Letters: Doesn't need guilt trip

Aug 14, 2013 Full story: El Paso Times 21

I'm not sure what training seminar so many of you attended into trying to guilt me into giving you money, but it is time to get new material.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brian Scott

El Paso, TX

#1 Aug 14, 2013
The small West Texas town of Marfa is in a battle with an adult magazine over the use of Marfa to market their smut and sexism. The marketing vehicle is a large outdoor sign of the trademark logo for the adult magazine. It is claimed that the sign is "art."

The Texas Department of Transportation is in the process of deciding whether the sign is legal, given the general ban of outdoor advertising along the highways in the open spaces of Texas. This ban is one of the grand legacies of Lady Bird Johnson.

The good citizens of Marfa need the help of those Texans who honor the legacy of Mrs. Johnson. If the purveyors of smut and sexism can vitiate this legacy in a small West Texas town, what will become of the beautiful open roads of Texas that the work of Mrs. Johnson bequested to all Texans?

Please contact your state representative, state senator and the Texas Department of Transportation and demand that this sign be taken down. Please act to preserve Mrs. Johnson's legacy against its attack by the purveyors of smut and sexism under the guise of art.
Jimmie

Shreveport, LA

#2 Nov 24, 2013
Ms. Johnson and her late husband's legacy is full of the residue of vile deeds done in the name of power and influence. In addition to all of the murders and lives destroyed in Texas, let us not forget the thousands of lives, into the millions considering the consequences, of Johnson's drive to enrich his family and do the bidding of his sponsors and partners. The whore Lady Bird will need to have more than open highways and bluebonnets to hide the evil done by her greed.
POS

United States

#3 Nov 24, 2013
Screw the gente of Marfa. Bolla de Vendidos.
Little Green Men

El Paso, TX

#4 Nov 24, 2013
POS wrote:
Screw the gente of Marfa. Bolla de Vendidos.
You're madres culo is still in Marfa along with Willie Nelson's tour bus ya joto.
Red

El Paso, TX

#5 Nov 24, 2013
Little Green Men wrote:
<quoted text>You're madres culo is still in Marfa along with Willie Nelson's tour bus ya joto.
This is proof little Petro is coward, steals names
callate tu sico

El Paso, TX

#6 Nov 24, 2013
Little Green Men wrote:
<quoted text>You're madres culo is still in Marfa along with Willie Nelson's tour bus ya joto.
OTFLMAO, that is freaking funny!!!!
callate tu sico

El Paso, TX

#7 Nov 24, 2013
Red wrote:
<quoted text>
This is proof little Petro is coward, steals names
And you are proof that even a fugly toothless escandalosa putota like your mom is still allowed to give birth in Mexihole.
POS

El Paso, TX

#8 Nov 24, 2013
callate tu sico wrote:
<quoted text>
OTFLMAO, that is freaking funny!!!!
GYFAOTF, pinchi gorda get off the floor.
callate tu sico

El Paso, TX

#9 Nov 24, 2013
Little Green Men wrote:
pica me el culo way.
All The Way With LBJ

Denver, CO

#10 Jan 8, 2014
Jimmie wrote:
Ms. Johnson and her late husband's legacy is full of the residue of vile deeds done in the name of power and influence. In addition to all of the murders and lives destroyed in Texas, let us not forget the thousands of lives, into the millions considering the consequences, of Johnson's drive to enrich his family and do the bidding of his sponsors and partners. The whore Lady Bird will need to have more than open highways and bluebonnets to hide the evil done by her greed.
I totally agree. What a sorry legacy the theiving and greedy Johnson family left this country. His Great Society and immigration laws placed us on the grand road to ruin. Any screwball idiot wanting to idolize Lady Turd is living in a haze.
Jim Sadler

El Paso, TX

#11 Jan 8, 2014
I love Marfa! I was traveling through one time when I had to stop and pinch a loaf. The attendant handed me the key to the crapper without a fuss and even gave me a can of air freshener to spray when I was done shooting out my log. It was a lovely scent with a genuine Spring-like freshness. I'd definitely stop there again if I ever need to drop a deuce while on the road.
Deadly Behavior

