Pecos Schools Try New Tactics to get Students to College 10/1/12

Oct 1, 2012 Full story: KOSA

Shannon Murray CBS 7 Reporter smurray@cbs7.com 10/1/12 Pecos, TX - Some West Texas students are getting an early start; looking at colleges before they even get to junior high.

Full Story
trip

Cross Plains, TX

#1 Oct 2, 2012
The average cost on in state tuition in a four year college has risen 25% during Obama. Who is going to pay for all these kids to go to school China?! This may of sounded good a decade ago but it is absurd now! I can see learning a trade.
Notch

Hobbs, NM

#2 Oct 17, 2012
Not everyone goes to college. Some kids are destined to trade schools, working in family businesses or just working. I went to work right after graduating HS and make more than a lot of college graduates. I have worked with college graduates that were dumber than sticks. I once worked for a major oil company that hired college graduates. The first thing they did was put them to work in the field with the men that had been working all their lives. The company said they first needed to learn street smarts and how to work alongside people that knew a whole lot more than they did. It kept them humble after they moved to the office and they learned to respect the people that worked under them. I think that the schools should push "Higher Education" instead of "Go to College". No matter what job you have you will always be learning new things.
COllEge

Cross Plains, TX

#3 Oct 28, 2012
WTF If everyone goes to college a diploma is worth nada!!! And dont these stupid fools know it's a way to enslave our youth to be in debt with student loans! Most kids need to get to work and not be drains on economy with student loans Equals welfare!Learning a trade seems like a better option. And let's face it some are just ditch diggers and that's all they will be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Same-Sex Couple Speaks Out About Gay Marr... 7 hr jwdudley 2
In Texas, Bush father and son hit campaign trial Oct 16 L Morales 12
Abbott Music Thread (Sep '13) Sep 28 Musikologist 6
Dallas' annual gay pride parade draws thousands... Sep 27 Ed 18
Body of Texas sheriff's deputy found in lake Sep 20 paddyomalley 1
The TYC facility in San Saba may soon become an... (Apr '07) Sep '14 APE retawed 145
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Gasman 673
West Dating
Find my Match

West Jobs

West People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]