Scientist Discovers New Dinosaur

Oct 5, 2012 Full story: KMID 30

A University of Chicago scientist says he's discovered a new dinosaur. Paul Serano says the "Pegomastax Africanus" would have looked something like a "two legged-porcupine". He also says the animal was less than two feet long and weighed less than a house cat.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JMD577

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Oct 6, 2012
I wonder what this thing may have looked like.

“What trolls???”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#2 Oct 6, 2012
It looked almost as bad as you junior
JMD577

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Oct 6, 2012
Hmm. Brain must be pretty ugly, then?

“What trolls???”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#4 Oct 6, 2012
JMD577 wrote:
Hmm. Brain must be pretty ugly, then?
We're both fairly ugly, though much sexier than any Jacob in the world.
coelophyis

Durham, NC

#5 Oct 8, 2012
paul serano is a joke but not as bad as n.g. magazine he draw raptor rex like a bird bird have nothing to do with dinosaurs protoavis was before coelophyis all dinosaurs had scalely skin 2 rows of armo or more on there backs they found all dinosaurs group with those and protofeathers is dead skin collagen fiber the great dinosaurs find that link dinosaurs with modern crocs he did not say nothing like sheildcroc link to frill dinosaurs bobtail croc armo leg link to dinosaurs with armo leg and diverse brain in the crocodilian system like t.rex. and duckcroc link to duckbill dinosaurs and little dinosaurs coelophyis type of dinosaurs the lizard hip theropod dino that they found with hepatic piston and diaghragm a modern crocodilian feature dinosaurs is just a prehistoric aligator and are very much alive velociraptor is a bird not a dinosaurs link to archaeoteryx with bird hip stop pass off flightless birds as dino or flying birds like micoraptor with no links to coelophyis type of dino clearly he is bias
TAXONOMY HATES YOU

San Francisco, CA

#6 Oct 8, 2012
You are hilariously idiotic.

Even aba used punctuation FFS!
coelophyis

Durham, NC

#7 Oct 8, 2012
sorry i am not good at it but i am good at the dino stuff.
TAXONOMY HATES YOU

San Francisco, CA

#8 Oct 8, 2012
No.

No you aren't.

You probably still think Deinosuchus is 12 meters-.-
Ophiacodon

Edinburgh, UK

#9 Oct 8, 2012
coelophyis wrote:
paul serano is a joke but not as bad as n.g. magazine he draw raptor rex like a bird bird have nothing to do with dinosaurs protoavis was before coelophyis all dinosaurs had scalely skin 2 rows of armo or more on there backs they found all dinosaurs group with those and protofeathers is dead skin collagen fiber the great dinosaurs find that link dinosaurs with modern crocs he did not say nothing like sheildcroc link to frill dinosaurs bobtail croc armo leg link to dinosaurs with armo leg and diverse brain in the crocodilian system like t.rex. and duckcroc link to duckbill dinosaurs and little dinosaurs coelophyis type of dinosaurs the lizard hip theropod dino that they found with hepatic piston and diaghragm a modern crocodilian feature dinosaurs is just a prehistoric aligator and are very much alive velociraptor is a bird not a dinosaurs link to archaeoteryx with bird hip stop pass off flightless birds as dino or flying birds like micoraptor with no links to coelophyis type of dino clearly he is bias
Hi BANDit. It's good to see that they still exist, us BADs love taunting you. I mean, just look at it, there is so much evidence to suggest birds = dinosaurs and yet nothing to suggest they aren't!!! So, is Compsognathus a bird? Yutyrannus? Gallimimus? Theriznosaurus?

Oh dear, you are fails to science!!!
TAXONOMY HATES YOU

San Francisco, CA

#10 Oct 8, 2012
It really is sad individuals like him pollute this world.

Y'know, I didn't even READ his stupid post in full the first time, yet I still saw his stupidity(No grammar)!
Ophiacodon

Edinburgh, UK

#11 Oct 8, 2012
TAXONOMY HATES YOU wrote:
It really is sad individuals like him pollute this world.
Y'know, I didn't even READ his stupid post in full the first time, yet I still saw his stupidity(No grammar)!
I know, BANDits are the worst!

