annual compound return of 9.60% during their 40 years where in as republicans averaged a dismal 0.58%.
Consider this; a 401K plan invested in stocks and had a value of $100,000 at the beginning of the 40 years. Democrats would accumulate in compound interest $ 3,912,210 where in as republicans would only produce $126,027 . Another example; “IF” an employee were to invest $5,000 per year into their 401K for 40 years in a democratic stewardship the employee would have $1,985,526 in the bank. Where as the republican would produce a dismal $224,375.
That republicans advocate that they are good for businesses is false as compared to the democrats
Another interesting fact emerges within the statistical study. The income gap between the 99% and the top 1% has widened considerably under republicans. Averaging .49% as compared to the democrat’s .41% That is to say under republicans the income gap in 40 years, widened by 19.6% and narrowed 16.4%. Resulting in a 36% difference.
LOL on debt republicans increased debt by 2.5 times greater than that of the democrats. Republicans $7.1 Trillion vs. the democrats $2.8 Trillion.
GOP’s Self-Proclamation for economic dominance; in fact it is a misnomer to call the GOP a fiscal responsible party and or a smaller government, when in fact the contrary is true.
Obama’s administration indicates he sought the great leaders on these issue. Eccles and FDR, Clinton and O’Neill to do what is most productive for our nation.
Now pass on this one small example on an on, of the fallacies of the republican’s erroneous policies and deceptions..
Until then "Happy Trails to you, until we meet again..

Besara

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
Both parties are dysfunctional fools.
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Now the unions are beginning to clamor to be released from the onus of Obamacare, as the presidential health plan shows cracks in every pane.
I gave you more credit than this naive comment you have spewed forth. Guess its one of your Tea POT days again.
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Texan wrote:
I do not believe he will be under estimated, merely prepared for. Also I do not believe he is intelligent enough to have learned enough. I mean if this country is dumb enough to put him in the White House; it deserves what ever happens. Personaly I figure it would add up to dumb, dumber, and dumbest. God have mercy on us if it happens.
LOL now you are saying Texans are dumb if not dumber or dumbest for putting Perry in office. Well finally we have something we can almost agree on. I perceive that not all Texans are that dumb. As for your entity’s blessing, try keeping to yourself. Did not work for Perry. Did it ? And as I observe 99% of your comments, does not do you any good either. Hey maybe you and Perry are calling the wrong number..LOL
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Besara wrote:
<quoted text>Both parties are dysfunctional fools.
Hey Defiant is this a relation of yours. Another ODD for anarchy.
Besara make ask what is ODD. Well my little one; Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) is a childhood disorder described by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) as an ongoing pattern ... Patterns that you and, I speculate, your relative seem to have been arrested in that childhood state. You know sort of like the Peter Pan syndrome.
Show me this isn't true and bring us some facts. Aparrently you did not or could not read the numbers I provided. If you did, comprehension was not avaiable, was it? Due to your being so ODD...
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you more credit than this naive comment you have spewed forth. Guess its one of your Tea POT days again.
I guess you dont listen to the news.With all due respect Bernard IM going to have to throw that "naive" comment back your way.Employers have already gained a delay,several unions are requesting a five year delay in the implementation of O-care,the cracks in the wall are growing bigger.As an aside,two of my sister`s doctors have abandoned their private practice and gone to work as company doctors.My sister is on disability.
camp

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

American Pride wrote:
Today we are having a Grand Old Party
Ha
Facts vs Fiction

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you dont listen to the news.With all due respect Bernard IM going to have to throw that "naive" comment back your way.Employers have already gained a delay,several unions are requesting a five year delay in the implementation of O-care,the cracks in the wall are growing bigger.As an aside,two of my sister`s doctors have abandoned their private practice and gone to work as company doctors.My sister is on disability.
Good post.

When ObamaCare goes into full effect, it will reduce the income of about 30% of the workforce because they will get laid off and have to come back to work as part-timers, ineligible for any kind of benefits that they had before, because the smaller corporations and businesses simply cannot afford to pay their health insurance benefits mandated by ObamaCare. For example, some businesses with up to a hundred full-time employees will cut back to fifty full-time and fifty part-time employees, or maybe increase to 70 or 80 part-timers in order to keep their workforce at the same level that it was before ObamaCare.
Facts vs Fiction

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Hiring seasonal and temporary employees as well as interns will be another way employers will get around ObamaCare. All of the loopholes will bring about large increases in full-time employment.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I refer you to my post to Texan, just previous to this post.
You can be "dangerous" all you want but .07% of the vote is pathetic.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Foreskin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Defiant is this a relation of yours. Another ODD for anarchy.
Besara make ask what is ODD. Well my little one; Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) is a childhood disorder described by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) as an ongoing pattern ... Patterns that you and, I speculate, your relative seem to have been arrested in that childhood state. You know sort of like the Peter Pan syndrome.
Show me this isn't true and bring us some facts. Aparrently you did not or could not read the numbers I provided. If you did, comprehension was not avaiable, was it? Due to your being so ODD...
More fodder from a mental eunuch.
But do keep on regurgitating the DNC propaganda ejaculated down your willing and hungry throat.
It's nice to watch a malleable tool self-immolate on the Internet.
If nothing else, you can serve as a poor example.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 17,461 - 17,480 of21,091
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

West Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

West People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••