Four Legged Illegal Immigrants Nabbed in West Texas

Fourteen horses, ten adults and four yearlings, which walked across the Rio Grande into Hudspeth County, east of El Paso, were seized by the Border Patrol and turned over to the Texas Animal Health Commission, which determined they are suffering from a disease called Equine Piroplasmosis. Full Story
OMG

Omaha, NE

#1 May 20, 2012
Just what we don't need is another disease brought over the border.
Mr_D_ ElPaso

El Paso, TX

#2 May 20, 2012
Sounds like a made up dieases to stir up the right wing bible thumping gun clinching Wackos.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#4 May 20, 2012
Mr_D_ ElPaso wrote:
Sounds like a made up dieases to stir up the right wing bible thumping gun clinching Wackos.
Sounds like some SOB stole his name and wrote this article to me.
Linda

El Paso, TX

#5 May 20, 2012
Mr_D_ ElPaso wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like some SOB stole his name and wrote this article to me.
We need to keep out the geldings for sure because they are no good for anyone. They can't reproduce and without a sizable stud fee, it's no use owning a horse.
Typical of the illegals

United States

#6 May 20, 2012
OMG wrote:
Just what we don't need is another disease brought over the border.
Full of disease.

“Liberalism = Communism”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#7 May 20, 2012
Mr_D_ ElPaso wrote:
You think this is a made up disease, you need to google it. It's a very real disease,
Larry

El Paso, TX

#8 May 20, 2012
Bonnie_Blue wrote:
<quoted text>
You think this is a made up disease, you need to google it. It's a very real disease,
Is it similar to hoof and mouth disease? I know a man who bought a horse and he turned out to have it. The damn disease spread and the owner was in a world of hurt. Some of these horse traders make you feel huskered, fuskered and used.

“Liberalism = Communism”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#9 May 20, 2012
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it similar to hoof and mouth disease? I know a man who bought a horse and he turned out to have it. The damn disease spread and the owner was in a world of hurt. Some of these horse traders make you feel huskered, fuskered and used.
Maybe this will help you.

Equine Piroplasmosis is present in South and Center America, the Caribbean (including Puerto Rico), Africa, the Middle East, and Eastern and Southern Europe. Only the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, England and Ireland are not considered to be endemic areas.

This disease is a disease of Equidae (horses, donkeys, mules, and zebras), and is caused by two parasitic organisms, Babesia equi and Babesia caballi. Although, Equine Piroplasmosis is primarily transmitted to horses by ticks, this bloodborne disease has been spread mechanically from animal to animal by contaminated needles.

Once infected, an equine can take 7 to 22 days to show signs of illness. Cases of Equine Piroplasmosis can be mild or acute, depending on the virulence of the parasite. Acutely affected equine can have fever, anemia, jaundiced mucous membranes, swollen abdomens, and labored breathing. Equine Piroplasmosis can also cause equine to have roughened hair coats, constipation, and colic. In its milder form, Equine Piroplasmosis causes equine to appear weak and show lack of appetite.

The greatest risk for introduction of this disease is through trading of animals or international equestrian sports, where infected and non-infected animals are in contact. Many disease free countries have the climate suitable for a foreign tick vector, or have ticks which could act as vectors.
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/anima...
Whatever

Kansas City, MO

#10 May 20, 2012
Jury Deleberations wrote:
According to this lame article the USA has laws that even make horses illegal? Good grief, talk about a stupid article full of BS in the name of fear mongering.
Din't bother reading it, did you Rico?
JWRussell

El Paso, TX

#12 May 20, 2012
Once infected, an equine can take 7 to 22 days to show signs of illness. Cases of Equine Piroplasmosis can be mild or acute, depending on the virulence of the parasite. Acutely affected equine can have fever, anemia, jaundiced mucous membranes, swollen abdomens, and labored breathing. Equine Piroplasmosis can also cause equine to have roughened hair coats, constipation, and colic. In its milder form, Equine Piroplasmosis causes equine to appear weak and show lack of appetite.

The greatest risk for introduction of this disease is through trading of animals or international equestrian sports, where infected and non-infected animals are in contact. Many disease free countries have the climate suitable for a foreign tick vector, or have ticks which could act as vectors.

They need to destroy the animals so the Texas ticks do not transmit the disease.
JesusChristCentr alDave

El Paso, TX

#14 May 20, 2012
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
I got this diease in my culo.
cavcp

El Paso, TX

#16 May 21, 2012
Even the horses know the medical care here is the bett on this side of the border

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA scandal in Phoenix was no surprise to officials 20 hr Viet Nam Veteran 1
Abilene teacher resigns, charged with felony Dec 18 Please 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
First Bale Of Cotton For Hill County Dec 12 jwdudley 1
Predator P3 Pool Cue For Sale (Mar '13) Nov 29 bill 3
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Online Bible Nov '14 jwdudley 2
West Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:42 pm PST