Texas plant will turn sewage into dri...

Texas plant will turn sewage into drinking water

There are 4 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from Aug 10, 2011, titled Texas plant will turn sewage into drinking water. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

In parched West Texas, it's often easier to drill for oil than to find new sources of water.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

bruv

Santa Clara, CA

#1 Aug 10, 2011
yuk! we finally arrived at "eat crap and die" reality? is this the future?
WHATMEWORRY

San Antonio, TX

#2 Aug 11, 2011
bruv wrote:
yuk! we finally arrived at "eat crap and die" reality? is this the future?
I thought that was about as gross as my day could get-having to think about a plant that will turn sewage into drinking water. Then it dawned on me that I live in a city on a river who gets the drinking water from the river-the same river that about a dozen cities up-river dumps their sewage in. And we in turn dump our sewage into the same river below our city and it becomes the drinking water for dozens of cities down-river. Doesn't bother me as much now that I thought it over.
shtrominer

Mount Morris, MI

#3 Aug 13, 2011
i ain't hydrologist but i know that water cycle in the nature is not as straightforward as ass-to-mouth..
shtrominer

Mount Morris, MI

#4 Aug 13, 2011
since texas ain't no land-locked state, why not desalinate sea water instead of, ewww yuck, sewage?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Uber vs. taxi cabs Wed huey goins 1
Abbott Music Thread (Sep '13) Wed Musikologist 8
News Planned Parenthood is not the key to womena s h... Aug 25 touche 90
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 17 District farts 977
News The border wall Donald Trump wants (mostly) exi... Aug 16 El Paso Rancher 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 15 More farts 790
News Rooster McConaughey -- Yes, Matthew's Brother -... Aug 9 NE 2 WIN 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Mortgages