Also, what's this about Deinosuchus. As far as I know Phobosuchus is the invalid genus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinosuchus

Ceo will probably now tell me that Deinosuchus evolved from Allosaurus or something stupid like that.
TAXONOMY HATES YOU

San Francisco, CA

#12 Oct 8, 2012
The rule of ABSOLUTE MONOSPECIFITY says that ALL SPECIES REQUIRE THEIR OWN GENUS. "D". Riograndensis is obviously a different species to D.Rugosus, so IT REQUIRES ITS OWN GENUS! And Phobosuchus sounds really cool, also.

“What trolls???”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#13 Oct 8, 2012
Ophiacodon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi BANDit. It's good to see that they still exist, us BADs love taunting you. I mean, just look at it, there is so much evidence to suggest birds = dinosaurs and yet nothing to suggest they aren't!!! So, is Compsognathus a bird? Yutyrannus? Gallimimus? Theriznosaurus?
Oh dear, you are fails to science!!!
Us non-homosexuals love taunting you Pro-Ukrain Errrrr Homosexuals.
coelophyis

Durham, NC

#14 Oct 9, 2012
there is no bird link with dinosaurs protofeathers is collagen fiber found in sea snakes and dolphin even repected bad scientist said so . all evidence point to them been aligator and crocodile and modern crocs ancestor is spinosauridae protoavis is older than four finger coelophyis pearching bird fossil foot print is in the time of none fuse furcula coelophyis none fuse furcula is a prehistoric reptile feature. any way /n.g.magazine/ super croc is rather large
coelophyis

Durham, NC

#15 Oct 9, 2012
compsogthus reltive was found with hepatic piston and a diaghragm . a croc feature and a mammal feature a none bird feature and allso only scaley hands . bird fingers are 2,3,4, dino are 1,2,3,. compsogthus a true dinosaurs coelophyis type of dino also found in the bird archaeoteryx rock formation. maniraptorian are birds not dinosaurs with bird teeth bird replacement teeth bird big brain and jaws and bird inner ears and bird hip and bird arm movement they have no link to lizard hip coelophyis type of dinosaurs .its just whinning bad scientist with out any facts that can not handle the truth /n.g. magazine/.pearching foot shows that bird allready flying .pearch foot assit bird in flying
coelophyis

Durham, NC

#16 Oct 9, 2012
maniraptorian middle finger are the biggest like birds. they are close to archaeoteryx and owls.the none sprawling crocs the won that turn into dinosaurs was dino dinner dinosaurs got rid of them like the rest animal that they came up against.they have no links to modern crocodilian.all of the links are spinosauridae.
coelophyis

Durham, NC

#17 Oct 9, 2012
all dinosaurs were cold blood because they have 2 rows armo or more on there backs a reptile thermoregulation feature found in ground reptile like turtle crocs tuatara that could not climb trees they found that in all dinosaurs group its a primtive feature that why all those animal look alike
coelophyis

Durham, NC

#18 Oct 9, 2012
dinosaurs and crocs are more close to turtle than bird short tail bobtailcroc simular inside the mouth and 2 rows armo.modern science and kat scan is bad for b.a.d. scientist cause with there old superfacial science and ghost theory. dinosaurs is more croc like than before and is very much alive only aquatic form thou its just a prehistoric aligator. b.a.d. scientist /n.g.magazine/ are just mad about false chinese fossil that why they go with lies and propoganda tv shows you can not hide information now of days .yutyrannus skin trust me look like a croc like all dinosaurs just like carnotaurus with croc very scaley armo croc bums thermregulation cold blooded armo skin on there backs they found allmost complete fossil skin of carnotaurus
coelophyis

Durham, NC

#19 Oct 9, 2012
birds do not walk like dinosaurs humans walk more like dinosaurs birds are knee runners there legs the femur is fix it barely move the tibia is the femur and the ankle is the tibia

“What trolls???”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20 Oct 9, 2012
aba, do you know that people often get criticized for making SIX POSTS IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 20 min Frank Gray 18,422
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 3 hr Liberal forever 22,591
The TYC facility in San Saba may soon become an... (Apr '07) Thu APE retawed 145
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Gasman 566
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sep 14 That Fart Guy 676
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Sep 10 Gasman 728
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Sep 9 Gasman 796
•••
•••
•••

West Jobs

•••
•••
•••

West People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

West News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••