United States

#12 Jan 8, 2014
Brian Scott wrote:
The small West Texas town of Marfa is in a battle with an adult magazine over the use of Marfa to market their smut and sexism. The marketing vehicle is a large outdoor sign of the trademark logo for the adult magazine. It is claimed that the sign is "art."
The Texas Department of Transportation is in the process of deciding whether the sign is legal, given the general ban of outdoor advertising along the highways in the open spaces of Texas. This ban is one of the grand legacies of Lady Bird Johnson.
The good citizens of Marfa need the help of those Texans who honor the legacy of Mrs. Johnson. If the purveyors of smut and sexism can vitiate this legacy in a small West Texas town, what will become of the beautiful open roads of Texas that the work of Mrs. Johnson bequested to all Texans?
Please contact your state representative, state senator and the Texas Department of Transportation and demand that this sign be taken down. Please act to preserve Mrs. Johnson's legacy against its attack by the purveyors of smut and sexism under the guise of art.
The Johnson's knew something about advertising.

Due to his cozy relationship with the head of the FCC, there was only one TV station in Austin until after LBJ left the Presidency.--his.

His views were literally free. Opposing views were not welcome.
Analyst

El Paso, TX

#13 Jan 8, 2014
Deadly Behavior wrote:
<quoted text>
His views were literally free. Opposing views were not welcome.
Just like in here! Your views are free because they are essentially worthless. Everyone else's views are dismissed out of hand by your ignorance, racism and bigotry. So things haven't changed a whole hell of a lot, have they?
Larry Driscoll

United States

#14 Jan 8, 2014
How Lady Bird and LBJ became radio and TV moguls (monopolists):

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Talk/...
The Real Analyst

United States

#15 Jan 8, 2014
Brian Scott wrote:
The only reason Lady Bird opposed outdoor advertising was because she did not control it.
Analyst

El Paso, TX

#16 Jan 8, 2014
How SJM will act when he thinks the time is finally right:

http://deadspin.com/recently-retired-german-s...
Brian Scott

El Paso, TX

#17 Jan 8, 2014
The Real Analyst wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason Lady Bird opposed outdoor advertising was because she did not control it.
The main reason people oppose you is that you're an idiot.
Libtards to be tolerated

Fullerton, CA

#18 Jan 8, 2014
Brian Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
The main reason people oppose you is that you're an idiot.
Brilliant retort. An ACORN stalwart, I am sure.
Brian Scott

El Paso, TX

#19 Jan 8, 2014
Libtards to be tolerated wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. That means a lot coming from someone with the intellectual capacity of a chipmunk like you. You definitely know your acorns. Just remember only one at a time in your mouth - they're not like balls which I know you take both of at the same time.
Petro

El Paso, TX

#20 Jan 8, 2014
Libtards to be tolerated wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you like licking the puppets snatch?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trial beginning for agents accused of shooting ... (Feb '06) 7 hr Gunther Gonzalez 2
VA scandal in Phoenix was no surprise to officials Dec 26 Viet Nam Veteran 1
Abilene teacher resigns, charged with felony Dec 18 Please 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
First Bale Of Cotton For Hill County Dec 12 jwdudley 1
Predator P3 Pool Cue For Sale (Mar '13) Nov 29 bill 3
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
West Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:24 pm PST

ESPN 5:24PM
Jerry Jones: 'Nobody knows' his Bryant concerns
Bleacher Report 5:24 PM
Early Preview for NFC Wild Card Matchups
Bleacher Report 6:50 PM
Is This Dallas' Best Chance at Super Bowl During Romo Era?
NBC Sports 8:48 PM
Crisis averted: No AT&T Stadium scheduling conflict for CFP championship
NBC Sports 1:03 AM
Watt leads Texans to 23-17 win over Jaguars - NBC Sports